Scroll to see replies

What grade is my courseworks at?
I got:
37/40
45/50
36/40
Reply 41
Original post by Perfection Ace
Thanks a lot bro! I think I got around 38 or 39 out of 50. And, uhmmm, the paper had a Q1 about Winter Wonderland (or something like that) and the Q3 I think was like going skiing or something! Sorry that I couldn't give you a proper exam name.
Also, can you please tell me what's the total marks are in Q1/Q2/Q3. Thanks!!

38/39 for an A* is not that bad tbh. The marks for each question are: Q1- 20 marks, Q2-10 marks and Q3 is 20 marks.
Hey I didn't do well on my coursework. I got 39/50 which is my previous english teachers fault! Could someone tell me what grade that is? Also my speaking and listening is on Monday and am aiming for at least 28/30.
Im not too scared about the exam as I have improved in 2 months (I went from a D to an A*). The trick is to not over complicate things. The answers are basically given to you!
I feel like I can't get an A* overall because of my coursework :frown: so can someone tell me what grade that is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by shohaib712
What grade is my courseworks at?
I got:
37/40
45/50
36/40

Sorry but I do not have access to the grade boundaries. But as a quess I think that all of your pieces are on A grades at least.
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Hey I didn't do well on my coursework. I got 39/50 which is my previous english teachers fault! Could someone tell me what grade that is? Also my speaking and listening is on Monday and am aiming for at least 28/30.
Im not too scared about the exam as I have improved in 2 months (I went from a D to an A*). The trick is to not over complicate things. The answers are basically given to you!
I feel like I can't get an A* overall because of my coursework :frown: so can someone tell me what grade that is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 34/40 36/40 on the other ones! Yh its not good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45

Sorry but I do not have Coursework grade boundaries so can not give an accurate answer. I would probably guess a B though maybe? Try to ask your teacher though as they should have access to grade boundaries.
Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="ibte10;64204787"]

Sorry but I do not have Coursework grade boundaries so can not give an accurate answer. I would probably guess a B though maybe? Try to ask your teacher though as they should have access to grade boundaries.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Different teachers are saying different things! Its so annoying cos none of the teachers know anything in my school. Can I still get an A* overall with a B?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
[QUOTE="DamnDaniel2;64204823"]
Original post by ibte10

Different teachers are saying different things! Its so annoying cos none of the teachers know anything in my school. Can I still get an A* overall with a B?

I think your Speaking and listening will be crucial. If you can get an A* then you probably stand a chance. You would probably need to get 40+ marks though. I am not 100% sure if you can get an A* with a B coursework so I suggest you ask somebody else because I do not have access to grade boundaries so can not give a accurate judgement.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Maybe @caitlinford3 has some knowledge of the coursework grade boundaries.
Original post by ibte10
Maybe @caitlinford3 has some knowledge of the coursework grade boundaries.

Thanks for the tag :smile:

[QUOTE="ibte10;64204787"]

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey,

The coursework mark depends on which components your teacher has put you in for (I understand you're in the speaking and listening & writing components but there's different ones within this) the top grade can be anywhere between 31-44/50 for the writing (from my knowledge the component where 44/50 is the top grade is the most popular - my school is also on this one, so you're not far off and combining s&l and exam marks - you will definitely get a good mark! - 39 will definitely be an A) and for speaking and listening it's 25/30 for top grade - so again with your hopes of getting 28/30 you will get a good mark! Just focus on smashing your exam, don't worry about your writing coursework, it's over and done with and you HAVE done well in it! Good luck, hope this helped a little :h:
[QUOTE="caitlinford3;64205377"]Thanks for the tag :smile:

Original post by ibte10

Hey,

The coursework mark depends on which components your teacher has put you in for (I understand you're in the speaking and listening & writing components but there's different ones within this) the top grade can be anywhere between 31-44/50 for the writing (from my knowledge the component where 44/50 is the top grade is the most popular - my school is also on this one, so you're not far off and combining s&l and exam marks - you will definitely get a good mark! - 39 will definitely be an A) and for speaking and listening it's 25/30 for top grade - so again with your hopes of getting 28/30 you will get a good mark! Just focus on smashing your exam, don't worry about your writing coursework, it's over and done with and you HAVE done well in it! Good luck, hope this helped a little :h:

Oh my gosh thank you so much! U've literally taken off all the stress off me haha! Im not sure which component it is cos we've never been told! But considering that 44/50 is the highest and im 5 marks away hopefully thats an A :smile: going to try and get full marks in the exam!
Thank you so much once again :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="DamnDaniel2;64205779"]
Original post by caitlinford3
Thanks for the tag :smile:

Oh my gosh thank you so much! U've literally taken off all the stress off me haha! Im not sure which component it is cos we've never been told! But considering that 44/50 is the highest and im 5 marks away hopefully thats an A :smile: going to try and get full marks in the exam!
Thank you so much once again :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem! Glad I could help :smile:
@DamnDaniel2 it's not letting me quote you for some reason above but haha ^^ glad I could help :smile:
Original post by ibte10
Sorry but I do not have access to the grade boundaries. But as a quess I think that all of your pieces are on A grades at least.

would it still be possible to get an A* if i got a low A on my courseworks?
(I can't really make improvements to my coursework because my teacher said its above my target grade (which is a B) so i can't.
Reply 54
I don't know what i got in my individual coursework marks but overall I got 48/50 and on my speaking I got 26/30 :smile: does anyone know what I need to get In the exam to get a C overall. In my latest mock I got 28/50 which not too good.
@DamnDaniel2 it's not letting me quote you for some reason above but haha ^^ glad I could help :smile:

Haha thats ok :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OmarAl
I don't know what i got in my individual coursework marks but overall I got 48/50 and on my speaking I got 26/30 :smile: does anyone know what I need to get In the exam to get a C overall. In my latest mock I got 28/50 which not too good.

Wow amazing marks :smile: why don't u try to achieve higher than a C? Ur more than capable :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also do you know what the grade boundaries for an A* overall is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also do you know what the grade boundaries for an A* overall is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not from the top of my head, no, but check out the CIE grade boundaries from last year for a good idea :smile:
Hey guys do u know friends who got an a star in eng lang? How good was their writing? Is it hard to get an a star?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending