The Student Room Group

Are there any old fashion dudes out here...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xobeauty
No thanks I like the title

At least we got the sub heading out of you pretty quickly.
Original post by RobML
lol ur whipped m8

What is whipped? If it's what I'm thinking then ur a half eejit half bastard.
Go upstairs to your mother will ye.
Reply 82
Original post by DMcGovern
What is whipped? If it's what I'm thinking then ur a half eejit half bastard.
Go upstairs to your mother will ye.

I'm sleep deprived ignore me :tongue:
Original post by leavingthecity
At least we got the sub heading out of you pretty quickly.

I'm so happy to be a female and to be able to sponge off a sucker. Why spend mine when I can spend yours.

You mad?
Original post by RobML
I'm sleep deprived ignore me :tongue:

Fair enough so :tongue:
Reply 85
I like it when someone pays but im happy to split the bill or pay if I like you
I'm so happy to be a female and to be able to sponge off a sucker. Why spend mine when I can spend yours.

You mad?

What a vacuous creature you have the misfortune to be.

You're probably the type of girl that uses a guy to pay for stuff and then doesn't see the irony when he uses you for sex and fcuks off!

Ladies & Gentlemen, using someone else for your own goals is just about the worst foundation for a loving relationship that can possibly exist. Good luck! ;-)

As for me, I would always offer to pay - I think being generous is a very attractive trait in both men and women though I would never make a show if she wanted to go dutch.

SS
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Supersaps
You're probably the type of girl that uses a guy to pay for stuff and then doesn't see the irony when he uses you for sex and fcuks off!

:borat:
Original post by Supersaps
What a vacuous creature you have the misfortune to be.

Ladies & Gentlemen, using someone else for your own goals is just about the worst foundation for a loving relationship that can possibly exist. Good luck! ;-)

As for me, I would always offer to pay - I think being generous is a very attractive trait in both men and women though I would never make a stand about it if she wanted to go dutch.

SS

I was just egging her, him, it on.
I believe in old fashion ways to a certain extent when it comes to paying I think it's fine if the girl pays sometimes. That doesn't make me cringe.

But I think he should pay the first couple dates.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
:borat:

Not at all, girls have to be careful who the guy is. Are they doing it for something in return or are they doing it because they want to. A lot of guys doing it then throw it back in your face.
I'm as old fashioned as they come. An old soul in a fine young body or so I'm told.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not at all, girls have to be careful who the guy is. Are they doing it for something in return or are they doing it because they want to. A lot of guys doing it then throw it back in your face.

Oh I wasn't implying that was you :p: Just that yeah, some girls do both and can't seem to see they're exactly the same thing.

You mad?

Ok, with that comment your obviously not a straight up lazy sponger. But I do get the impression that you still expect to have dinner etc paid for. It's a nice gesture but I don't see why we can't just alternate paying. Men footing the bill today is just the remnant of when we didn't have our own money. I'd rather leave it behind.
I was just egging her, him, it on.
I believe in old fashion ways to a certain extent when it comes to paying I think it's fine if the girl pays sometimes. That doesn't make me cringe.

But I think he should pay the first couple dates.

Roger. I'll get back in my grumpy self-righteous box. brb ^^

And it's hard to tell. At least for me, maybe that's my problem. But it's why I don't like stuff bought for me because you can never tell if they are keeping one of those, you know what I mean, tabs in their heads.
I prefer to pay for things myself. I feel bad if someone else pays for me and I'll feel like I owe them.
It's good to know how to change a tire just incase you're by yourself but if a guy is there and doesn't take initiative, it's douchey.

No, you call your car insurance people
Gonna pop my head back above the parapet here. Personally, I think it's all about your motivation.

If a guy wants to pay for your meal or buy your drinks, just so he can fcuk you later, it's a gift with an agenda and therefore no gift at all.

On the same token, if a girl wants you to pay just so she can play you as a sucker, that's being a **** too.

On the other hand, if a guy pays for the meal to be generous without any expectation of return, I think that's great. Being a gentleman is good. And as I mentioned, I think generosity is a sexy trait.
And if she wants to accept that gift, even if she's got more money than him and can happily pay for her own meal, then that's cool too.

The actual action of who spends £50 on the meal is relatively unimportant...what matters is the reason he would or wouldn't. If he does it might be because he's generous...or he wants something from you. if he doesn't, it could be because he's a selfish git or because he cares about your independence in a modern world. Motivation is all.

Better go on a 2nd date with him to find out which is true. :smile:

SS
... who hate letting girls pay for anything?

Be honest.

i'd say yes if were are together then i will pick up the tab at a restaurant

Spoiler

Original post by jamesthehustler
i'd say yes if were are together then i will pick up the tab at a restaurant

Spoiler

Hold your horses. You would be who a Range Rover?

Clutches my pearls.

You'd buy your girl a vehicle, why?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply