The Student Room Group

Do I need PJ's for Uni?

At home I just sleep in boxers and walk around in shorts and a t shirt but obviously uni isn't home. So do you think I should get some pj's for uni.

(might even wear them to the shops and lectures)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are you going to live in halls? Never seen a guy in PJ's in my halls tbh. You could just wear shorts and a t-shirt when you're going to the kitchen. Nobody wears PJ's to shops and lectures - you don't wanna be ridiculed.
Wear what you are used to, thats what everyone else does. :smile:
Reply 3
Nah go for it get some pjs and generally smarten up a bit all round, buy a tweed jacket and some coloured trousers like red possibly a pair of brogues. Don't wear your pjs to lectures, save your onesie for that?
Just get sweatpants or something and you're all set. Boxers are probably okay but especially if you're in housing with girls as well, some athletic shorts or sweatpants will make everyone more comfortable. They're also warm.
literally no one cares what anyone wears at uni everything's accepted
as long as you're not walking round in boxers (would be okay in some flats and not in others) you're fine, you're not expected to have pajamas, wear them if you want but if you're comfy in other stuff wear that
Sleep in whatever the hell you're comfortable sleeping in. I'd keep some clothes vaguely handy incase someone sets the fire alarm off at a funny hour, though.
I would avoid wearing PJs to shops and lectures if you hope to have any kind of sexual life during uni.
Grey sweatpants - you don't even need to wear boxers underneath this way = hidden freedom.

In terms of sleeping, sleep naked for all I care, it's your bed, you're not violating any but your own and the spirits around you's eyesight.
Original post by BlueSam3
I'd keep some clothes vaguely handy incase someone sets the fire alarm off at a funny hour, though.

This is a good point. Never had it happen though.
It's up to you. You're sleeping patterns. No one is going to judge. Don't be afraid. Wear what's comfortable. Most of my friends who are at uni seem to be sleeping in the living room all of them together. And also your flat mates and you will become like a family so just choose what you normally wear.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've never worn pjs at uni. My onesie though, couldn't go without it
Original post by ILikePasta
At home I just sleep in boxers and walk around in shorts and a t shirt but obviously uni isn't home. So do you think I should get some pj's for uni.

(might even wear them to the shops and lectures)

Which uni you going to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No one I know wears PJs to lectures or shops :redface:

I lived in a house with 11 other guys during my first year at uni, and there wre a few who just walked around in boxers (one night I was unfortunate enough to see someone without boxers), but I'm not sure they would have done so if there were someone of the opposite gender around.

PJs are nice and keep you warmer. :redface:
Reply 14
not really! im a girl and I just wear my t shirts (stock up at freshers fair dude) or a dressing gown if I need to go to the kitchen, no matter what flatmates you end up with, by second term your not really gonna give a damn what you wear in the morning. Dont get into the habit of walking around in your pjs outside though, even some jeans over your sleeping shirts and a jacket will make you look presentable and also you wont get any lazy habits youd probably have to kick after one year. I live on a campus and the only time I see people wearing pjs to the store is about 2 am in the morning, no judgement there! But if its 10am and theres people on there way to class you bet your ass theyre gonna judge you!

(ps. pjs are the first thing to end up in the bottom of your laundry basket, youre gonna end up with only boxers by the end of the term anyways)
(pps. keep a thick coat, some bottoms and shoes near your door at all times, theres gonna be a 3am fire alarm and you will only have a few minutes to exit the building)
Original post by SeanFM
No one I know wears PJs to lectures or shops :redface:

I lived in a house with 11 other guys during my first year at uni, and there wre a few who just walked around in boxers (one night I was unfortunate enough to see someone without boxers), but I'm not sure they would have done so if there were someone of the opposite gender around.

PJs are nice and keep you warmer. :redface:

Lovely! How very pleasant :redface:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Lovely! How very pleasant :redface:

Some things you can never unsee. :hide:
Look, I've seen all kinds of things in my halls, and so has the cleaner when I've opened my bedroom door... To be honest, as long as you aren't walking around butt naked, most people don't give a damn!!!

I never wear PJs at uni, if I'm going out my room I just stick some trackies and a tshirt on...

However, if you want to for comfort etc, then go for it...
fire alarms yes. but otherwise no
Original post by Rach.is.awesome
Which uni you going to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sheffield Hallam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending