The Student Room Group

Please help. I just attacked my mother.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I felt absolutely sick and disgusted when reading the replies.
We live in a society where your own mother is valued less than a dog.
The one who brought you up to cleaning your own **** in comparison to a dog who's **** you clean
'Treat the dog first' they say.
God I pray my children don't grow up like this.
If it was the other way around people would be screaming child abuse. I'm so disgusted with today's generation.

Well done for being the only decent person in this thread. Your mum is lucky to have you x

Yeah, leave the dog to bleed in a corner whilst you have a chat with your mum.

No, health comes first. That does not mean that mothers are regarded as inferior to dogs.
Original post by Legendary Quest

No, health comes first. That does not mean that mothers are regarded as inferior to dogs.

PRSOM. So true.

Let's say I was in a car crash and some guy's bleeding on the ground while my mum's clearly alright with some bruising. I'm obviously going to check the other guy first. That doesn't mean I care about the guy more than my mum.
Original post by Student403
PRSOM. So true.

Let's say I was in a car crash and some guy's bleeding on the ground while my mum's clearly alright with some bruising. I'm obviously going to check the other guy first. That doesn't mean I care about the guy more than my mum.

Precisely. You help the one that is clearly in a worse state first and, in OP's case, that's the dog. It's called prioritising. Let's not mistake that with us saying the mum does not matter. She does... But so does the dog. :wink:
Reply 83
Personally I would report what your brother has done. He's clearly unstable and dangerous. The dog also needs to see the vet. While you shouldn't use violence against your mother, it was wrong of your parents to ignore your brother's history and then proceed to ignore the consequences of it. It's ridiculous that they are so caught up protecting your dangerous brother that they don't take your heavily injured dog to the vet. They are insanely irresponsible. Damn this thread made me feel angry -.-
(edited 7 years ago)
Precisely. You help the one that is clearly in a worse state first and, in OP's case, that's the dog. It's called prioritising. Let's not mistake that with us saying the mum does not matter. She does... But so does the dog. :wink:

:five:
I cant believe what im reading on this thread. Some of you sad acts really need to sort your priorities out.

How can someone say to take the dog to the vets before speaking to your own mother, is that really how low some of you have been brought up that you care more about a dog than someone who brought you into this world?

Also someone saying to report the brother. The guy has a ****ing disability you complete bellend, how on earth can you report your own brother for the sake of a animal.

@mariam687 Please dont feel bad about what you said, infact i could not agree more. Your mum is lucky to have you :smile:
Reply 86

PRSOM

Really hope the dog will be fine. The parents need to get their senses back, they are being completely unreasonable now ignoring the dog's injuries.
Original post by TSRFT8
I cant believe what im reading on this thread. Some of you sad acts really need to sort your priorities out.

How can someone say to take the dog to the vets before speaking to your own mother, is that really how low some of you have been brought up that you care more about a dog than someone who brought you into this world?

Also someone saying to report the brother. The guy has a ****ing disability you complete bellend, how on earth can you report your own brother for the sake of a animal.

@mariam687 Please dont feel bad about what you said, infact i could not agree more. Your mum is lucky to have you :smile:

thank you so much for agreeing with me :smile:
Original post by TSRFT8

Because the dog might die and the mother obviously won't?
Original post by Student403
Not helpful. OP realises he/she shouldn't have done it and is in instant regret.

It's not your business to judge. Either advise or leave.

Everyone makes mistakes.

Damn... you got a lot of rep for that post
Reply 90
Original post by TSRFT8

The mother's life is not under immediate threat. Yes, she's probably emotionally hurt but that can wait. The dog on the other hand could die in the time that you're having a chat with your mum.

As for the brother. So what that he's disabled? That doesn't mean he should get away with everything. It means he needs special care. He has a violent history and the parents have shown to fail at controlling his behaviour by letting him heavily injure a living thing. He would be better off looked after by professionals because otherwise he might end up hurting a person next. Is the disability going to still be a valid excuse when he breaks op's legs?
Original post by TSRFT8

Why couldn't the mother have taken the dog to the vets in the first place? Could have avoided the issue altogether! The mother also decided to leave a bleeding, severely injured dog, violent brother and OP alone. So he COULDNT have talked to her anyway. Taking the dog to the vets is the only reasonable action at this point.
In my opinion mother's arent entitled to ****. Just because they gave birth to you doesn't mean you have to treat them in any particular way- respect always must be earned. OP feels bad because they're close with their mother but at the end of the day the health of the dog has to take priority over a petty argument in which I think the mother is wrong to be so ambivalent. If I saw my dog in pain and my parents not caring about it I would absolutely be livid and traumatised. Give OP a break.
Original post by picklescamp
In my opinion mother's arent entitled to ****. Just because they gave birth to you doesn't mean you have to treat them in any particular way- respect always must be earned. OP feels bad because they're close with their mother but at the end of the day the health of the dog has to take priority over a petty argument in which I think the mother is wrong to be so ambivalent. If I saw my dog in pain and my parents not caring about it I would absolutely be livid and traumatised. Give OP a break.

You must have mummy issues
Original post by donutellme
You must have mummy issues

I adore my mother, she's my best friend and I can talk to her about anything. That's because she's an incredible person. Pushing me out of her vagina doesn't make her entitled to any special treatment, I know that's controversial but honestly that's what she's always taught me
Original post by picklescamp
I adore my mother, she's my best friend and I can talk to her about anything. That's because she's an incredible person. Pushing me out of her vagina doesn't make her entitled to any special treatment, I know that's controversial but honestly that's what she's always taught me

You think a mother just pushes you out and you grow up all by yourself?

You need help.
Reply 96
i hope your brother gets hit by a car
Why did you kick your mum not your brother? Pussy cat.
Original post by TSRFT8
its a ****ing dog????????????

Are you serious?

Omg..
Original post by TSRFT8
You think a mother just pushes you out and you grow up all by yourself?

You need help.

No... how she treats you from that moment on determines your relationship dynamic.

Quick Reply

Latest