Lol😂😂

No really, further maths is more easy than gcse maths
Original post by SalazarSlytherin
No really, further maths is more easy than gcse maths

No...it's not
Reply 442
Original post by zXcodeXz
I'm not sure I want to keep my options open

Well you're not giving me much to work with.

I would say there are plenty of options for you outside of maths but if you want to do it i would suggest you forget about asking ppl on TSR on how to do maths and try to work your way up to an A. Do any questions in topics you find hard, google them and do all the past papers available. Work your way to an A.

I'm going to be brutally honest, a C in GCSE maths isnt good enough for an A level student and Maths is often needed for a range of careers from STEM degrees to finance. There isnt a need for Maths in many degrees too, but you would often be at a disadvantage without it.
Original post by Username3097486
No...it's not

Do you take further maths a level?
Original post by hellomynameisr
lool thanks, the hard work paid off!

i got a*s in bengali, eng lit and history
As in maths (sad given i want to do it at uni :frown: lol), bio, chem, physics, computing (2 ums from a* lol) and eng lang

You can still do maths at uni. When I was at sixth form, quite a few people with A* at gcse struggled hugely in A Level maths and myself and others who only had As did exceptionally well at A Level maths. Obviously, how hard you worked at GCSE can make a difference to whether this is likely to happen.
Original post by ULT
Well you're not giving me much to work with.

I would say there are plenty of options for you outside of maths but if you want to do it i would suggest you forget about asking ppl on TSR on how to do maths and try to work your way up to an A. Do any questions in topics you find hard, google them and do all the past papers available. Work your way to an A.

I'm going to be brutally honest, a C in GCSE maths isnt good enough for an A level student and Maths is often needed for a range of careers from STEM degrees to finance. There isnt a need for Maths in many degrees too, but you would often be at a disadvantage without it.

Ok thank you
Hi, what did you guys get in GCSE's, I'm trying to motivate myself to get top grades.

1.5A*(RE half course and ICT full course), 6A, 1B

I did less GCSEs than most due to moving country and having to do new courses, so only doing year 11 in the UK
1a* 6a 1B 3C, which is awful 😂
Original post by ULT
There isnt a need for Maths in many degrees too, but you would often be at a disadvantage without it.

Have to disagree somewhat here, Maths is used in many degrees including:

Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Geography, Psychology, Finance, Economics plus other more specific degrees.
Depression and Anxiety
Original post by Gapyearstudent54
1.5A*(RE half course and ICT full course), 6A, 1B

I did less GCSEs than most due to moving country and having to do new courses, so only doing year 11 in the UK

Still good though
Someone I know got a B at GCSE then he got an A at a level

Hence why colleges still allow people to take A Level Maths even if they got a B although the requirement is an A - and you have to put it into context - was he 1 or 2 marks away from an A? That happens a lot. But a C isn't good enough hence why it isn't allowed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Boss987
1a* 6a 1B 3C, which is awful 😂

That's good! 😂
Original post by nomophobia
Hence why colleges still allow people to take A Level Maths even if they got a B although the requirement is an A - and you have to put it into context - was he 1 or 2 marks away from an A? That happens a lot. But a C isn't good enough hence why it isn't allowed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah true he was a low B
Reply 454
Original post by Anon07079191
Have to disagree somewhat here, Maths is used in many degrees including:

Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Geography, Psychology, Finance, Economics plus other more specific degrees.

Are you deliberately being stupid? read the whole post.

Many dont need maths too.
9A*s and 2As:smile:
Original post by SalazarSlytherin
Do you take further maths a level?

Oh i thought you meant gcse. but wouldnt the same apply to a level?
How did you even do that?

I don't even know for most of them. I wish it worked the same for A levels :frown::frown:

For maths there is a CD/DVD that I can't remember the name of, but it was literally someone going through every kind of question and talking the answers through step by step and that was the only reason I got an A in maths.

History A* was due to a good paper that year, because usually History is hard.

The rest I just tried hard haha
Original post by Username3097486
Oh i thought you meant gcse. but wouldnt the same apply to a level?

-.- No.

I took further Maths at GCSE and it was incredibly difficult.

Further Maths at A Level is VERY hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomophobia
-.- No.

I took further Maths at GCSE and it was incredibly difficult.

Further Maths at A Level is VERY hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know lol, thats what im trying to tell the guy who said
"No really, further maths is more easy than gcse maths"

...probably being sarcastic though

Quick Reply

Latest