The Student Room Group

AS Biology core practicals??

So I'm self-teaching Edexcel AS Biology (new 2015 syllabus) but haven't covered any of the practicals as I couldn't afford to do them. As I haven't covered them I have no knowledge about them so struggle to answer any questions relating about them! Are there any books or online resources that cover the core practicals that someone could let me know about as I'm in desperate need of help! :frown:
I am in exactly the same situation although I'm with OCR. I am really struggling to find information! When do your start?
Original post by bethanykread
I am in exactly the same situation although I'm with OCR. I am really struggling to find information! When do your start?

Oh wow, you're self taught too? I started teaching myself just before Christmas and my first exam for AS Bio is on the 26th May!! Eeeeek! Are you a "mature" student like me also?
Original post by Philip-flop
Oh wow, you're self taught too? I started teaching myself just before Christmas and my first exam for AS Bio is on the 26th May!! Eeeeek! Are you a "mature" student like me also?

ha you are ahead of me - I am seriously cramming. Yes self teaching and yes "mature student" - I am going back to University in September to do a pgce so thought a biology alevel would be a good warm up, how wrong I was!

Have you had any luck with getting responses from others on here? I have never used the site before. I seem to be able to find lots of info just not on what I need!
Original post by bethanykread
ha you are ahead of me - I am seriously cramming. Yes self teaching and yes "mature student" - I am going back to University in September to do a pgce so thought a biology alevel would be a good warm up, how wrong I was!

Have you had any luck with getting responses from others on here? I have never used the site before. I seem to be able to find lots of info just not on what I need!

Oh wow that's so cool. So does it not matter too much what grades you get for Biology then? When did you start learning anyway?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending