The Student Room Group

What were Morrison's thinking ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MildredMalone

Your not a Muslim therefore, you won't understand.
Original post by zXcodeXz
Eating pork if your a Muslim?

Thats not a loss. Plus you are going to have to prove it was more thna an accident.
Original post by samina_ay
How did this make headline news???

It's the Mirror...you can tell by the title what game they're playing...
Original post by sfaraj
but non-muslims dont eat halal meat so if wouldn't really affect thm in the slightest

If a person unwittingly buys meat that has been killed in an inhumane way... assuming they are disgusted by the slaughter method they absoloutely do not want to be buying that product and supporting that product...?
Original post by 999tigger
Thats not a loss. Plus you are going to have to prove it was more thna an accident.

If your a Muslim then you would understand what I mean, and yes I agree with the second part
If your a Muslim then you would understand what I mean, and yes I agree with the second part

The question isnt whether you are annoyed, but whether you have any case against them. Should everyone else be suing becayse they get halal meat when nobody tells them and theyd rather not have it? All a bit precious tbh.
Reply 86
Idc I love morrisons, always buy liver/heart/kidney/wings etc for the dogs LOVE IT
Your not a Muslim therefore, you won't understand.

I'm a muslim and you're just spitting out nonsense tbh. You can't just sue just because of a mild inconvenience.

And muslims aren't the only consumers base for cheese and onion roles. What if you take them to court and suddenly you realise the baker had an agenda for vegetarians? :redface:
Original post by sfaraj
but i watched a documentary and there were animals being killed in non-halal ways, they were being whipped, pushed, had boiling water over them so if having boiling water poured over you is not intense pain then really idk what is,..

1) Do you know the name of this documentary?
2) Are you sure this doesnt happen in halal butchers?

Original post by sfaraj
regarding how an animal is raised, that is an argument for both sides

The point is that halal meat can be good quality and bad quality, just like non-halal meat. So saying halal meat is better quality is simply wrong.
Original post by myblueheaven339
I think they're opposed because they see it as a less humane method of slaughter which would be illegal if not done under a religious pretence!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im certain she is being deliberately obtuse but thanks for pointing it out to her :smile:
Muslims certainly love overreacting.
Original post by Mentally
Its not the end of the world I don't like how he's exaggerating it.
Also it wont count as a sin since he didn't know

Yeah but to be honest you would feel the same way if you bit into a pasty and it was full of ****- obviously it wasn't **** but Muslims could see Pork as being just as disgusting as ****. Don't know if that makes sense because it's late and I'm tired but I had to try and make a point lmao
Breaking news someone put wrong label on bag of pastries
Most be like winning the lottery, how much is he going to get in compensation ?
Original post by 999tigger
The question isnt whether you are annoyed, but whether you have any case against them. Should everyone else be suing becayse they get halal meat when nobody tells them and theyd rather not have it? All a bit precious tbh.

Non-Muslims eat any type of meat why would it bother them if they got halal meat? They wouldn't even care
Original post by alldayniqqa
I'm a muslim and you're just spitting out nonsense tbh. You can't just sue just because of a mild inconvenience.

And muslims aren't the only consumers base for cheese and onion roles. What if you take them to court and suddenly you realise the baker had an agenda for vegetarians? :redface:

Fair enough not everyone in this situation would do what you have just said, everyone would do different things for their own reasons.
Non-Muslims eat any type of meat why would it bother them if they got halal meat? They wouldn't even care

Ah, so mislabelling is only a problem when it happens to you, gotcha.
Original post by Alba2013
Ah, so mislabelling is only a problem when it happens to you, gotcha.

No but if I ate it then it would be I was joking at first if I didn't eat I would just tell them that's it
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Im certain she is being deliberately obtuse but thanks for pointing it out to her :smile:

Haha! Maybe people should wave a little sarcasm flag for me like Leonard does for Sheldon?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mentally
Its not the end of the world I don't like how he's exaggerating it.
Also it wont count as a sin since he didn't know

Honestly if your god is going to send you to burn for eternity in hell over accidentally biting into a tasty harmless meat it's time to re-evaluate your spiritual allegiance.
Luckily there's a passage that grants forgiveness for accidental or duressed consumption of forbidden food, so crisis averted.

It's definitely not something to encourage (mislabelling is a risk for people with allergies and actual health risks with consuming certain things), but in this case it's a very minor non-issue. Mr Razzaq is forgiven in the eyes of his merciful god, Morrissons didn't cause someone an allergic response.

I'm sure we can all agree they won;t be making that mistake again quickly.

It's a red-top rag article though so they're going to play it up to 11.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending