The Student Room Group

Help me pick a cat!

So I'll be moving into my new flat in just over 2 months and I really want to get a cat. But I have no idea which breed. Any suggestions and why?

I need some pussy in my life.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Novascope
So I'll be moving into my new flat in just over 2 months and I really want to get a cat. But I have no idea which breed. Any suggestions and why?

Moggies are the best
Burmese ftw. they are very intelligent & great company.
Reply 3
Omg that kind of cat looks like it could help me plot evil things.

American shorthair :emog:

Spoiler

Reply 6
Original post by ForestShadow
x

Stfu lool. I honestly do want a cat.
Sphynx cat (hairless one)
Reply 8
Original post by iEthan
American shorthair :emog:

Spoiler

Sweet jesus that is a gorgeous cat :colondollar:
Sweet jesus that is a gorgeous cat :colondollar:

Ikr :love: very pretty

Sphynxs are among the cutest would definitely go with that!
Reply 11
Original post by jedanselemyia
Sphynx cat (hairless one)

Omg it feels like I haven't seen you on here in like forever. Those hairless ones kinda scare me though haha
this is socrates

get a cat like socrates.
I would focus more on the personality of the cat, rather than the breed. Pick one which has a nice personality and is suited to your house environment (an indoor cat, for example) :smile:
I'd recommend getting one from a shelter. There are so many friendly, intelligent, and cats with great personalities just waiting to be adopted. I have 2 and got both from a shelter and they're both awesome.
Original post by Sabertooth
I'd recommend getting one from a shelter. There are so many friendly, intelligent, and cats with great personalities just waiting to be adopted. I have 2 and got both from a shelter and they're both awesome.

Actually, this is the best advice here ^^^^^^

I got Onion's mum from a shelter and she was lovely and relaxed, amazing cat :emog:
Omg it feels like I haven't seen you on here in like forever. Those hairless ones kinda scare me though haha

It's because it's true 🙈 haha

alright 😂

Siamese cats are gorgeous
image.jpeg
Reply 17
Original post by Leviathan1741
I would focus more on the personality of the cat, rather than the breed. Pick one which has a nice personality and is suited to your house environment (an indoor cat, for example) :smile:

Oh yeah most defo. I'll look at cats that can cope in a small flat. We have a little balcony bit but I doubt it'll be much use to the cat anyway

Original post by Sabertooth

Yeah I was planning to. I don't see the point in spending loads on a cat from a breeder when there's cats waiting for homes already.
I'm in love
Persian cat. Fluffy and white. :heart:

Quick Reply

Latest