The Student Room Group

What were Morrison's thinking ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sfaraj
ah i see what you mean... but personally i think halal meat is healthier and morally better than non-halal (even though i'm vegetarian)

You would be wrong in thinking so. While the majority of halal meat is from animals which are pre stunned, some are not. Numerous studies have shown that thia causes intense concious pain before death.

Beyond this, halal refers to the method of slaughter, not how it was raised. So there is no difference in health.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by RobML
Why?

because of the way it is killed, the blood is removed from the blood to ensure there is not blood left. however with non-halal meat, the blood is left so diseases etc and still present in the blood.
Original post by myblueheaven339
I think they're opposed because they see it as a less humane method of slaughter which would be illegal if not done under a religious pretence!

Posted from TSR Mobile

who? wait sorry in so confused, who opposes? and why?
Original post by Farm_Ecology
You would be wrong in thinking so. While the majority of halal meat is from animals which are pre stunned, some are not. Numerous studies have shown that thia causes intense concious pain before death.

Beyond this, halal refers to the method of slaughter, not how it was raised. So there is no difference in health.

but i watched a documentary and there were animals being killed in non-halal ways, they were being whipped, pushed, had boiling water over them so if having boiling water poured over you is not intense pain then really idk what is,..

regarding how an animal is raised, that is an argument for both sides
Original post by sfaraj
who? wait sorry in so confused, who opposes? and why?

Clearly enough people do for the RSCPA to be campaigning for clearer labelling to allow consumer choice.

http://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/farm/slaughter/religiousslaughter

I think the issue is not with halal as a whole, but the minority that don't stun animals before slaughter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
So, mistakes happen, that is life in our modern mass produced food world.

But also I do not like people who try to whip up intolerance of mistakes in to a massive anti Islam rant.
Original post by sfaraj
because of the way it is killed, the blood is removed from the blood to ensure there is not blood left. however with non-halal meat, the blood is left so diseases etc and still present in the blood.

No it's not.
Reply 67
Original post by myblueheaven339
Clearly enough people do for the RSCPA to be campaigning for clearer labelling to allow consumer choice.

http://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/farm/slaughter/religiousslaughter

I think the issue is not with halal as a whole, but the minority that don't stun animals before slaughter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be honest if you're serious about animal welfare the best bet is to become a vegetarian. Farm animal slaughter is a production line business and far from humane in whatever guise it's painted.
Original post by Alba2013
No it's not.

cool story bro
Original post by Zarek
To be honest if you're serious about animal welfare the best bet is to become a vegetarian. Farm animal slaughter is a production line business and far from humane in whatever guise it's painted.

I'm simply trying to explain why some people may have difficulty with halal meat. I'd rather not get into the whole vegetarian debate as I feel it will derail the thread!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I imagine there will be compensation or a lawsuit on the horizon.
Original post by zXcodeXz
Morrison's isn't one whole there are individual people who work for them how do we know what their intentions are?

So now its some scheming baker who works in both the cheese and onion and sausage roll sections? You said youd sue them. You kind of need evidence.
Original post by thunder_chunky

Why? Whats his loss? he already got enough money to replace his rolls.
Original post by 999tigger
So now its some scheming baker who works in both the cheese and onion and sausage roll sections? You said youd sue them. You kind of need evidence.

Yes if I had pork when it said cheese and onion
Original post by thunder_chunky

Yep no doubt
Why? Whats his loss? he already got enough money to replace his rolls.

Because some blood sucking lawyer will probably use the opportunity.
Yes if I had pork when it said cheese and onion

And what would your loss be?
And what would your loss be?

Eating pork if your a Muslim?
Original post by sfaraj

Halal was the cleanest and safest way to prepare meat in the medieval desert. It was written into the religion so butchers or whoever wouldn't cut corners for times sake - breaking god's rules is more of a nono than possibly compromising the health of your customers, apparently.

But in the modern age, halal is not the cleanest method, and should be banned before of what it entails. If muslims don't wanna eat normal eat, they should have tofu or quorn.
Eating pork if your a Muslim?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending