The Student Room Group

The ordinary girl with the extraordinary dreams.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rhythmical
If you want some advice then I will be more than happy to advise you, a blog is never easy!

Cool.
Aww that sounds so interesting, you would be great at that I am sure and I want to do English at university and then either script write or become a journalist.

Honestly, that has made my day. It's always been the intention behind my blog to inspire others who may not feel like today is their day or life isn't going good because honestly, it is you that has the power and when you have the choice to change your life around, the hard work pays off. Thank you very much and I hope you can become inspired to fulfill your heart's desires.

Can you please tell me your blogs website so that I can view them.:biggrin:
honestly i feel so sorry for you that i want to f*ck your brains out - not even joking.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SHussein7
Can you please tell me your blogs website so that I can view them.:biggrin:

Haha I don't have a website yet with my script work or anything simply because I've never completed anything yet. I struggle with writer's block so often I can spend years working on something but when I do - I will let you know. It should be hopefully this year as I am planning to put together a portfolio for university.

Original post by El Chapo Jr.
honestly i feel so sorry for you that i want to f*ck your brains out - not even joking.

Someone's been using the Direct approach...
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi guys. For my next blog post, what shall I cover?
So here it is, my blog which I am very happy to open. I'm surprised I've never opened one but I'm glad I have now.

I'll start by saying I'm 18 years old and I'm currently doing A Levels in English Literature, English Language and an OCR Cambridge Technical in Media. I'm currently at sixth form and I am also retaking my GCSE Maths. Maths teachers at my school are awful and it’s the worst department in the school so I am self-teaching it.

I grew up in a big family, my four sisters and my mum and dad. I'm Asian so I've always been really close to my parents and whole family, even extended. I guess everything on the surface seems normal, but it isn’t. The day I was born, my mother suffered with an asthma attack. It was heavy rain downpour and something was amiss with my birth. I appeared to have had several multiple fractures that no one knew or understood how it happened. My mum’s scans were clear so nothing was wrong expect when the doctor turned round and said something was wrong with my bones. Skip five months later and I was diagnosed with Brittle Bone Syndrome or professionally known as Osteogenesis Imperfecta. It means I’m prone to breaking my bones more easily and cannot walk at all. It never used to bother me until I grew up. I’ve had about ten operations in total, several were life threatening and I’m so lucky to have made it this far. My education has taken a downfall.

My parents had to enrol me into the local special school which should never have happened as no one with my condition goes to a special school as mentally, I’m fine and so are others. I excelled at that school and got the opportunity to go to a mainstream school at the age of 12 for two days a week, I jumped at the chance. Even though I got a poor education at the special school, it’s like I already knew things because I was more advanced than my peers at the mainstream school. When I was 13, I moved to a secondary school and started my GCSEs there whilst alternating between the special school. Those years were tough because even though the education system failed me, I didn’t want to fail myself.

I attended the mainstream school with my best friend who in year 11, passed away. She died just after my exams but I was already told she would die just before them. That’s one of the reasons why I failed badly and ended up with F/D/C grades. I tried so hard to be normal but it never worked. I set myself a challenge to obtain high grades for my best friend and go to university to study an English degree. I suffered with depression immensely when she died. I blamed myself and contemplated my life because she deserved to live more than me. I did an Access course at sixth form and changed my D in GCSE English to a B which I’m now retaking again to get an A*.

I made the decision to move to the secondary school full time last year and it’s never been better. I have more independence, yes I do struggle with making friends but I do have friends and now I’m on my way to my dream. I’ve been through so much and want to inspire others because if I can do it, so can you. I may be in a wheelchair but there is nothing that can stop me. I hope you all read and follow my blog to gain inspiration and to know that you can do anything you can set your mind on.I’m aspiring to study at UCL and Kings College and I have more than 10 GCSEs now, A*-E (will become C once I pass Maths this year!) And apologises for this being too long!

Someimes I do feel frustated because I never got the chance to have a proper education against those who refuse it or abuse it but I'm the bigger person for carrying on and making do.

Blog Posts

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=63747963&postcount=14 Losing my Best Friend Part 1

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3979677&p=63748859#post63748859 Losing My Best Friend Part 2

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=63748889&postcount=16 Losing My Best Friend Part 3 + Finale.

This was honestly such an inspirational read :redface:
Original post by SassKing13
This was honestly such an inspirational read :redface:

Thank you so much, honestly it means so much. All I want to do is inspire people. I'm going to cover a blog post either later today or tomorrow on never giving up. I already did three on the loss of my best friend so I just thought I'd leave blogging for a while.
Thank you so much, honestly it means so much. All I want to do is inspire people. I'm going to cover a blog post either later today or tomorrow on never giving up. I already did three on the loss of my best friend so I just thought I'd leave blogging for a while.

Ah, I see. I think I'll watch this thread so I can see when you've posted another one :smile:
Original post by SassKing13
Ah, I see. I think I'll watch this thread so I can see when you've posted another one :smile:

Thank you, usually I tag or mention people too so I will mention you when I make a new blog post. If you want me to do a blog post on what you would like to know about me, then feel free to suggest one. :smile:
When Giving Up Is Never An Option:
Hi everyone! I thought I’d cover another blog post after a little while purely because I feel like this one really shows who I am as a person.

Giving up is an easy option, I’ve been through the contemplation but honestly not giving up, made me a stronger person.I remember wanting to give up when my best friend died. I thought, what is the point of living if she isn’t even here? I wanted to die, couldn't wait for death and was never scared of the thought. If I close my eyes and just go, atleast I wouldn't be suffering. I thought about going through life without her and it never became an option because I loved her so much, no one else has come close. I remember her so well but at times, she becomes a blur because in the last two years, I’ve slowly moved on, it sounds horrible but I know I have.

I never gave up because she wanted me to make her proud. She believed in me more than any other person and knew I’d become a success. I used to wish that everything would be ok and I wouldn't suffer but I knew suffering is all a part of life. Because of her, I’ve never given up.When I flopped my GCSE’s, I cried. So hard that I knew I’d be a failure. This came after my best friend’s death and I felt like I had betrayed her and disappointed her. I felt pissed off I worked so hard and for what? A lot of fails and only some passes? I felt so angry that I just wanted to shut the world off and never open my bedroom door.

My mum was upset because I finally thought my dream of university was over. So much for my dream being achieved. A few days later, I had a revelation that if I wanted to make my best friend happy and proud, I would have to work my butt off and get to university.So I did. English was my favourite subject so to fail it, I thought it was a mistake. I was so close to a C it angered me.

I wanted to do it at university but I couldn't. I did an Access Course and achieved passes in BTEC Retail and Workskills and couldn't achieve higher grades as the grade system didn't go higher. I transformed my D in English to a B (retaking again to get an A*) and I went from an F to an E in Maths and now I will achieve my C this year! Science, I may have achieved a D and fell ill during the exam to achieve this, I will now retake it next year to get an A. If I gave up, I would never have been able to do my A Levels in English Literature, English Language and an OCR Cambridge Technical in Media and get to do an English degree. A year ago I was worried about failing my success paid off based on my failure from 2014.

Never give up people, it’s never an option.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi everyone! I thought I’d cover another blog post after a little while purely because I feel like this one really shows who I am as a person.

Giving up is an easy option, I’ve been through the contemplation but honestly not giving up, made me a stronger person.I remember wanting to give up when my best friend died. I thought, what is the point of living if she isn’t even here? I wanted to die, couldn't wait for death and was never scared of the thought. If I close my eyes and just go, atleast I wouldn't be suffering. I thought about going through life without her and it never became an option because I loved her so much, no one else has come close. I remember her so well but at times, she becomes a blur because in the last two years, I’ve slowly moved on, it sounds horrible but I know I have.

I never gave up because she wanted me to make her proud. She believed in me more than any other person and knew I’d become a success. I used to wish that everything would be ok and I wouldn't suffer but I knew suffering is all a part of life. Because of her, I’ve never given up.When I flopped my GCSE’s, I cried. So hard that I knew I’d be a failure. This came after my best friend’s death and I felt like I had betrayed her and disappointed her. I felt pissed off I worked so hard and for what? A lot of fails and only some passes? I felt so angry that I just wanted to shut the world off and never open my bedroom door.

My mum was upset because I finally thought my dream of university was over. So much for my dream being achieved. A few days later, I had a revelation that if I wanted to make my best friend happy and proud, I would have to work my butt off and get to university.So I did. English was my favourite subject so to fail it, I thought it was a mistake. I was so close to a C it angered me.

I wanted to do it at university but I couldn't. I did an Access Course and achieved passes in BTEC Retail and Workskills and couldn't achieve higher grades as the grade system didn't go higher. I transformed my D in English to a B (retaking again to get an A*) and I went from an F to an E in Maths and now I will achieve my C this year! Science, I may have achieved a D and fell ill during the exam to achieve this, I will now retake it next year to get an A. If I gave up, I would never have been able to do my A Levels in English Literature, English Language and an OCR Cambridge Technical in Media and get to do an English degree. A year ago I was worried about failing my success paid off based on my failure from 2014.

Its awesome :awesome:
:top:

Wow, I am truly speechless! You have been through so much. I'm glad you didn't let that hold you back, no matter how difficult :yep: :hugs:
Your retake results are amazing! :eek: Well done for being able to achieve that! Thanks for that lovely, inspirational message too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fatima1998
Its awesome :awesome:
:top:

Everything written by me is awesome. :tongue:

Omg this is so heartbreaking .. :cry2:
I can relate so much about the failure :no:

You're so right about never giving up ! Your friend would be so proud of you ! Btw when you said she was a blur sometimes, it broke my heart. Don't worry, moving on does not mean forgetting !
It's like a book. If you turn a page without remembering the last page you read, the story has no sense. I'm glad you decided to turn your pages without forgetting the past :heart:
Original post by Matrix123
Wow, I am truly speechless! You have been through so much. I'm glad you didn't let that hold you back, no matter how difficult :yep: :hugs:
Your retake results are amazing! :eek: Well done for being able to achieve that! Thanks for that lovely, inspirational message too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw thank you and I wanted to give up but it was never an option and I am so grateful I never did. Thank you for your kind words <3
Aw thank you and I wanted to give up but it was never an option and I am so grateful I never did. Thank you for your kind words <3

Ahh I see and I'm sure you are. You're welcome :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Omg this is so heartbreaking .. :cry2:
I can relate so much about the failure :no:

You're so right about never giving up ! Your friend would be so proud of you ! Btw when you said she was a blur sometimes, it broke my heart. Don't worry, moving on does not mean forgetting !
It's like a book. If you turn a page without remembering the last page you read, the story has no sense. I'm glad you decided to turn your pages without forgetting the past :heart:

You have so much wisdom, it's true. I just feel like sometimes I forget her because it's been two years nearly and I've managed to move on and it scares me, what if I forget her completely? Failure made me who I am and I'm glad to have failed because it made me realise that no one ever has a 100% success rate and you need to be prepared for failure.

Hugs :h:

Original post by Matrix123
Ahh I see and I'm sure you are. You're welcome :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're welcome too, :tongue:
You have so much wisdom, it's true. I just feel like sometimes I forget her because it's been two years nearly and I've managed to move on and it scares me, what if I forget her completely? Failure made me who I am and I'm glad to have failed because it made me realise that no one ever has a 100% success rate and you need to be prepared for failure.

Hugs :h:

You're welcome too, :tongue:

You'll never forget !! Maybe her face appears blurry in your mind sometimes, and it's completely okay, because it's not your fault ! Your heart cans never forget what you mind cans ! Besides, I'm pretty sure she wants you to be happy, and not to worry about a blur !
Feel her in your heart, it's all you need :heart:

:hugs:
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
You'll never forget !! Maybe her face appears blurry in your mind sometimes, and it's completely okay, because it's not your fault ! Your heart cans never forget what you mind cans ! Besides, I'm pretty sure she wants you to be happy, and not to worry about a blur !
Feel her in your heart, it's all you need :heart:

:hugs:

It's sad isn't it? I lost her at a young age and when I grow up, she'll be a memory to me and there's nothing I can do. But your words really make me happy because you're so lovely and sweet and I'm jealous of your unicorn powers :tongue:
It's sad isn't it? I lost her at a young age and when I grow up, she'll be a memory to me and there's nothing I can do. But your words really make me happy because you're so lovely and sweet and I'm jealous of your unicorn powers :tongue:

A memory. Exactly. As long as you remember :yep: :heart:

I'm so happy to make you happy <3 don't be jealous, we share the same power :five: :lovehug:

Quick Reply

Latest