The Student Room Group

National Youth Theatre (NYT) audition results

Has anybody who auditioned for NYT heard about whether or not they got a place on any of the courses yet? When you do find out, post it here so we know roughly when we'll all find out!! Good luck everyone :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

I haven't heard yet and I auditioned months ago! They said we'd hear in April so I guess anytime soon? Although it seems that there still auditioning so I have no idea! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by musicgirl98
I haven't heard yet and I auditioned months ago! They said we'd hear in April so I guess anytime soon? Although it seems that there still auditioning so I have no idea! :smile:

Omg if they're still auditioning then we won't hear for ages 😂. When did you audition? - mine was on the 21st of February haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
They said we'd find out by the end of April, I believe they finished intake auditions a few weeks ago. That doesn't necessarily mean at the end of April though, I think they have to leave a time frame, they don't seem to release it at the same date each year, so I think when they release the results it's a bit of a spontaneous thing (2 years ago they released the results on the 9th of April, last year they released them on the 23rd of April) if that makes any sense.
I hope your audition went well, was it your first time auditioning? Don't worry, we will get the results very soon, the email seems to take me by surprise when I receive it :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Faithyxox
They said we'd find out by the end of April, I believe they finished intake auditions a few weeks ago. That doesn't necessarily mean at the end of April though, I think they have to leave a time frame, they don't seem to release it at the same date each year, so I think when they release the results it's a bit of a spontaneous thing (2 years ago they released the results on the 9th of April, last year they released them on the 23rd of April) if that makes any sense.
I hope your audition went well, was it your first time auditioning? Don't worry, we will get the results very soon, the email seems to take me by surprise when I receive it :smile:

Thank you so much! Hopefully that means we'll be finding out soon 😁! I think my audition went well haha, but obviously it all depends on what they thought! It was my first time, so I've not got my hopes up aha! How about you? I'm assuming you've auditioned before?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blinx2100
Thank you so much! Hopefully that means we'll be finding out soon 😁! I think my audition went well haha, but obviously it all depends on what they thought! It was my first time, so I've not got my hopes up aha! How about you? I'm assuming you've auditioned before?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah this year is my 3rd time auditioning. The first time I auditioned I think I did quite well, but I don't think I was ready. Last year I wasn't as prepared, which showed in my monologue. This year I think I did my monologue well (I decided to choose a bit of an unusual one), but yeah I know not to get my hopes up as I could see there were a lot of talented people there. I hope you enjoyed your audition as much as I did :smile: x
Reply 6
Yeah this year is my 3rd time auditioning. The first time I auditioned I think I did quite well, but I don't think I was ready. Last year I wasn't as prepared, which showed in my monologue. This year I think I did my monologue well (I decided to choose a bit of an unusual one), but yeah I know not to get my hopes up as I could see there were a lot of talented people there. I hope you enjoyed your audition as much as I did :smile: x

Ooh well 3rd times a charm! I've heard they're a lot more likely to take in repeat auditionees! I really did enjoy it, I'm glad you did too! Acting is just such a passion of mine an it's all I can see myself doing so I really do hope I get in, but if not then there's always next year! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooh well 3rd times a charm! I've heard they're a lot more likely to take in repeat auditionees! I really did enjoy it, I'm glad you did too! Acting is just such a passion of mine an it's all I can see myself doing so I really do hope I get in, but if not then there's always next year! x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha when I told one of the ambassadors that this was my 3rd time they were like 'oooh this is your year!', so fingers crossed, they didn't give me much specific feedback on my monologue though so its a bit of a mystery aha, but I'm not overthinking it because I know I did myself proud anyway :smile:
Don't worry, two of my friends got into the NYT the first time (one was 14/15 one was 16), so you still have a good chance :smile: x
Reply 8
Aha when I told one of the ambassadors that this was my 3rd time they were like 'oooh this is your year!', so fingers crossed, they didn't give me much specific feedback on my monologue though so its a bit of a mystery aha, but I'm not overthinking it because I know I did myself proud anyway :smile:
Don't worry, two of my friends got into the NYT the first time (one was 14/15 one was 16), so you still have a good chance :smile: x

Haha I will be your year, you've got this! On my monologue they made me redo it, in a completely different character 😂😁 I think I winged it well enough though haha! Ooh good to know! I'm 16, so hopefully I'm the perfect age lol! How old are you? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha I will be your year, you've got this! On my monologue they made me redo it, in a completely different character 😂😁 I think I winged it well enough though haha! Ooh good to know! I'm 16, so hopefully I'm the perfect age lol! How old are you? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm 16 too, they also made me redo the first half of it. I played a schizophrenic girl (as I mentioned before this monologue was a bit risky aha) and they asked me to redo it but as if I was acting completely normal, even though what I was saying was absolutely crazy. In the second half my monologue got a bit awkward to say the least (I basically groped myself lol) and I think they could tell that it was a bit awkward to do it, especially that the person I performed it in front of was a guy! (My mum was like WHAAAAAT when I told her), but hey, I took a risk, and whether it paid off we shall see :smile:, did you do contemporary or Shakespeare?
Reply 10
I'm 16 too, they also made me redo the first half of it. I played a schizophrenic girl (as I mentioned before this monologue was a bit risky aha) and they asked me to redo it but as if I was acting completely normal, even though what I was saying was absolutely crazy. In the second half my monologue got a bit awkward to say the least (I basically groped myself lol) and I think they could tell that it was a bit awkward to do it, especially that the person I performed it in front of was a guy! (My mum was like WHAAAAAT when I told her), but hey, I took a risk, and whether it paid off we shall see :smile:, did you do contemporary or Shakespeare?

Funnily enough my situation was very similar to yours! I was originally playing a 31 year old child murderer with the mental age of an 8 year old (it's from such a weird play that I did for my AS Scripted piece called the Pillowman), and then when they asked me to redo it, they made me play it as a normal, yet probably psychopathic because of the content, 16 year old! I think I pulled it off, although the stopped me halfway on the second time so that's either a really good thing or really bad thing haha! And omg that would've been so weird, but risks pay off so it could've been worth it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Funnily enough my situation was very similar to yours! I was originally playing a 31 year old child murderer with the mental age of an 8 year old (it's from such a weird play that I did for my AS Scripted piece called the Pillowman), and then when they asked me to redo it, they made me play it as a normal, yet probably psychopathic because of the content, 16 year old! I think I pulled it off, although the stopped me halfway on the second time so that's either a really good thing or really bad thing haha! And omg that would've been so weird, but risks pay off so it could've been worth it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's nice to know someone else my age took a risk, that monologue sound quite interesting! :smile: xxx
Reply 12
It's nice to know someone else my age took a risk, that monologue sound quite interesting! :smile: xxx

"Oh, see with that one. With the 'I swear on my life that I didn't kill those three children' - I was kinda playing a trick on you. Sorry Katurian! I know it was wrong really, but it was very interesting though..the little boy was just like you said he'd be. You see, I chopped of his toes and he didn't scream at all, he just sat there..staring at them. He seemed very surprised - well I suppose you would be at that age...His name was Aaron! He had a funny little hat, n kept on going on about his mum! God he bled a lot..you wouldn't have thought there'd be that much blood in such a little boy!..then he stopped bleeding and went blue. Poor thing. I feel quite bad now, he seemed quite nice! 'Can I go home to my mummy now? Please?!' The little girl was a pain in the ass though! She kept bawling her eyes out, and she wouldn't eat them! She wouldn't eat the applemen, and I'd spent ages making them, cos you don't say how to put the razor blades inside do ya?! Eh, I checked. Anyway, I had to force them down her! It only took two..not being mean or anything, but at least that shut her up!....it's really hard to get out of your clothes isn't it..blood. You try washing your shirt tomorrow you'll see!..Katurian?..eh I'll wash it for ya if you want! I'm getting quite good at it!" - voila 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
"Oh, see with that one. With the 'I swear on my life that I didn't kill those three children' - I was kinda playing a trick on you. Sorry Katurian! I know it was wrong really, but it was very interesting though..the little boy was just like you said he'd be. You see, I chopped of his toes and he didn't scream at all, he just sat there..staring at them. He seemed very surprised - well I suppose you would be at that age...His name was Aaron! He had a funny little hat, n kept on going on about his mum! God he bled a lot..you wouldn't have thought there'd be that much blood in such a little boy!..then he stopped bleeding and went blue. Poor thing. I feel quite bad now, he seemed quite nice! 'Can I go home to my mummy now? Please?!' The little girl was a pain in the ass though! She kept bawling her eyes out, and she wouldn't eat them! She wouldn't eat the applemen, and I'd spent ages making them, cos you don't say how to put the razor blades inside do ya?! Eh, I checked. Anyway, I had to force them down her! It only took two..not being mean or anything, but at least that shut her up!....it's really hard to get out of your clothes isn't it..blood. You try washing your shirt tomorrow you'll see!..Katurian?..eh I'll wash it for ya if you want! I'm getting quite good at it!" - voila 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, I wonder how the people reacted when you performed that lool, that's really interesting. I can't remember my monologue in its entirety, but the awkward bit was 'Benny Hill halfway down my brassiere...ooh Benny that really hurts! It's okay, you can touch my (insert rude word here which I cringe typing lol) instead'
Reply 14
Wow, I wonder how the people reacted when you performed that lool, that's really interesting. I can't remember my monologue in its entirety, but the awkward bit was 'Benny Hill halfway down my brassiere...ooh Benny that really hurts! It's okay, you can touch my (insert rude word here which I cringe typing lol) instead'

I was too sort of, like, "in the zone" to even know how they reacted 😂 but everyone else I've done it to thought it was great! Omg hahaha what's that from??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was too sort of, like, "in the zone" to even know how they reacted 😂 but everyone else I've done it to thought it was great! Omg hahaha what's that from??

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's from a play called 'Find Me' I did at GCSE. Oh yeah, another funny line I remember is 'who do you want to have an orgy with?' The guy auditioning me understood the fact that the character I was playing was, well, mental (but with lines like that who wouldn't lool)
Reply 16
It's from a play called 'Find Me' I did at GCSE. Oh yeah, another funny line I remember is 'who do you want to have an orgy with?' The guy auditioning me understood the fact that the character I was playing was, well, mental (but with lines like that who wouldn't lool)

Hahaha how did your school even let you do that for GCSE 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahaha how did your school even let you do that for GCSE 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

A lot of GCSE plays nowadays have bad language in it, plus that language is only really in that monologue, it's not really repeated elsewhere in the play. I guess some people avoided that monologue lool. I've seen some GCSE plays, and a lot of them are very dark, I guess it makes it interesting to act :smile:
Hi!

I just received an offer less than an hour ago for the senior course.

So if anyone else is on the course so hi!

Good luck everyone!!
Reply 19
Original post by sianmorgan124
Hi!

I just received an offer less than an hour ago for the senior course.

So if anyone else is on the course so hi!

Good luck everyone!!

Heyy well done, that's amazing!! Unfortunately I didn't get a place, but there's always next year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending