The Student Room Group

I hate revising

How do i get myself to revise, i just cant
Me neither :cry2:
I actually like it once things click and I can do the work
Have you tried making a revision timetable? It doesn't have to be complicated, just decide which topics you're going to revise each day, ticking them off as you learn them. Once you organise your work and start actually seeing your progress, it might help you to become more motivated :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
Have you tried making a revision timetable? It doesn't have to be complicated, just decide which topics you're going to revise each day, ticking them off as you learn them. Once you organise your work and start actually seeing your progress, it might help you to become more motivated :smile:

I tried making a timetable, and it went straight out the window on the first day. :/
Original post by Abstract_Prism
I tried making a timetable, and it went straight out the window on the first day. :/

Not everyone is able to stick to them, but they're useful if you can :yes:
Original post by muzzy.s

When's your first exam? Can you imagine yourself getting U's on your results day - i hope not then you have to revise to achieve those grades :wink:
Reply 7
What even is revision
Me too. Got an exam next week, so I should really be revising. But, I've just been sacking it off.
Reply 9
This is one of the good things that happen after leaving uni. You don't live with that sword of Damocles that makes you guilty for enjoying life (eg. "I have this ****ing essay to write, why I am doing that?", or "I shouldn't watch this, I have my exams next week. I hate myself.").

You however have to write job applications. :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash:
Original post by muzzy.s

Think about what will motivate you i.e:
Money
Future Job
Sense of Satisfaction
Showing other people you can do it
That kind of stuff :tongue:
Reply 11
revision timetables never work for me! I can never stick to them and then I get even more stressed out and do less work:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest