The Student Room Group

Muslim girls, how would you feel if your husband came out as bisexual?

Basically I'm sexually attracted to both guys and girls. But I'm also a Muslim, so I don't do anything sexual with guys. And I am saving my virginity until marriage. I try to be a good Muslim in general, even if I do struggle to pray regularly.

But how would you feel if your husband/bf told you he was also attracted to guys? Would this be a major problem? I want to be open to my wife/gf but I'm not sure if I should keep this hidden :redface:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Basically I'm sexually attracted to both guys and girls. But I'm also a Muslim, so I don't do anything sexual with guys. And I am saving my virginity until marriage. I try to be a good Muslim in general, even if I do struggle to pray regularly.

But how would you feel if your husband/bf told you he was also attracted to guys? Would this be a major problem? I want to be open to my wife/gf but I'm not sure if I should keep this hidden :redface:

Meh idk I don't think it would be that much of a problem for me. I think it would be the same for others girls aswell as long as you told them before marriage and you haven't been romantically involved with a guy before :smile:

:lolwut:
:facepalm:.

There is a big difference between sexual orientation and sexual activity.
Reply 4
Many gay people, even in a relationship are actually celibate.... But yeah, if OP doesn't do anything sexual with other men then it's not really breaking any rules.
Idk what to think
Unless you had a previous relationship with a guy I wouldn't be too worried. But ngl I would be worried every time you hang out with your friends
I'm not Muslim but I'll say what I think may happen.

If you find a girl who loves you to pieces and you love her back, I'm sure she'd be fine as long as she can see that you love her.
If you're saving your virginity til marriage I don't see why you'd need to tell her as you'd only ever be with her - a female...idk :/
Reply 9
Threesome?)))

On serious note, I wouldnt care, even if you did something. Its Normal today's day and age.
Original post by samina_ay
Idk what to think

mind boggling
Some will care, some won't. A lot of Muslim girls are from conservative backgrounds so may not by keen by the idea, which is very stupid considering you can't help how you feel. Sexual attraction is NOT a choice, regardless, if they love you, they won't care and I hope you find someone who will accept you one day.
Original post by Proxenus
mind boggling

Truly is
If I love my husband, him being bisexual wouldn't change how I feel about him. As long as he's still the same as before (in terms of how we interact etc.).
I'd be put off. Idk why exactly but it'd be weird
Reply 15
im a muslim girl so i think i could help you here. is our wife/gf muslim? if so she will be very confused and i believe she might question whether you are the right person for her. take time to think and figure out if you definitely are Bi and whether you believe in islamic values, because you should know it is severely haram to be bi/trans/gay. i personally dont have a problem with people from the LGBTQ community btw. you can always talk to me if you need support/advice :smile:
Original post by Tsrsarah
as long as you told them before marriage

This.

Some will run away screaming, but that's much better than them doing so after marriage.

Presumably you know about imaan.org.uk ?
The fact is I'm attracted to guys too. Just that I don't act upon it due to religious reasons.

Original post by samina_ay
Idk what to think

That what I thought many would think. I've tried to put myself in that position and don't know how I would feel :lol:

Unless you had a previous relationship with a guy I wouldn't be too worried. But ngl I would be worried every time you hang out with your friends

Lmao, I wouldn't be acting on it. I've made it so far not sleeping with any girl or guy, I trust myself for the future too.

Original post by Biryani007
If you're saving your virginity til marriage I don't see why you'd need to tell her as you'd only ever be with her - a female...idk :/

Idk, I just feel like I'd want to be honest. Like I don't want to hide things from my future wife, I just feel like I'd want a wife who knows me inside out and loves me for who I am.

Original post by lNurl
Threesome?)))

On serious note, I wouldnt care, even if you did something. Its Normal today's day and age.

I imagine many would be put off. I'm not camp or anything irl, I just have this attraction in my head :lol: some Muslim girls come from conservative backgrounds :redface:
Original post by najah:)
im a muslim girl so i think i could help you here. is our wife/gf muslim? if so she will be very confused and i believe she might question whether you are the right person for her. take time to think and figure out if you definitely are Bi and whether you believe in islamic values, because you should know it is severely haram to be bi/trans/gay. i personally dont have a problem with people from the LGBTQ community btw. you can always talk to me if you need support/advice :smile:

In Islam it's not haram to be gay/ bi but it is if you act on those desires and by the way the OP is talking he doesn't plan on having sexual interactions with men anyways, so I don't understand why it'd be a problem.
i will get him to have male,male,female threesomes with me !! :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending