The Student Room Group

Torn between 2 courses

I'm torn between 2 uni courses and i don't know what to do. I don't want to pick a course then later regretting it. So I wrote down the pros and cons for each:

Early Childhood Studies vs Primary Education with QTS
Uni near home (literally 15 mins drive away) vs uni in London
Living at home vs living in London
Home comforts vs opportunity to move, explore & meet different people.
Saving money vs spending loads
Career in early years vs career in primary teaching
Progress onto management roles vs progress to various roles
Okay-ish salary vs slightly higher salary

That's just some of them. Anyway writing the list of pros and cons is making me even more confused. Can someone give me some info/advice please
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
I'm torn between 2 uni courses and i don't know what to do. I don't want to pick a course then later regretting it. So I wrote down the pros and cons for each:

Early Childhood Studies vs Primary Education with QTS
Uni near home (literally 15 mins drive away) vs uni in London
Living at home vs living in London
Home comforts vs opportunity to move, explore & meet different people.
Saving money vs spending loads
Career in early years vs career in primary teaching
Progress onto management roles vs progress to various roles
Okay-ish salary vs slightly higher salary

That's just some of them. Anyway writing the list of pros and cons is making me even more confused. Can someone give me some info/advice please

Are you eligible for enough finance to live in London ? How badly do you want to move out?
Original post by claireestelle
Are you eligible for enough finance to live in London ? How badly do you want to move out?

Yeah I think I am. I really would like to move and gain independence but at the same time I know I will miss home and I don't want to end up worrying about finding places to live etc.
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Yeah I think I am. I really would like to move and gain independence but at the same time I know I will miss home and I don't want to end up worrying about finding places to live etc.

It depends on you really but the homesickness goes away in time.

Quick Reply

Latest