The Student Room Group

Why Are Modern "men" White Knights?

Scroll to see replies

brace yourself - I mean treating women as sexual beings. as if they are just as sexual as you are. the only difference is that a guy is a sexual subject and a girl is a sexual object. that is both the modern/cultural *and* the biological dynamic. if you're saying "there's more to guys and girls than just sexual relationships" - that's very rare - how often do you find guys with female best friends who aren't going out with one another? if being straightforward here is "wrong" of me then I'm sorry
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BubbleBoobies
brace yourself - I mean treating women as sexual beings. as if they are just as sexual as you are. the only difference is that a guy is a sexual subject and a girl is a sexual object. that is both the modern/cultural *and* the biological dynamic. if you're saying "there's more to guys and girls than just sexual relationships" - that's very rare - how often do you find guys with female best friends who aren't going out with one another? if being straightforward here is "wrong" of me then I'm sorry

I have plenty of female best friends.

But you still haven't really answered my question; what do you do/what do you say/what is your behavior towards women that qualifies as treating them as sexual beings.

I'm just curious.
I'm sorry to hear that

But you still haven't really answered my question; what do you do/what do you say/what is your behavior towards women that qualifies as treating them as sexual beings.

I'm just curious.

by not pretending that I see them as just friends
I'm sorry to hear that

by not pretending that I see them as just friends

Ah, you're one of those people with the ludicrous idea that men can't be friends with women. :colondollar:
well, I've never had the ability nor the desire to force myself to not feel attraction when I do - if I didn't like a girl, why would I be her friend in the first place? if I did "like" her, then either I'd give into my primal instincts and she'd either say yes or no, unless she was particularly ugly. there's a difference between the friendship between men/women and men and men, and women and women - there's no "sexuality" (unless there's homosexuality). why wouldn't there be sexuality between a guy and a girl that are at least attractive in each others eyes and they got along reasonably well? how does that *not* translate into either latent or apparent sexuality? men and women biologically aren't meant to be sexually inert, and women in particular are convinced that they can be, because they are the more picky gender, so it kind of doesn't occur to them. so men will suppress, strangely, their feelings, and women often won't even have them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Tbf a lot of guys are completely passive and unable to make their intentions clear, they seem to think disguising their intentions will get them somewhere and then complain when the girl doesn't read their mind. There's a lot of this 'alpha/beta' bs but it's definitely true that women do not find doormats arousing, they might date one yeah, but they won't enjoy the sex.
Original post by stefano865
Why are self-proclaimed alpha males such utter dickheads? :hmmmm2:

The concept of alpha/beta males is redundant in this day and age due to the fact that we are no longer living in the wild and fighting for survival, so anyone that believes in it has obviously not quite fully developed, mentally. Hence the lack of social awareness.
I don't know about anyone else but I find the idea of being a knight pretty appealing.

Shrugging,

SS
(edited 7 years ago)
well, I've never had the ability nor the desire to force myself to not feel attraction when I do - if I didn't like a girl, why would I be her friend in the first place? if I did "like" her, then either I'd give into my primal instincts and she'd either say yes or no, unless she was particularly ugly. there's a difference between the friendship between men/women and men and men, and women and women - there's no "sexuality" (unless there's homosexuality). why wouldn't there be sexuality between a guy and a girl that are at least attractive in each others eyes and they got along reasonably well? how does that *not* translate into either latent or apparent sexuality? men and women biologically aren't meant to be sexually inert, and women in particular are convinced that they can be, because they are the more picky gender, so it kind of doesn't occur to them. so men will suppress, strangely, their feelings, and women often won't even have them.

So much BS in one post.

Why would you be her friend? For the same reason you would be friends with a guy, no? You sound very clueless and inexperienced when it comes to women, and the worst part is that you're pretending to be the opposite.
Original post by Supersaps
I don't know about anyone else but I find the idea of being a knight pretty appealing.

Shrugging,

SS

Mmmmmm I find that pretty appealing too.....
So much meanness and stupidity on this thread! :bawling:
I wouldn't want to date the guys posting on here. Eeek!
because men want pussy and they think they'll get it by being basically beta WKs
as for me - I know that beta male **** gets women dry as the sahara.
there's a difference between treating a woman like a woman and treating a woman like a child
children aren't sexual, and women are. beta males treat them like kids, that's why they WK over them
-and in my opinion, it's creepy

not in a pedo's eyes
Original post by WBZ144
So much BS in one post.

Why would you be her friend? For the same reason you would be friends with a guy, no? You sound very clueless and inexperienced when it comes to women, and the worst part is that you're pretending to be the opposite.

the kind of chemistry between and guy and a guy is called "friendship"
the kind of chemistry between (straight) guys and girls is called "sexuality"
the except is *drum roll*: when one of them doesn't find the other attractive, or both! usually girls are the ones who aren't attracted because girls are the fussier gender
but that's comparative to the situation where two guys or two girls don't become friends - either they both or one of them don't find the other appealing.

so, what's the difference between "chemistry" and "friendship"? the genders
(edited 7 years ago)
the kind of chemistry between and guy and a guy is called "friendship"
the kind of chemistry between (straight) guys and girls is called "sexuality"
the except is *drum roll*: when one of them doesn't find the other attractive, or both! usually girls are the ones who aren't attracted because girls are the fussier gender
but that's comparative to the situation where two guys or two girls don't become friends - either they both or one of them don't find the other appealing.

so, what's the difference between "chemistry" and "friendship"? the genders

I don't like how everything today comes down to 'who can get off with who?'

This overly sexualised dimension of society, is a mistake imho.
Original post by john2054
I don't like how everything today comes down to 'who can get off with who?'

This overly sexualised dimension of society, is a mistake imho.

it's not over-sexualisation, it's just human realism. I'm not saying that a guy and a girl can't get along well. I'm just saying here that the idea of guys and girl being "just friends", controlling for the factors of unattraction via aesthetic features + suppressing latent emotions, is far too shallow for reality. a guy pretending to be "just friends" with an attractive girl whom he gets along very well with is like a person applying for medicine pretending to not be interested in the money (and I'm probably opening pandoras box with that statement...)
(edited 7 years ago)
:sigh:
it's not over-sexualisation, it's just human realism. I'm not saying that a guy and a girl can't get along well. I'm just saying here that the idea of guys and girl being "just friends", controlling for the factors of unattraction via aesthetic features + suppressing latent emotions, is far too shallow for reality. a guy pretending to be "just friends" with an attractive girl whom he gets along very well with is like a person applying for medicine pretending to not be interested in the money (and I'm probably opening pandoras box with that statement...)

Women and men can be friends, granted. Equally women and men can have sex. But this doesn't mean that the two always have to go together okay??
Reply 57
There's only one answer:

LOW TESTOSTERONE.
Women and men can be friends, granted. Equally women and men can have sex. But this doesn't mean that the two always have to go together okay??

exactly - sometimes one of them simply isn't attracted to the other (usually it's the girl), or, like I said, both of them aren't physically attracted to the other. so when I refer to "good looking" guys or girls, who get on together, I am claiming that in *that* occasion, there can't just be friendship - that's too unrealistic to expect
Reply 59

I see a lot of guys with female friends and I know that they are too weak to make a move. If they had balls they would and if she rejected him, they'd move on.

I know because when I was young I too used to be a beta pussy.

Today there isn't a female friend I have who I don't occasionally dump my cum into.

And I will never marry any of them. :u:

Quick Reply