The Student Room Group

Is this girl playing with me?

So a girl came up to me at work and asked for my number, that same week we spoke a lot then she just stopped replying. About a week later she messaged me again about this inside joke at work, we spoke for a few days over text then again she just stopped replying, both times I texted her again the next day to initiate converstaion again but no reply a whole day later?

I mean she asked for my number so she must of wanted to talk right? And she started the conversation one time at around midnight so again she must've actually wanted to have a convo with me?

She says she is a bad texter and never checks her texts, which could be true as she showed me her messages app and it had like 30 unread convos on there.

However she said she only consistently texts as few close people and I have made it into that group (her words), so why the cold shoulder? Our convos are always full of banter and flirting and she seems really into me when we talk.

Scroll to see replies

If she's a bad texter, she might not be playing with you, she might just forget to reply. Maybe she's not into you and she just sees you as a friend, but you're interpreting it as more?
Reply 2
She's either a realllllly bad texter, or you think you're in there and she doesn't see you that way.
Reply 3
Original post by georgiaswift
If she's a bad texter, she might not be playing with you, she might just forget to reply. Maybe she's not into you and she just sees you as a friend, but you're interpreting it as more?

Original post by Andy98
She's either a realllllly bad texter, or you think you're in there and she doesn't see you that way.

The thing is she told me she is a reserved person, and that she can never really be bothered to text people. So the fact she went out her way to ask me for my number should account for something right?

Plus we work together, and in our induction she was staring at me literally every day and whenever I noticed her she would smile at me and we really just click in general. Another thing is that after she would finish her shift she would hang around and wait for me to notice her so we would talk but we haven't really bumped into each other for a couple of weeks.

I'm trying my best not to text her as she has ignored me a couple of times, once a week or two ago and I texted her yesterday with no reply. I just really enjoy talking to her and it seems she also does but idk :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Also we spoke till 2.30am when we first started talking, and she texted me at midnight out the blue the other night. Surely you don't text someone at those times unless you want to talk right?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
The thing is she told me she is a reserved person, and that she can never really be bothered to text people. So the fact she went out her way to ask me for my number should account for something right?

It should, but that doesn't mean it does - one time a girl asked my number, and she just wanted it so I could remind her of meetings and stuff we both had to attend.

Plus we work together, and in our induction she was staring at me literally every day and whenever I noticed her she would smile at me and we really just click in general. Another thing is that after she would finish her shift she would hang around and wait for me to notice her so we would talk but we haven't really bumped into each other for a couple of weeks.

OK, that makes it sound more like she likes you

I'm trying my best not to text her as she has ignored me a couple of times, once a week or two ago and I texted her yesterday with no reply. I just really enjoy talking to her and it seems she also does but idk :s-smilie:

But then her ignoring you makes it sound like she doesn't.

I'm just getting really mixed messages here
Reply 6
Original post by Andy98
It should, but that doesn't mean it does - one time a girl asked my number, and she just wanted it so I could remind her of meetings and stuff we both had to attend.

OK, that makes it sound more like she likes you

But then her ignoring you makes it sound like she doesn't.

I'm just getting really mixed messages here

Your telling me! Doing my nut in this is. She came across the first couple weeks that she was really into me, first time we spoke she said I should give her my number which I did and we texted for about 3 days then she stopped replying. Then a few days later she texted me again and we spoke another 2 days then nothing :s

I mean I do like her as I haven't clicked with anyone like this since my ex a year ago, but I just don't know what she wants.

She said she only texts a select number of people, of which I am one of them apparently but I don't want to.keep texting her with no reply as it seems desperate. I guess I'll just wait for her to message again 🤔
If I text someone at 2am its usually the last thing i do before going to sleep
Reply 8
Original post by SalazarSlytherin

Well we were speaking for most of that day, and the convo ended at 2.30am as she said she was going to sleep. This was around 2 weeks ago though

Then the other day she texted me at midnight trying to start a converstaion but I was sleeping as I had work the next morning and I replied the next day to her.
Reply 9
Your telling me! Doing my nut in this is. She came across the first couple weeks that she was really into me, first time we spoke she said I should give her my number which I did and we texted for about 3 days then she stopped replying. Then a few days later she texted me again and we spoke another 2 days then nothing :s

I mean I do like her as I haven't clicked with anyone like this since my ex a year ago, but I just don't know what she wants.

She said she only texts a select number of people, of which I am one of them apparently but I don't want to.keep texting her with no reply as it seems desperate. I guess I'll just wait for her to message again 🤔

Maybe just ask her what she wants?

Original post by SalazarSlytherin

If I text someone at that time it's either cause I'm drunk or need talking out of stupid stuff, usually both.
Original post by Andy98
Maybe just ask her what she wants?

If I text someone at that time it's either cause I'm drunk or need talking out of stupid stuff, usually both.

I don't want to make it weird between as I have to see her around work and I would like to carry on talking to her. In the first 3/4 days we spoke when she took my number we exchanged around 1200 messages! So she obviously wanted to talk.

Just the past couple weeks the converstaion has been somewhat limited. It may just be due to exam/assignments which she did mention the other day. Who knows!
Reply 11
I don't want to make it weird between as I have to see her around work and I would like to carry on talking to her. In the first 3/4 days we spoke when she took my number we exchanged around 1200 messages! So she obviously wanted to talk.

Just the past couple weeks the converstaion has been somewhat limited. It may just be due to exam/assignments which she did mention the other day. Who knows!

I guess she might be busy, but I always make time to send at least one message to my girl every day :dontknow:
Original post by Andy98
I guess she might be busy, but I always make time to send at least one message to my girl every day :dontknow:

Well she isn't quite my girl yet :wink:

Here's hoping! haha.

She is just really on/off and if she is playing games then they're working! I cant stop thinking about her as I really enjoy talking to her as we click so well. I'm going to wait it out again and she if she messages and starts the conversation. Worked once begore maybe it will work again!
Reply 13
I wish a girl would play with me :frown:
Reply 14
Well she isn't quite my girl yet :wink:

Here's hoping! haha.

She is just really on/off and if she is playing games then they're working! I cant stop thinking about her as I really enjoy talking to her as we click so well. I'm going to wait it out again and she if she messages and starts the conversation. Worked once begore maybe it will work again!

Haha OK
Reply 15
Original post by GUMI

Not that kind of play kid
Any insight from some females? Advice from another la dies perspective would be much appreciated
Original post by GUMI

Mind games kind of playing are no fun
Original post by GUMI

Whatt 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well we were speaking for most of that day, and the convo ended at 2.30am as she said she was going to sleep. This was around 2 weeks ago though

Then the other day she texted me at midnight trying to start a converstaion but I was sleeping as I had work the next morning and I replied the next day to her.

hahah missed a bootycall/nude chance *****. Its night and she remembered you, could've entertained her mind

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending