The Student Room Group

What A Levels are good for law

Scroll to see replies

I would do History, English Literature, Religious Studies and either Mathematics or a Language.
Reply 41
Original post by ivybridge
I would do History, English Literature, Religious Studies and either Mathematics or a Language.

As when I get to a level there's no AS and we've only got 3, I think I'll do history RS and maths - as I hate languages and I'm rubbish at them so I'm not taking any at GCSEs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Take a language so you can take that law degree abroad because it ain't gonna help ya in the very staurated law market in this country.
Original post by vn2410
As when I get to a level there's no AS and we've only got 3, I think I'll do history RS and maths - as I hate languages and I'm rubbish at them so I'm not taking any at GCSEs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, you should definitely do either History or English though. I recommend History.
Reply 44
Original post by Moonstruck16
Take a language so you can take that law degree abroad because it ain't gonna help ya in the very staurated law market in this country.

I know but I'm just bad at languages and I can't take one any way because I'm not taking one for GCSE , any other comments ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by ivybridge
Okay, you should definitely do either History or English though. I recommend History.

Yes I will probably take history , it's my best subject and favriote

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vn2410
I'm actually reasonably good at RS, history and English with As and an A*in history but then I do find English boring but does English get harder, and yes politics is offered but some say it's a soft option ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't do English Lit personally but I know it definitely does get harder, especially since the grade boundaries are ridiculously close, and everyone doing it is currently stressing over it. I found it boring too, and not choosing English was the best decision I could have made.
Well my school doesn't offer it because it is generally considered soft, I think it'd be good to do RS (or History if you're really dedicated, a lot of boring content if i'm honest) because RS has a lot of interesting content and isn't considered soft. But at the end of the day if you really DO like politics, absolutely go for it!!
Original post by vn2410

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is great :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by Wisteria_xo
This is great :smile:

Thanks , just wondering what would be better, politics economics or maths if I'm also doing history and philosophy and ethics (RS) ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do the subjects you enjoy, because you are more likely to get best grades in them. Law doesnt gave any must have subjects , although doing one A level thats essay based can be handy, so something like Histpry or English lit. Traditional subjects are also fine sciences, Geography , English, Languages. You would be allowed one enwer soft subject, but really its grades that matter.
Reply 50
Thanks any politics advice

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest