The Student Room Group

So does anyone now regret any of their A Level choices?

Scroll to see replies

I want to do engineering. Maths, Physics and 2 easy subjects would've been enough. But no, I had to go ahead and pick Chemistry and Biology as my second 2.

Lads i ****ed up.
Reply 41
I did Biology at AS because I adored it at GCSE. I liked it at A Level for the first three months. Regretted it for the rest of the year. Dropped it so hard on results day after somehow blagging a B in it.

I nearly didn't pick Chemistry because I hated it at GCSE but it complimented my other subjects and I just seemed to naturally do well in it so I thought I'd just "endure" it. Looking back I think I would have regretted NOT doing it. I love Chemistry so much now.
Original post by isitisisitis
Yes, it is perhaps a bit *regrettable* but spelling 'their choice' wrong is a very common error after all. Perhaps they are regretful now. I however am probably more regretful about the fact that I didn't take AH History but, oh well, I may get the chance at university!

You live and burn... or do I mean learn...? :tongue:

I think you have perhaps misunderstood the irony in my reply. :beard:
Regretted doing Art for AS - it was the biggest waste of my life. Should have listened to my parents when they advised me against it, though.
i regret choosing computing big time. You really have to dedicate your time to it if you want to do well. I didn't particularly enjoy it either.
Original post by aamirac
I quite like my subjects atm. But if I had the choice again I would have done the three sciences and Geography instead.

I am doing sciences and geography but I am finding geography actually really hard as compared to sciences 😞
Original post by Azzer11
I think you have perhaps misunderstood the irony in my reply. :beard:

Explain :smile:
Regret taking biology big time, should of taken a proper subject like Further maths or physics
Original post by isitisisitis
Explain :smile:

It's never worthwhile if it needs explaining :wink:
Original post by Daniel9998
Regret taking biology big time, should of taken a proper subject like Further maths or physics

i know what you mean,its just the application questions in biology which makes my life difficult 😒
I'm seeing people regret all the subjects I'm doing next year :redface:
Regret choosing Physics:/
Original post by Ayaz789
Regret choosing Physics:/

same 😞
Original post by Maira Tehseen
same 😞

Made a proper nasty mistake even though im amazing at Maths :/
Original post by Maira Tehseen
I am doing sciences and geography but I am finding geography actually really hard as compared to sciences 😞

Really?! What exam board do you do? I do AQA.
I kind of wish I had picked computer science instead of economics because it fits in better with my other subjects but economics is probably easier than computer science
Original post by aamirac
Really?! What exam board do you do? I do AQA.

Edexcel 😞
I don't really regret taking Law AS as I got 97%- however, I hated the second unit. It was literally hell, no one can say that EU law can ever be interesting. Or statutory interpretation.

It was very easy but literally the dullest thing in the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's wrong with biology?
Original post by kkboyk
Taking Biology has become the biggest mistake in my entire life.

I feel you. I dropped it at the start of yr13
Reply 59
Original post by Tiara006
What's wrong with biology?

So tedious and really long, plus mark scheme is annoying and picky.

Quick Reply

Latest