The Student Room Group

How to get an A* in WJEC history

So I do USA, Russia and Germany any tips on how to get an A* in each exam?
Original post by ameenatariq

buy it off craigslist
Original post by thefatone
buy it off craigslist

What??
What??

you can get anything there
you can get anything there

Get what? Tips?
Get what? Tips?

i'm so tempted .... hmmm

but seriously i see these threads occasionally and i'm sure that these people are likely to be looking for a way out of doing all the hard work and looking for an easy way out to get a good grade but it's all how much knowledge and skills you can use.
not accusing you of this but i think this is what many come on here asking for
i'm so tempted .... hmmm

but seriously i see these threads occasionally and i'm sure that these people are likely to be looking for a way out of doing all the hard work and looking for an easy way out to get a good grade but it's all how much knowledge and skills you can use.
not accusing you of this but i think this is what many come on here asking for

I'm sorry but who are you to assume anything. I came on here to ask for tips because I keep getting A's in the exam and wanted tips from someone who has gotten an A* in the exam and how they did it. If its not you then bye.
Reply 7

I got 198/200 in WJEC History with 50/50,50/50,49/50 in one exam on Germany and the two USA ones. I guess the syllabus has probably changed slightly (sat it in 2013), but I used a combination of this book ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Revision-Notes-WJEC-GCSE-History/dp/1444158570 ) and bitesize, copying down facts over and over again until they stuck essentially, along with, of course, past paper practice and checking the syllabus/mark schemes.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I got 198/200 in WJEC History with 50/50,50/50,49/50 in one exam on Germany and the two USA ones. I guess the syllabus has probably changed slightly (sat it in 2013), but I used a combination of this book ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Revision-Notes-WJEC-GCSE-History/dp/1444158570 ) and bitesize, copying down facts over and over again until they stuck essentially, along with, of course, past paper practice and checking the syllabus/mark schemes.

Yeah I use that book to revise already! It's more about how I answer the questions!
Reply 9
Yeah I use that book to revise already! It's more about how I answer the questions!

Hmm my teachers gave some specific advice on that but it's been a while so I probably can't offer much reliable advice. If you can get access to the examiner's reports they are good for this; of course the mark schemes can help to an extent as well.

Quick Reply

Latest