The Student Room Group

Financial roles in different companies

Scroll to see replies

Why would someone be rude and insulting at the same time as asking for help?
Original post by studos
I see at linkedin a morgan stanley analyst from lbsu what's your point

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only LSBU grads I see in i-banks are in back office.

If you're talking about getting into the back office support functions (operations, tech, finance etc), all of the stuff we're saying about target schools, and how difficult the competition is won't be as pronounced. You'd still have a tough time but it'd be possible to get a job in your current position, granted you work your butt off and get a solid CV.

Front office positions, i.e. the real money, will be nigh on impossible to attain from where you are at the moment.

I'd suggest looking into finance graduate schemes at some FTSE100 or Fortune 500 companies with offices in the UK. I'm sure the Guardian has a list of 300 grad employers.
Original post by Princepieman
The only LSBU grads I see in i-banks are in back office.

If you're talking about getting into the back office support functions (operations, tech, finance etc), all of the stuff we're saying about target schools, and how difficult the competition is won't be as pronounced. You'd still have a tough time but it'd be possible to get a job in your current position, granted you work your butt off and get a solid CV.

Front office positions, i.e. the real money, will be nigh on impossible to attain from where you are at the moment.

I'd suggest looking into finance graduate schemes at some FTSE100 or Fortune 500 companies with offices in the UK. I'm sure the Guardian has a list of 300 grad employers.

There is one guy:

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/ahmed-adebayo-09346936

But I get your point.
Original post by Trapz99
There is one guy:

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/ahmed-adebayo-09346936

But I get your point.

Well screw me sideways..

He's smashed it.

Doubt OP has the gumption to replicate that though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Princepieman
Well screw me sideways..

He's smashed it.

Doubt OP has the gumption to replicate that though.

Yeah- president of the accounting and finance soc AND top of the class. Shows that anything can be achieved with hard work and perseverance. Not sure if OP has either of those.
Reply 45
Original post by studos
Please stick to the topic. My motivation is NOT your concern.
Neither anyone cares about your opinion if I will ever get into IBD or whatever.
Thanks.

I doubt you can get a front office job with your attitude and work ethic. You dont have anything to compensate for your lack of prestigious education at a reputable university and you're being unrealistic. Being brutally honest here.

As suggested, your best option is to do an MBA at a good uni after a bit of work but even then you need to do well in the GMAT and i doubt you will.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending