The Student Room Group

GET STRAIGHT A*s | GCSEs/Exam Revision Tips! - 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alishba-rosex
Thanks, you too

Do you mind me asking how to change because I feel like I could improve in one subject I'm struggling in

What's the subject?
Reply 21
Original post by Serkan Marasli
x.

man reading your transition made me motivated afffffffffff (really need to revise science ffsS)

you got some admirable work ethic, idk how you put so much effort into it. Good luck with your exams!

what exam you got first? Mines RE paper 1 on the 16th, then french reading and listening, and bio unit 1 the day after
thanks brudda <3<3 u

Naa man. what you on I <3 you more.
Original post by zanner
man reading your transition made me motivated afffffffffff (really need to revise science ffsS)

you got some admirable work ethic, idk how you put so much effort into it. Good luck with your exams!

what exam you got first? Mines RE paper 1 on the 16th, then french reading and listening, and bio unit 1 the day after

Uhhh... i actually feel sorry for you.. i had RE last year (Boring af). My first exam is ICT (on the 18th) then the next is on the 23rd so im good for May :smile:.

And with Science... just do a lot of past papers... I won't lie, if you know nothing but do every single past paper, you should get at least an A.

and good luck with your exams too!!!
Original post by FaisalNaeem03

What is love? baby don't hurt me! don't hurt me, no more!
What's the subject?

It's Maths, but I feel like I'm going downhill in Science too, and they both used to be my strongest subjects - I don't know how to revise for Science..
Reply 26
Uhhh... i actually feel sorry for you.. i had RE last year (Boring af). My first exam is ICT (on the 18th) then the next is on the 23rd so im good for May :smile:.

And with Science... just do a lot of past papers... I won't lie, if you know nothing but do every single past paper, you should get at least an A.

and good luck with your exams too!!!

RE aint too bad! I find it rrrly easy so I'm glad it's an easy start.
Hahaahahah that's the best way I learn tbh, doing past papers - seeing what i cant do, and revising that. I'm aiming for A* in the three separate sciences and im still on unit 1 for each.... sickkkkkkkkk (doomed af)

I have 22 exams i think total wby
Original post by zanner
What changed? Lots have told me that English is natural talent. I've never really had trouble with English (Predicted A*s for both), but some of my friends say they're destined to fail English and I don't know how to help them.

I'd be one of those people :hide:
It's Maths, but I feel like I'm going downhill in Science too, and they both used to be my strongest subjects - I don't know how to revise for Science..

Past papers. Lots and lots of them. And examiner reports.
Reply 29
Original post by TheOtherSide.
I'd be one of those people :hide:

really?!?!?

im certain ur english is 10/10
Original post by FaisalNaeem03

Original post by zanner
really?!?!?

im certain ur english is 10/10

:toofunny:

Spoiler

With Maths, use a site called MathsWatch VLE (only if your school has it) if not... i highly recommend searching up videos on how to do topics on YouTube... this will help so much! like it help me so much (From C to A* in 6 months)...

For Science, search up your exam board's learning checklist thing online... the majority of the time, it contains the answers for the longer topics... i also recommend just reading the revision guide and then taking notes on topics you think you may struggle on... also the one word answers on the flash cards....

For both subjects, do every single past paper! that's what i did and it helped me so much!
Reply 33
:toofunny:

Spoiler

literature yh?

i find having a structure to follow helps a lot

PEEEE (point evidence explain explore evaluate) af

basically ye when you analyze, write a lot about a little. get small quotes and think about different interpretations

(soz OP for hijackin ur thread)
Original post by zanner
RE aint too bad! I find it rrrly easy so I'm glad it's an easy start.
Hahaahahah that's the best way I learn tbh, doing past papers - seeing what i cant do, and revising that. I'm aiming for A* in the three separate sciences and im still on unit 1 for each.... sickkkkkkkkk (doomed af)

I have 22 exams i think total wby

i had 6 exams last year... got 20 this year so 26...
Reply 35
i had 6 exams last year... got 20 this year so 26...

Are yours spaced out? Mine are relatively spaced out compared to what ive read here and there

Start 16th may
end 17th june
Original post by zanner
literature yh?

i find having a structure to follow helps a lot

PEEEE (point evidence explain explore evaluate) af

basically ye when you analyze, write a lot about a little. get small quotes and think about different interpretations

(soz OP for hijackin ur thread)

That makes sense, except I've got to somehow come up with viable interpretations, which I really, really can't do.
Original post by zanner
Are yours spaced out? Mine are relatively spaced out compared to what ive read here and there

Start 16th may
end 17th june

Start: 18th May
End: 24th June

In may, i have an exam on the 18th, 23,24,25,26,27
and in June i have an exam every day with sometimes 2 in 1 day :smile:
Original post by zanner

Start 16th may
end 17th june

I've got one week when I do almost half my exams..
That makes sense, except I've got to somehow come up with viable interpretations, which I really, really can't do.

The viable interpretations don't have to be that good. Like you can literally chat out of your ass and if it's somewhat relevant, then you'll gain marks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending