The Student Room Group

Polish equivalent of GCSE for universities

Hi!

I'm studying in Poland in equivalent of Year 11 and for next 3 days I'm sitting polish equivalent of GCSE. I have to take Polish, History and Citizen Ship; Mathematics and Science (in one paper I'll have Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Geography); Basic and Extended English (without speaking...)
In Poland we don't get grades from exams, just percentage and marks.

I'm just curious whether I can write my score from these exams in UCAS application next year.
Reply 1
I don't know how it would work to apply when you're coming from Poland, but I'm sure you can find that on the UCAS website. However, I'm pretty sure you can't apply to university with a GCSE or equivalent qualification. Pretty sure you wouldn't do that in Poland either, you need A levels or equivalent.
Reply 2
Original post by Nadile
I don't know how it would work to apply when you're coming from Poland, but I'm sure you can find that on the UCAS website. However, I'm pretty sure you can't apply to university with a GCSE or equivalent qualification. Pretty sure you wouldn't do that in Poland either, you need A levels or equivalent.

I know that. I'm going to take A-level Maths in this year; Business and Econ next year.
You will have to contact your chosen universities when the time times for UCAS. You may also need a letter from NARIC because your qualifications will be foreign to the UK and therefore the level of rigor will differ between the two systems http://www.ecctis.co.uk/naric/Individuals/Compare%20Qualifications/Statement%20of%20Comparability.aspx
Reply 4
Original post by CrazyFool229
You will have to contact your chosen universities when the time times for UCAS. You may also need a letter from NARIC because your qualifications will be foreign to the UK and therefore the level of rigor will differ between the two systems http://www.ecctis.co.uk/naric/Individuals/Compare%20Qualifications/Statement%20of%20Comparability.aspx

Thank u for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest