The Student Room Group

Please help. I just attacked my mother.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mariam687
why would u kick ur mum?

u dont realise how much ur mum does for u

please just take the time out to watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB3xM93rXbY

Why post a video which mentions nothing about the other parent and makes mothers out to be this fantastic thing - not all are like that and it's time the world realised

Not all mothers fit under "u dont realise how much ur mum does for u" - some do nothing or at least very little
someone understands me..

I felt absolutely sick and disgusted when reading the replies.
We live in a society where your own mother is valued less than a dog.
The one who brought you up to cleaning your own **** in comparison to a dog who's **** you clean
'Treat the dog first' they say.
God I pray my children don't grow up like this.
If it was the other way around people would be screaming child abuse. I'm so disgusted with today's generation.

Well done for being the only decent person in this thread. Your mum is lucky to have you x
Original post by Anonymous
The one who brought you up to cleaning your own **** in comparison to a dog who's **** you clean
If it was the other way around people would be screaming child abuse. I'm so disgusted with today's generation.

Well done for being the only decent person in this thread. Your mum is lucky to have you x

thank you so much <3
my mum means a lot to me seeing as i have no siblings or a father, shes all i have left tbh..
Bit late to this.

1. OP your dog. Do you have insurance? If you take it to the vet will your parents have the means to pay? It can be very expensive.
If you cant afford to pay and you are on certain benefits, then you cna use the PDSA if theres one in your area.

https://www.pdsa.org.uk/vet-services/eligibility
You can also try blue cross.

You know your dog. but there might be little they will do till next week unless they are open over the weekend?

I hope its not too serious and it makes a full recovery.

2. Kicking your mum. Presumably nothing like this has happened before. Your mum went out with your dad? Gas ge said anything or done anything? they probably left to get your brother out of the wau and for things to cool down You know where they went or if they are coming back?.

What to do? You know you crossed a line and its pretty serious. have you thought about contacting a family friend or an elder sibling and getting them to act as intermediary. You ofc need to apologise, but its all unpreductable at the moment. Perhaps it will blow over without getting outside parties involved? I would write a letter of apology and it should tell your mum how sorry you are and you are shocked, but you were angry becayse of the dog and your parents letting it go with your broither, then making excuses for him, when obviously he has injured your pet. Tell them you will accept what sanction they choose and you love her and wish it had never happened. leave it downstairs or give it to her as she comes in.

Other people you could call are your vicar/ priest or maybe a relative who you trust.

I think you will have to wait and hope things are stable enough in your family for it to calm down. If outside parties become involved i.e the police or social services then its a whole new ball game and you dont want that. If you wnat to recover the situation then you are going to have to take responsibiliyu and behave like an adult. Hope it all gets sorted. Good luck.

Yeah totally because we're all saying "screw the mum. Go doggy!"

Most of us are saying the dog is under serious health threats (which are a result of the parent's ignorance) and HENCE it need immediate medical attention.

Second priority (after saving a life) is to make amends with family. It is important, but health comes first.

Well done for misunderstanding most of this thread. We're lucky to have you x
Hi I'm sort of in shock at the moment. Sorry it's a long story but if you have any advice or comments I appreciate it.

My parents let my extremely aggressive schizophrenic brother take my elderly dog out. He has attacked her (and us) before and I've told my parents not to let him take her because his history. They let him take her anyway and when he returned hours later she was covered in some kind of gross sticky liquid and was dragging both her legs behind her one of which was covered in blood. My brother admitted she got in his way so he kicked her but he has obviously done much worse. She also refuses to eat anything, which is completely unlike her. When she came back in such a horrific state I asked my parents to do something like challenge him as to what exactly he did and to take her to the vet. They didn't care whatsoever and were more concerned with defendeding my brother because he's "mentally unwell". So I just snapped and kicked my mother twice as hard as I could asking her how she likes it. She looked at me in horror then started crying and I noticed two massive bruises come up within seconds.

I instantly regretted doing it and feel really guilty for causing my mum pain as I've never had an argument with her in all my 18 years. She's my best friend and I can't believe I did this. The other day I was violently ill and she took care of me all day and night even taking the day off of work.

My parents just left the house with my mum crying as she left. I feel so upset and guilty? How to I make this up to her? I know she feels incredibly betrayed by my violence.

PS I have phoned the emergency vets who advised me to monitor the dog until my parents come back and then try and bring her in later if she is still lame and/or not eating

The true victim in this scenario isn't your parents but the dog.
:rip: #FrankerZ

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
The true victim in this scenario isn't your parents but the dog.
:rip: #FrankerZ

I think everyone's a victim here tbh. OP to rash thinking. The dog to obvious abuse. The mother to the violence.
thank you so much <3
my mum means a lot to me seeing as i have no siblings or a father, shes all i have left tbh..

I'm sorry to hear that x
If I was your mum I wouldn't worry,
Looks like you'd take good care of her :smile:
I'm sorry to hear that x

Also apologies for my previous post because I know it was harsh. My point is we need to look at the creature whose life is at risk.

Sorry again.
I'm sorry to hear that x

<3
Original post by Student403
Yeah totally because we're all saying "screw the mum. Go doggy!"

Most of us are saying the dog is under serious health threats (which are a result of the parent's ignorance) and HENCE it need immediate medical attention.

Second priority (after saving a life) is to make amends with family. It is important, but health comes first.

Well done for misunderstanding most of this thread. We're lucky to have you x

Well some people are saying just that moron

His mum has BRUISES. What sick person would do that?! Your own mother?!
I think everyone's a victim here tbh. OP to rash thinking. The dog to obvious abuse. The mother to the violence.

Read my earlier message in the spoiler as I updated it.

What do you think would be the most suitable punishment for the brother? :hmmmm2:
Also apologies for my previous post because I know it was harsh. My point is we need to look at the creature whose life is at risk.

Sorry again.

its ok seriously, i should also be careful before judging people like that, im sorry too.

its kl bro dw :smile:
Reply 73
We're lucky to have you x

DAMN PRSOM. I can never rep you. :cry:

Original post by XxKingSniprxX
What do you think would be the most suitable punishment for the brother? :hmmmm2:

Nothing tbf. He's not mentally well, there wouldn't be any good outcome.

I'm not agreeing with those people. And I don't agree that OP should have kicked the mother either. But you said "Well done for being the only decent person in this thread", which frankly I believe is an insult to everyone giving good advice here, which is to take the dog to a vet because its life may be in serious danger.

But bruises are one thing and this "she was covered in some kind of gross sticky liquid and was dragging both her legs behind her one of which was covered in blood. My brother admitted she got in his way so he kicked her but he has obviously done much worse. She also refuses to eat anything" is another.
Hi I'm sort of in shock at the moment. Sorry it's a long story but if you have any advice or comments I appreciate it.

My parents let my extremely aggressive schizophrenic brother take my elderly dog out. He has attacked her (and us) before and I've told my parents not to let him take her because his history. They let him take her anyway and when he returned hours later she was covered in some kind of gross sticky liquid and was dragging both her legs behind her one of which was covered in blood. My brother admitted she got in his way so he kicked her but he has obviously done much worse. She also refuses to eat anything, which is completely unlike her. When she came back in such a horrific state I asked my parents to do something like challenge him as to what exactly he did and to take her to the vet. They didn't care whatsoever and were more concerned with defendeding my brother because he's "mentally unwell". So I just snapped and kicked my mother twice as hard as I could asking her how she likes it. She looked at me in horror then started crying and I noticed two massive bruises come up within seconds.

I instantly regretted doing it and feel really guilty for causing my mum pain as I've never had an argument with her in all my 18 years. She's my best friend and I can't believe I did this. The other day I was violently ill and she took care of me all day and night even taking the day off of work.

My parents just left the house with my mum crying as she left. I feel so upset and guilty? How to I make this up to her? I know she feels incredibly betrayed by my violence.

PS I have phoned the emergency vets who advised me to monitor the dog until my parents come back and then try and bring her in later if she is still lame and/or not eating

If anything you should have kicked that bastard mentally ill brother (even though he's ill) if he's breaking the legs of dogs, only a matter of time he's stabbing you or others to death being ****ing CRAZY

Say sorry to your mum, explain how him hurting the dog feels, it has feelings, feels pain etc. Parents forgive, but you as a family need to DEAL WITH YOUR NUTS BROTHER. Are your family even having hjm treated??

Posted from TSR Mobile
@Student403 thank you for literally everything you've said in this thread
Reply 77
Original post by defenestrated
@Student403 thank you for literally everything you've said in this thread

I concur. My respect for him has grown even more

And the dog has blood on him. What kind of person would allow such a thing to happen?

We are not saying that what he did to his mother is fine. We are merely saying that it's wrong to ignore the errors the mother made and the dog's severe injuries. The brother was wrong for hurting the dog, the mother was wrong for allowing it to happen, and OP is wrong for hitting his mother. It's wrong, in my opinion, to make it seem as though what happened to the dog is nothing compared to what happened to the mother. Both are terrible.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Legendary Quest
And the dog has blood on him. What kind of person would allow such a thing to happen?

We are not saying that what he did to his mother is fine. We are merely saying that it's wrong to ignore the errors the mother made and the dog's severe injuries. The brother was wrong for hurting the dog, the mother was wrong for allowing it to happen, and OP is wrong for hitting his mother. It's wrong, in my opinion, to make it seem as though what happened to the dog is nothing compared to what happened to the mother. Both are equally as bad.

PRSOM!!

Quick Reply

Latest