The Student Room Group

AS Bio, Chem, Physics 2016

Anybody doing these courses, in the run up to the exams, its under 4 weeks roughly. how are you all finding it?
revision going as planned?

good revision website www.technocratnotes.com

and good revision apphttps://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.app&hl=en_GB

(nickg15b suggested these websites! :smile: )
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

hi do you have any tips or notes please let me know if you have!
Almost done with all my flashcards! Then let the memorizing and binging markschemes begin :h: Anyone on OCR A? Cant w8 2 b a guinea pig x
I'm doing as many papers for physics as possible there's no time for notes any more:bawling:
chemistry I havnt even done anything for:frown:
biology is just torture:bricks:
so yh its not exactly going as I planned:broken:
Bad. Past paper questions are annoying as hell! :angry:
Past papers for chemistry are taking ages and yeah biology content still not yet completely solid. Otherwise not too bad, but doing all 3 sciences comes with this extra burden
Original post by Abdullahmaqbool
hi do you have any tips or notes please let me know if you have!

www.technocratnotes.com

good notes on this site.
Reply 8
Original post by Ishea16
I'm doing as many papers for physics as possible there's no time for notes any more:bawling:
chemistry I havnt even done anything for:frown:
biology is just torture:bricks:
so yh its not exactly going as I planned:broken:

I know exactly what you mean, im going through a similar problem. I failed my physics mock and biology is borderline. I feel like I have to do so much in such a short amount of time. this year has gone a tad worse than I first expected it to be
Reply 9
Original post by champ_mc99
Bad. Past paper questions are annoying as hell! :angry:

Its harder than it looks, for me I think I've started acting on this too late. me and my bad management
Original post by ImagineCats
Almost done with all my flashcards! Then let the memorizing and binging markschemes begin :h: Anyone on OCR A? Cant w8 2 b a guinea pig x

Yes, for chemistry, what about you? :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by SolomonP
Past papers for chemistry are taking ages and yeah biology content still not yet completely solid. Otherwise not too bad, but doing all 3 sciences comes with this extra burden

Its a blessing for some and a curse for others. there I heaps to learn and it takes up 99.9% of your time, even though I have been doing my best, its just not working, I don't know what to do now, I don't want to drop any of them either.
Reply 12
Haven't begun past papers for any yet. Looking at starting in may.
Reply 13
Original post by Kozmo
Haven't begun past papers for any yet. Looking at starting in may.

Hows your revision going? any concerns??
Reply 14
Original post by runningcat
Hows your revision going? any concerns??

All going fairly well. Finished my detailed notes in Chemistry and Physics. Not even finished content in Biology in school yet (which is worrying) and my teacher isn't the greatest. So, looking at covering what we have left in Biology, which is biodiversity, before may.

I also need to condense all of my notes which should take roughly a day per subject.

That gives me 4 days to finish all of bio and condense all of my notes, not looking very likely!
Reply 15
Original post by Kozmo
All going fairly well. Finished my detailed notes in Chemistry and Physics. Not even finished content in Biology in school yet (which is worrying) and my teacher isn't the greatest. So, looking at covering what we have left in Biology, which is biodiversity, before may.

I also need to condense all of my notes which should take roughly a day per subject.

That gives me 4 days to finish all of bio and condense all of my notes, not looking very likely!

I have quite a few notes to condense as well, hopefully we get it done with time to spare! *fingers crossed* Good Luck!
Anybody doing these courses, in the run up to the exams, its under 4 weeks roughly. how are you all finding it?
revision going as planned?

Hi, I'm doing OCR A Physics but AQA Chemistry - I'm finding the content fine and I've pretty much finished revising all that, but what I'm having trouble with is the "practical" questions and general lack of information and past papers on the new spec. Don't know if you're the same?
Why are we doing this to ourselves :cry: :cry: :cry: gonna fail these new specs tbh
Its harder than it looks, for me I think I've started acting on this too late. me and my bad management

Same here. Annoying this is with GCSE I saw improvement but now it's just fluctuating but mainly all bad.
Reply 19
Original post by TheHobbit
Hi, I'm doing OCR A Physics but AQA Chemistry - I'm finding the content fine and I've pretty much finished revising all that, but what I'm having trouble with is the "practical" questions and general lack of information and past papers on the new spec. Don't know if you're the same?

Practicals: I tend to make notes on what we do in class and remember every detail of what was taught that lesson, and try to apply it to the question.

Quick Reply