The Student Room Group

English literature question

How does Shakespeare present the tragedy of love in Romeo and Juliet?

What are some things I could write about for this?
no idea. I haven't done this. Im doing merchant of venice
Original post by in omnia paratus

https://prezi.com/73frrqsx6vba/romeo-and-juliet-love-and-tragedy/ not sure if this is any help!
In Romeo and Juliet Shakespeare presents love as a transcendental force to societal pressures and expectations of conformity. Love in this play is something that all the characters revolve around and and it acts as opposition to the feud that is an ongoing throughout, almost a buffer that is preventing certain characters from fighting. However, it's a double edged sword because as constructive as it is presented to be it is also destructive, as it ultimately ends up causing the demise of the two protagonists. Hope this helps! :biggrin:

This really helps, thank you

i did present it by using w'rds and emotions
Original post by Kanairee
In Romeo and Juliet Shakespeare presents love as a transcendental force to societal pressures and expectations of conformity. Love in this play is something that all the characters revolve around and and it acts as opposition to the feud that is an ongoing throughout, almost a buffer that is preventing certain characters from fighting. However, it's a double edged sword because as constructive as it is presented to be it is also destructive, as it ultimately ends up causing the demise of the two protagonists. Hope this helps! :biggrin:

This is a great example, thank you so much
Original post by Sheikhspeare II
i did present it by using w'rds and emotions

:laugh::laugh:
Original post by yoloman123
no idea. I haven't done this. Im doing merchant of venice

That's alright, thanks anyway.
This is a great example, thank you so much

No problem :biggrin: glad I could help

Quick Reply

Latest