The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

accommodation

I am planning to rent a flat instead of go into halls, but I might apply for halls just in case.
Would I be able to reject halls if I got a place but decide to get a flat instead?
Original post by Riverstar
I am planning to rent a flat instead of go into halls, but I might apply for halls just in case.
Would I be able to reject halls if I got a place but decide to get a flat instead?

Hi!

I was just wondering if you'd heard of us? (Collegiate) You said you were hoping to rent a flat instead of go into halls and I know how expensive renting a private flat for uni can be, so I thought I'd let you know about us. We have a few sites in Glasgow that I think would be brilliant for you, as they are like halls but with the privacy of a privately rented flat. Also the bills are all inclusive and we have on-site teams to help you along! http://www.collegiate-ac.com/uk-student-accommodation/glasgow Is the link to our Glasgow accommodation if you were interested :tongue:

Otherwise well done on University and good luck for the future! Be careful not to get ripped off with a flat as that's what I've seen happen too many times.

Amelia xx :bl:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2

Is your offer conditional or unconditional?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Treen98
Is your offer conditional or unconditional?

Posted from TSR Mobile

unconditional
Reply 4
For an unconditional offer you apply and then they send you an accommodation offer and a deadline for a deposit which would not be returned if you decided not to take your residential room unless it can be filled so once you apply you only have so long to decide or lose the offer but if you take too long to apply you may risk getting an offer for a decent room

Hi Riverstar,

You should apply for University accommodation soon, so your chances of getting an offer for your top choices are higher! :wink:

You can have a look at our Accommodation Website to learn more about the different sites we offer. In University Accommodation you will be sharing with other UofG students doing the same course as you (1st year or later year undergraduate/postgraduate), so it's a great place to meet people! :h:

This is our Cancelation Policy:

.Right to cancel: Students can cancel their contract within 7 working days, beginning on the day after accepting the agreement. The full £450 prepayment will be refunded.

.If cancelled before 22nd August: The £450 prepayment is refunded but a £25 administration fee will be charged.Students get back £425.

.If cancelled on or after 22nd August and 1 day prior to the contract start date: The £450 prepayment is not refunded.

.If cancelled on or after entry date: The £450 prepayment will not be refunded and the students will be liable for the fees for the full duration of the contract until a suitable replacement is found.

.Withdrawals: If withdrawing from University, students will be charged for the number of nights they have stayed in accommodation plus 28 days from leaving day.

Best wishes :smile:
Sandra
Accommodation Services

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending