The Student Room Group

Please help. I just attacked my mother.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by meshkez
i hope your brother gets hit by a car

Original post by Little Popcorns
Why did you kick your mum not your brother? Pussy cat.

no
Original post by picklescamp
I adore my mother, she's my best friend and I can talk to her about anything. That's because she's an incredible person. Pushing me out of her vagina doesn't make her entitled to any special treatment, I know that's controversial but honestly that's what she's always taught me

Yeah I mean its not like it required any effort her pushing you out, its not like it's one of the most painful processes
Its not like she went through 9 months of intense labour
Its not like she raised you with food or shelter
Could kids get anymore ungrateful..
Just because it isn't human doesn't mean its life ain't worth anything
Reply 103
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I mean its not like it required any effort her pushing you out, its not like it's one of the most painful processes

She ignored animal abuse ffs. Violence isn't the answer but I'm not surprised the OP lost his temper. Should've kicked his father instead though, if he had to kick someone...
Reply 104
Original post by Legendary Quest
no

Yes, I don't care what is wrong with his brother, who ever abuses animals should rot in hell. And OP, you're a POS for hitting your mom instead of ****ing dropping your brother
In my opinion mother's arent entitled to ****. Just because they gave birth to you doesn't mean you have to treat them in any particular way- respect always must be earned. OP feels bad because they're close with their mother but at the end of the day the health of the dog has to take priority over a petty argument in which I think the mother is wrong to be so ambivalent. If I saw my dog in pain and my parents not caring about it I would absolutely be livid and traumatised. Give OP a break.

THIIIIIS!!! God I hate the whole "it's your family" "it's your mother" crap. All of that means ****.

Original post by Poooky
Why couldn't the mother have taken the dog to the vets in the first place? Could have avoided the issue altogether! The mother also decided to leave a bleeding, severely injured dog, violent brother and OP alone. So he COULDNT have talked to her anyway. Taking the dog to the vets is the only reasonable action at this point.

PRSOM to both >.>

Original post by TSRFT8
its a ****ing dog????????????

Hurting animals, especially causing serious injury, bleeding and putting an animal in a life threatening state is called animal abuse. Leaving a heavily injured, bleeding animal without medical attention is also animal abuse. Animal abuse is illegal and punishable. Anyone who thinks the way you do should never have animals because you sound like you are ok leaving a living creature to suffer in pain and bleed out. If they are not going to look after the dog properly then they shouldn't have one.
I adore my mother, she's my best friend and I can talk to her about anything. That's because she's an incredible person. Pushing me out of her vagina doesn't make her entitled to any special treatment, I know that's controversial but honestly that's what she's always taught me

It does a bit to be fair.

Regardless, mother's do far more than just give birth. Those who simply give birth, then give them up for adoption do t deserve any respect from their child. But the mothers who raise kids well and everything do, and OPs' seems that type.

I didn't sign up for that lol she did. She chose to get pregnant and give birth to me. She's legally obliged to give me food and shelter. Those are prerequisites, it's how she exceeds that that matters.
Original post by Nadile
Hurting animals, especially causing serious injury, bleeding and putting an animal in a life threatening state is called animal abuse. Leaving a heavily injured, bleeding animal without medical attention is also animal abuse. Animal abuse is illegal and punishable. Anyone who thinks the way you do should never have animals because you sound like you are ok leaving a living creature to suffer in pain and bleed out. If they are not going to look after the dog properly then they shouldn't have one.

You seem too think you know alot about the Law, kicking your mother doesnt come under the "assault" or "battery" offence category no? Or are humans not included in your legal system?
Original post by Ciel.
She ignored animal abuse ffs. Violence isn't the answer but I'm not surprised the OP lost his temper. Should've kicked his father instead though, if he had to kick someone...

Shut up about the animal for gods sake pls
He had no right to lash out, he got abusive and that's never the answer
He should be damn grateful his mum didn't call the police
Original post by Ciel.

So one wrong decision takes away 18 years of rearing?

You kids man
I didn't sign up for that lol she did. She chose to get pregnant and give birth to me. She's legally obliged to give me food and shelter. Those are prerequisites, it's how she exceeds that that matters.

How foolish haha

God you're so ungrateful. Would you be happier if she aborted you then?
She doesn't HAVE to do anything. She could've given you up
Original post by TSRFT8
You seem too think you know alot about the Law, kicking your mother doesnt come under the "assault" or "battery" offence category no? Or are humans not included in your legal system?

Oh I never said that was okay. Point still stands that the dog requires medical attention, and is in a much worse condition than the mother who is probably just sad.
Original post by Riyad Mahrez
You should have kicked your brother, I don't care if hes unwell, people who abuse dogs need to be eradicated from the face of the Earth.

No he shouldn't have kicked his brother, his brother needs help.
Hi I'm sort of in shock at the moment. Sorry it's a long story but if you have any advice or comments I appreciate it.

My parents let my extremely aggressive schizophrenic brother take my elderly dog out. He has attacked her (and us) before and I've told my parents not to let him take her because his history. They let him take her anyway and when he returned hours later she was covered in some kind of gross sticky liquid and was dragging both her legs behind her one of which was covered in blood. My brother admitted she got in his way so he kicked her but he has obviously done much worse. She also refuses to eat anything, which is completely unlike her. When she came back in such a horrific state I asked my parents to do something like challenge him as to what exactly he did and to take her to the vet. They didn't care whatsoever and were more concerned with defendeding my brother because he's "mentally unwell". So I just snapped and kicked my mother twice as hard as I could asking her how she likes it. She looked at me in horror then started crying and I noticed two massive bruises come up within seconds.

I instantly regretted doing it and feel really guilty for causing my mum pain as I've never had an argument with her in all my 18 years. She's my best friend and I can't believe I did this. The other day I was violently ill and she took care of me all day and night even taking the day off of work.

My parents just left the house with my mum crying as she left. I feel so upset and guilty? How to I make this up to her? I know she feels incredibly betrayed by my violence.

PS I have phoned the emergency vets who advised me to monitor the dog until my parents come back and then try and bring her in later if she is still lame and/or not eating

When I saw the title I thought I would judge you for what you did, but as I read it I understand it better. If I can understand it (a stranger) then your mum should be able to understand it too! Apologise, explain why you got so upset. It really is a understandable situation even though it got out of hand.

This isn't always true
Original post by donutellme
It does a bit to be fair.

Regardless, mother's do far more than just give birth. Those who simply give birth, then give them up for adoption do t deserve any respect from their child. But the mothers who raise kids well and everything do, and OPs' seems that type.

I'm not disagreeing that OP's mum seems good and doesn't deserve to be kicked but OP is justified in feeling upset, just because someone's your mother doesn't mean you have to accept their actions without thinking they've acted badly. That's a crucial part of any parent-child relationship, because no parent is perfect.
This isn't always true

In which case they can go **** them selves (if they neglect you that is, not if they try their best to provide but circumstances don't fully allow them to)
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
When I saw the title I thought I would judge you for what you did, but as I read it I understand it better. If I can understand it (a stranger) then your mum should be able to understand it too! Apologise, explain why you got so upset. It really is a understandable situation even though it got out of hand.

I love this post!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending