The Student Room Group

What should I do at college to that will benefit me to teach at primary school?

I am currently a year 11 pupil and will be sitting my GCSE next month, I applied to college and got in the one I wanted to go to however I picked a course that I don't want to do so much anymore as it won't benefit me long term. I decided over the last year that I would like to be a primary school teacher but I don't have any idea where to start.

Can anybody tell me what would be best to study at college that will help me when I begin a teaching course possibly in university.

(I am currently on track to getting around 9 GCSE A* - C)
Original post by kianjack22
I am currently a year 11 pupil and will be sitting my GCSE next month, I applied to college and got in the one I wanted to go to however I picked a course that I don't want to do so much anymore as it won't benefit me long term. I decided over the last year that I would like to be a primary school teacher but I don't have any idea where to start.

Can anybody tell me what would be best to study at college that will help me when I begin a teaching course possibly in university.

(I am currently on track to getting around 9 GCSE A* - C)

Any national curriculum subjects would help
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Any national curriculum subjects would help

Things such as Maths, English and Science?
Original post by kianjack22
Things such as Maths, English and Science?

Yes and languages and humanities too:smile: pick subjects out of those that you enjoy and feel you will get a good grade in.

Quick Reply

Latest