The Student Room Group

How to approach a girl in college?

I have a crush on this girl, that is not in any of my lessons and she is not friends with any of my friends, so she does not know me at all, so i was thinking of just going up to her and saying, something like i need to talk to you, but i think that maybe creepy and because its college and if she spreads rumors then my respect and
reputation is all gone lol

Scroll to see replies

way to sound like a creep, gee what do you want to do next - tell her to meet up in a park.

Do you not have any exams or anything in a month?
I did something like this a few weeks ago. Id seen this girl around and one day i decided to go and speak to her. I just said "Hey, i just wanted to say that ive seen you around college and you seem like a really nice and friendly girl. I was wondering if we could maybe get to know each other better?" She went aww thanks and yeah sure! She also blushed!

Maybe say something along those lines? She seemed ok then but the week after she wouldnt speak to me.

Its a long shot that youll get with her but its always worth a shot! Make sure you dont chicken out because youll be kicking yourself until you do it!!
Good Luck!
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I have a crush on this girl, that is not in any of my lessons and she is not friends with any of my friends, so she does not know me at all, so i was thinking of just going up to her and saying, something like i need to talk to you, but i think that maybe creepy and because its college and if she spreads rumors then my respect and
reputation is all gone lol

Not a good idea
Reply 4
Original post by L'Evil Wolf
way to sound like a creep, gee what do you want to do next - tell her to meet up in a park.

Do you not have any exams or anything in a month?

Lool i do but am ahead of my revision so am not really worried.
Lool i do but am ahead of my revision so am not really worried.

good to know you got your priorities straight dawg.

Just be confident tbh.

Helps if you are good-looking and rich too - if you are either make sure you flaunt it :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by FireFreezer77
I did something like this a few weeks ago. Id seen this girl around and one day i decided to go and speak to her. I just said "Hey, i just wanted to say that ive seen you around college and you seem like a really nice and friendly girl. I was wondering if we could maybe get to know each other better?" She went aww thanks and yeah sure! She also blushed!

Maybe say something along those lines? She seemed ok then but the week after she wouldnt speak to me.

Its a long shot that youll get with her but its always worth a shot! Make sure you dont chicken out because youll be kicking yourself until you do it!!
Good Luck!

did you not ask for her number or anything? and yeah that sounds good lol i will try it the next time i get a chance.
Reply 7
Original post by M14B
Not a good idea

what should i stay instead, like i just need a good starting few lines from there i can start a general convo.
did you not ask for her number or anything? and yeah that sounds good lol i will try it the next time i get a chance.

It was way too soon for that! It was the first time we spoken!!! I did ask if we could chat on facebook, she said yes but i couldnt add her so we didnt.
It worked ok but dont get your hopes up!
Good Luck
Reply 9
what should i stay instead, like i just need a good starting few lines from there i can start a general convo.

I am useless at chatting up.
Some of the "experts" might be more useful to give you some possible lines
good to know you got your priorities straight dawg.

Just be confident tbh.

Helps if you are good-looking and rich too - if you are either make sure you flaunt it :biggrin:

yeah am not ugly lol, tbh its just that i don't even know, if she will be here next year or not like she could change colleges next year and iwill never see her again lol ( i don't really care but i will have a little bit of regret)
once you wap our your weiner she'll be impressed and she'll love you forever
Approach from downwind and stay in the foliage as long as possible.
Original post by FireFreezer77
It was way too soon for that! It was the first time we spoken!!! I did ask if we could chat on facebook, she said yes but i couldnt add her so we didnt.
It worked ok but dont get your hopes up!
Good Luck

I see, if i do have a good convo then am 100% going to ask for her number lol ,if she says no then i will ask for snapchat or something, and i won't :P
Chat up lines. You can't go wrong with them.
yeah am not ugly lol, tbh its just that i don't even know, if she will be here next year or not like she could change colleges next year and iwill never see her again lol ( i don't really care but i will have a little bit of regret)

go for it, nothing to lose I guess :smile:

Perhaps ask on one of the last days?

Original post by morgan8002
Approach from downwind and stay in the foliage as long as possible.

sounded like the start of an m1 question...
I see, if i do have a good convo then am 100% going to ask for her number lol ,if she says no then i will ask for snapchat or something, and i won't :P

We had a good convo but i didnt want to come across as too eager. Ive been rejected a few times before and its not a nice feeling.
You could ask for her snapchat anyway tbh. She doesnt know you and you might not even like her!

Yeah its best you dont because anything can happen.
Also dont read too much into the first convo. I did that and it hurt more then when she wouldnt speak to me
Don't say that you 'need' to talk to her, very bad phrasing.

You could do something similar, but think more along the lines of: "Hey, I've seen you around and think you're really [beautiful, attractive, aesthetically pleasing, any other complement] so I wanted to meet you. *extend hand* I'm anonymous #1 "
sounded like the start of an m1 question...

That wasn't what I was going for.

Are you the fish?
Original post by morgan8002
That wasn't what I was going for.

Are you the fish?

XD

Nope I am the wolf :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending