The Student Room Group

Looks vs intelligence - the answer revealed by Awesome Genius

Basically I am in a unique position to answer the question, being both extremely intelligent and very good-looking.

I would summarise:

Looks get you through the door, intelligence gets you the job.

I speak metaphorically.

Society is fixated on superficial things. And if you're really ugly or fat then no one cares about you. That's not a good thing and it's not the attitude I hold personally by any means, but I do believe it's true.

But, that said, good-looking people are two-a-penny.
And actually highly intelligent people are not that common.

My advice to the many people on TSR that have been held back by their looks is, don't worry, if you're smart, eventually you will find a way to succeed.

AG

Scroll to see replies

Stuck up much :puke:
right....
Reply 3
:five:
If you're really that smart why bother walking through the metaphorical door in the first place? Work for yourself :biggrin:
Original post by Aydin7
If you're really that smart why bother walking through the metaphorical door in the first place? Work for yourself :biggrin:

Difficult without capital, experience in some field and the desire to take risk and get rich.
pretentious
You know, some of the words you said were quite good and valid, but I don't believe that there are ugly people in the world, everyone is beautiful in their own way. Same with the 'stupid' part. Everyone is smart in their own way and in their own field.

If you think about what I've just said, everyone is beautiful and smart in their own way so everyone can be successful in their own way.
Original post by Awesome Genius
Difficult without capital, experience in some field and the desire to take risk and get rich.

Okay maybe then can just sneak in through the back door then.
anything else AG :five:
Original post by ravioliyears
You know, some of the words you said were quite good and valid, but I don't believe that there are ugly people in the world, everyone is beautiful in their own way. Same with the 'stupid' part. Everyone is smart in their own way and in their own field.

If you think about what I've just said, everyone is beautiful and smart in their own way so everyone can be successful in their own way.

Do you agree that if there is a hot, there has to be a cold?

Similarly if there are clever people in the world, there have to be stupid people. If there sexy people in the world, there have to be ugly people.

These are just words used to describe relative position.

My post essentially just stresses the importance of not dwelling too much on your position when it comes to looks. And stupid people don't dwell that much on stuff anyway! Lol
so true
Basically I am in a unique position to answer the question, being both extremely intelligent and very good-looking.

I would summarise:

Looks get you through the door, intelligence gets you the job.

I speak metaphorically.

Society is fixated on superficial things. And if you're really ugly or fat then no one cares about you. That's not a good thing and it's not the attitude I hold personally by any means, but I do believe it's true.

But, that said, good-looking people are two-a-penny.
And actually highly intelligent people are not that common.

My advice to the many people on TSR that have been held back by their looks is, don't worry, if you're smart, eventually you will find a way to succeed.

If you're stupid and ugly like some of the people I was talking to this morning, then you're ****ed I guess.

AG

I have your pic you're not particularly good looking and you don't seem particularly intelligent sharing your picture.
Original post by a noble chance
Your famed looks and intelligence didn't get you any jobs from Ethereal World, let alone permit you to pass through her doors

You have no idea what you're talking about.
Original post by WoodyMKC

I am already 2 of the 3 lol
I don't really mind not being emotionally stable, life's fun that way!!
So I guess I'd still pick intelligent + good looking even if I had a choice.
Original post by Xenon17
I have your pic you're not particularly good looking and you don't seem particularly intelligent sharing your picture.

Thanks for the rep.
Thanks for the rep.

Doesn't mean what you're saying is wrong, not very intelligent are you?
Original post by alkaline.
I am already 2 of the 3 lol
I don't really mind not being emotionally stable, life's fun that way!!
So I guess I'd still pick intelligent + good looking even if I had a choice.

Supposedly everyone is two out of three, that's the idea :biggrin:

Ugh, don't. I'd happily sacrifice my intelligence for a bit of mental stability, maybe then I'd stop thinking so ****ing much :rofl:
Original post by WoodyMKC
Ugh, don't. I'd happily sacrifice my intelligence for a bit of mental stability, maybe then I'd stop thinking so ****ing much :rofl:

hmmm I feel you, but this is what drugs are for :colone:
people use drugs to get on our level, we can use drugs to calm it

Spoiler

Latest