The Student Room Group

Immigrants aren't the problem

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Howard
Your brazen racism is becoming a real bore. It's amazing to me how you can make sweeping generalization after generalization about all these bone idle n'er do well natives. If anybody were to generalise in such a way about immigrants your face would melt so why do you think you have a license to stuff millions of Brits in a box marked "5hit"?

How is it racist? More importantly i dont think i can be racist. But yeah well go along with it. I am just repeating what tonnes of others have already said on this thread.
Original post by TSRFT8
You have this assumption that im talking about you as an individual, i frankly do not care if YOU do or do not blame them im talking about the masses of people against immigration.

What evidence do you need? Do you not go outside your house? Its not about "we" its about the owners of the business. If they want migrants over British people then its their choice. Their business their rules not the rules of some uneducated morons who think they have an entitlement to every and any job.

If that's the case then there is no need to quote my posts if you aren't talking to me as an individual.

Secondly you have zero basis for anything as its just your personal assertions of why the unemployed/under employed don't have a job or enough hours.

Thirdly it isn't what business owners want it is about what people want that is how democracy works

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 102
Original post by TSRFT8
How is it racist? More importantly i dont think i can be racist. But yeah well go along with it. I am just repeating what tonnes of others have already said on this thread.

Well, don't. Try to think for yourself.
Original post by kabbage
I've seen a lot of posts about how immigrants are taking our jobs and how the British end up unemployed. This is wrong on so many levels mostly because people refuse to look on both sides of the argument.

It's clear that these jobs are always on low pay jobs that don't require a qualification. I haven't seen an immigrant with a medical degree ever come from another country and become a doctor in a British hospital. I have friends who moved here and who's parents have qualifications, however find it very difficult to get a job in their field and end up taking low paid jobs.

The jobs that these immigrants are taking are low paid jobs, so the problem isn't the immigrants, it's the lack of education in this country.

Additionally, immigrants tend to make jobs. One of my friends immigrated here and set up a business which ended up employing hundreds of people. Immigrants can be job creators.

That's one of many arguments against immigration to the UK.

It was a policy implemented by New Labour which drastically changed Britain and continues to do so. The problem? No one voted for it.

Anecdotes don't hold up as solid fact, either.
Original post by paul514
So if there are 70 workers for 80 jobs then the companies don't compete for them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. They will not compete for them. People will always be unemployed and poor and need a job. Plis ifbthere were no immigrants thered be far less demand and subsequently less jobs too.
Now you are changing the goalposts. You said low skilled immigrants drag down wages, they do not.
Low skilled jobs will always be low paid. Not because of immigrants but because anyone can do it.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Bornblue
No. They will not compete for them. People will always be unemployed and poor and need a job. Plis ifbthere were no immigrants thered be far less demand and subsequently less jobs too.
Now you are changing the goalposts. You said low skilled immigrants drag down wages, they do not.
Low skilled jobs will always be low paid. Not because of immigrants but because anyone can do it.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm saying what I have always said and I assure you the less people there are for a job the more valuable a person is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kabbage
I've seen a lot of posts about how immigrants are taking our jobs and how the British end up unemployed. This is wrong on so many levels mostly because people refuse to look on both sides of the argument.

It's clear that these jobs are always on low pay jobs that don't require a qualification. I haven't seen an immigrant with a medical degree ever come from another country and become a doctor in a British hospital. I have friends who moved here and who's parents have qualifications, however find it very difficult to get a job in their field and end up taking low paid jobs.

The jobs that these immigrants are taking are low paid jobs, so the problem isn't the immigrants, it's the lack of education in this country.

Additionally, immigrants tend to make jobs. One of my friends immigrated here and set up a business which ended up employing hundreds of people. Immigrants can be job creators.

I suggest you book an appointment with your nearest Specsavers.
Original post by paul514
I'm saying what I have always said and I assure you the less people there are for a job the more valuable a person is

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right so in a place like Norfolk with no immigration McDonald's and Starbucks must pay their staff a fortune right?

You're understanding of economics is at gcse level.

There will always be an abundance of people for low paid jobs. They are not low paid because of immigration, they are low paid because anyone can do them.

And another reason why wages are low is because if McDonald's and Starbucks had to pay their enployees more it would end up being cheaper to switch to automation. There are numerous factors which cause low wages, immigration does not necessarily, certainly not in low skilled jobs.
Original post by Bornblue
Right so in a place like Norfolk with no immigration McDonald's and Starbucks must pay their staff a fortune right?

You're understanding of economics is at gcse level.

There will always be an abundance of people for low paid jobs. They are not low paid because of immigration, they are low paid because anyone can do them.

And another reason why wages are low is because if McDonald's and Starbucks had to pay their enployees more it would end up being cheaper to switch to automation. There are numerous factors which cause low wages, immigration does not necessarily, certainly not in low skilled jobs.

Do I need to repeat the same stuff or are you so dense you won't take it in?

Asked and answered.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 109
Original post by balanced
So like 30-40% of Americans are all stupid? I think what you just said suggests a lot more about a lack of education. Also, I doubt that there are many 'uneducated' people on TSR, including you probably.

Well the Americans are certainly stupid for wasting a vote on someone as incompetent or fundamentally racist and stupid as Trump.

Ignoring OPs poor phrasing, he does certainly raise an issue that has relevance and legitimacy. Simply dismissing immigrants as a compromise without realising the benefits they provide to the country is naive.
Original post by paul514
Do I need to repeat the same stuff or are you so dense you won't take it in?

Asked and answered.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But you haven't answered.
You have no idea and you're hiding behind other posters who also haven't answered the question.

If you don't want immigrants fine, but don't pretend that if we got rid of them that corporations would start paying their workers more.

Real life economcis doesn't work as an exact science, as much as you might think it does.
Original post by ULT
We have control of our borders you dim witted buffoon.

The question is, does the EU?
Reply 112
Original post by balanced
The question is, does the EU?

If you're talking about refugees, none of them will come into Britain. We would take in refugees as we are obliged to do so as the fastest growing economy in the west, but we would only take a sustainable and negligible number.

Many exaggerate the number or migrants that come in, clearly the UKIPs election campaign has been very successful.
Original post by ULT
If you're talking about refugees, none of them will come into Britain. We would take in refugees as we are obliged to do so as the fastest growing economy in the west, but we would only take a sustainable and negligible number.

Many exaggerate the number or migrants that come in, clearly the UKIPs election campaign has been very successful.

They are the governments figures not ukips and they aren't even correct for instance over 600,000 new national insurance numbers were issued to European migrants last year yet the official government figures show about half of that as migrants. Get an education on the issues

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TSRFT8
You voted UKIP, please dont try and get educational supremacy over people. You have the IQ of a 5 year old just based on your political views.

I can smell the democracy from here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
They are the governments figures not ukips and they aren't even correct for instance over 600,000 new national insurance numbers were issued to European migrants last year yet the official government figures show about half of that as migrants. Get an education on the issues

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have a source?
Original post by ULT

Still, you do not see the problem. It is not a matter of where they go first, but later. when they have children, or even in a few years, they have every right to come here. At the moment, we have no way of stopping criminals enter the country, nor can we pick those who will benefit the country.

The option to leave then, is to say no to no control over immigration and to say yes to controlled imigration based upon importnt skills etc.
Original post by TSRFT8
You voted UKIP, please dont try and get educational supremacy over people. You have the IQ of a 5 year old just based on your political views.

Firstly, 13% of people actully voted UKIP, therefore 13% of the country has an IQ of 5?
Secondly, how can you tell my IQ? My IQ, if it pleases you, is 122, which isn't too bad.

All migrants receive an NI number, not all those who receive an NI number are migrants. Seems pretty clear.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending