The Student Room Group

Student finance for nursing students

I've applied to do nursing next year at uni.I'm just applying for student finance. I've been asked where I'll be spending most of my time in terms 1, 2 and 3- do I put work placement for term 3 or university (as I don't know anything about my work placements yet)?
I've emailed my firm choice to ask this question but it's been two weeks and they still haven't replied- any other suggestions on how to contact them?
Original post by SarahHargreaves
I've applied to do nursing next year at uni.I'm just applying for student finance. I've been asked where I'll be spending most of my time in terms 1, 2 and 3- do I put work placement for term 3 or university (as I don't know anything about my work placements yet)?
I've emailed my firm choice to ask this question but it's been two weeks and they still haven't replied- any other suggestions on how to contact them?

Put university :smile:
I've just started my NHS bursary forms and reduced maintenance loan. Is that all the student finance I can apply for? I'm worried I'll miss something important and then be left with no money to survive :/
Original post by beckyyhenderson
I've just started my NHS bursary forms and reduced maintenance loan. Is that all the student finance I can apply for? I'm worried I'll miss something important and then be left with no money to survive :/

Yes I m afraid it is. Have you spoken to your parents about them supporting you?
Original post by claireestelle
Yes I m afraid it is. Have you spoken to your parents about them supporting you?

Oh well. I have and they're prepared to help me out but I just didn't like the idea of them being my sole supporters since by my working I'll only be left with about £20 a week for supplies etc. I have some savings put aside too so hopefully all will be ok. Thanks though
Oh well. I have and they're prepared to help me out but I just didn't like the idea of them being my sole supporters since by my working I'll only be left with about £20 a week for supplies etc. I have some savings put aside too so hopefully all will be ok. Thanks though

By supplies do you mean food or ?
Original post by claireestelle
By supplies do you mean food or ?

Anything other than rent really, so food, travel and anything I need for school in general. I realise it's probably doable but it'll be real tight
Anything other than rent really, so food, travel and anything I need for school in general. I realise it's probably doable but it'll be real tight

Depending on your bursary amount, your travel may get covered. Apart from stationary you shouldnt need to buy anything supplies wise. Also look into an overdraft as a back up.

im the same but ive rang student finance and they said thats all we are entitled to im really worried im only gonna have £70 a week to live on and thats not even talking about my rent!!!
Original post by erinmcguinness
im the same but ive rang student finance and they said thats all we are entitled to im really worried im only gonna have £70 a week to live on and thats not even talking about my rent!!!

It's such a stress having to worry about making sure we have enough money to get by!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending