The Student Room Group

Why do guys text loads and then go silent?

It drives me nuts not knowing if they've lost interest or what, and it alwaaays seems to happen. I get annoyed and want to delete their number but that might be a bit rash :/

Girls does this happen to you? :

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
It drives me nuts not knowing if they've lost interest or what, and it alwaaays seems to happen. I get annoyed and want to delete their number but that might be a bit rash :/

Spoiler

You should totally let the guys who will message you back into your life. They're normally a little less attractive, or not at all, relatively well educated and not up for sex or nudes. Sound good? Good. Because only dicks, pricks and douchebags fail to respond to messages.

I may take a while, but if you can hold up a conversation as well as I can, you will always get a reply.
Reply 2

Spoiler

It is a man ting.
Happens to me too. Idk y tho.
Reply 4
Original post by M14B
It is a man ting.

why do you guys do it?

Should just assume he's not interested if it's been a few days? Surely no-one is that busy that they can't shoot a text or even snapchat if theyre interested in someone?
Reply 5
This isn't exclusive to guys. I can say the same thing about all the girls who I've texted and the ******* haven't replied for 3 months unless they need something from me. Making up some BS excuse like "I forgot" or "my phone died" is pathetic and just makes the problem worse. So don't make out that it's just guys who do this when they're not interested, because girls will do it for no ******* reason, other than they're ignorant and have no common courtesy.

There is a saying, I don't know if you've heard it: You should never ever trust a person who is always on their phone but takes ages to reply to you. Maybe you should try catching some of these guys out like that - next time you see one of them glued to their phone, ask them why they took ages to respond to you. That does depend on how long their silence has lasted - if it's anything less than a week, give them a break. If it's longer than 2 weeks, they're playing stupid games with you.
Reply 6
Original post by samina_ay
Happens to me too. Idk y tho.

What happens? Do you just stop talking altogether eventually?
Reply 7
Original post by asif007
This isn't exclusive to guys. I can say the same thing about all the girls who I've texted and the ******* haven't replied for 3 months unless they need something from me. Making up some BS excuse like "I forgot" or "my phone died" is pathetic and just makes the problem worse. So don't make out that it's just guys who do this when they're not interested, because girls will do it for no ******* reason, other than they're ignorant and have no common courtesy.

There is a saying, I don't know if you've heard it: You should never ever trust a person who is always on their phone but takes ages to reply to you. Maybe you should try catching some of these guys out like that - next time you see one of them glued to their phone, ask them why they took ages to respond to you. That does depend on how long their silence has lasted - if it's anything less than a week, give them a break. If it's longer than 2 weeks, they're playing stupid games with you.

It's been a few days. Thing is I'm inexperienced so I have the tendency to over-react a bit but then I'm not sure if I should legit worry either :s-smilie:
What happens? Do you just stop talking altogether eventually?

I try to initiate conversation - if they're not interested - we usually end up not talking at all.
Original post by asif007

Anyone who takes longer than 12 hours is either ignoring you, lazy, confused, forgot or thinks the conversation is over. Everyone is glued to their phones these days, and the funny thing is 'i'm busy' - yeah you're really too busy to drop a five minute conversation now and then, your day is just that full.
Maybe they just need to take a **** and are really constipated :dontknow:
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Anyone who takes longer than 12 hours is either ignoring you, lazy, confused, forgot or thinks the conversation is over. Everyone is glued to their phones these days, and the funny thing is 'i'm busy' - yeah you're really too busy to drop a five minute conversation now and then, your day is just that full.

I agree. Should I just take it that he's not interested and move on? Especially since it's been a few days and contact had slowly dwindled to nowt

Spoiler

I usually fall asleep.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree. Should I just take it that he's not interested and move on? Especially since it's been a few days and contact had slowly dwindled to nowt

He might be interested, send him one last text if he doesn't respond he definitely isn't.
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
He might be interested, send him one last text if he doesn't respond he definitely isn't.

Last time we texted he told me he'd speak soon coz he was going to finish off his essay. We've snapped a bit since then but I sent the last snap, I dont want to keep annoying him especially if I feel like he isn't interested

And surely if he was interested he'd message or snap too?
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
I usually fall asleep.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For a few days??
For a few days??

Sometimes lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

It comes down to how the individual chooses to text others. I myself reply fairly quickly to most of my texts but it depends on the person some people will get faster replies from me than others. I call this priority the higher up on the list you are the more likely you receive a text back. I tend to ignore certain people completely usually the annoying ones and the girls that I am not really interested in I generally text back slower than those I am more interested in.
I think I might know who this is dose your name begin with D LOL
I think I might know who this is dose your name begin with D LOL

Dose?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending