The Student Room Group

Why having good looks is rated more than a good heart?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Goaded
But that's rlly creepy

Well he did it to @Ethereal World. He objectifies women and treats white girls in particularly as trophies. Stay away from him.
Original post by Youngmetro
Well he did it to @Ethereal World. He objectifies women and treats white girls in particularly as trophies. Stay away from him.

To be fair to Awesome Genius, all of that was a joke... He just trolls on here. I didn't find it offensive nor do I feel like a trophy.
They are different things though. Just because people people think about looks firsts, just means they go for whats important to them, may be shallow, but so what. Not everyones destines to be nice or a rounded human being. Be shallow and proud of it.
The guy I'm currently crushing on is sweeter than sugar, so nice. But it was his looks that attracted me first, if I hadn't liked his looks, we probably would have never started talking.
Original post by Ethereal World
To be fair to Awesome Genius, all of that was a joke... He just trolls on here. I didn't find it offensive nor do I feel like a trophy.

Doesnt take away the fact that he often objectifies women, not necessarily you. It did seem like a joke, but you seemed pretty pissed with him after lol :biggrin:
Original post by BrokenLife
Guys, excluding the romantic relationship part, just focus on how some people only focus on looks or someone's clothes to determine whether to be friends with that person or not.

That is REAL worrying.

I really don't know anyone like this, and would tell them to f*** off if I did :dontknow:
Original post by Youngmetro
Doesn't take away the fact that he often objectifies women, not necessarily you. It did seem like a joke, but you seemed pretty pissed with him after lol :biggrin:

well yeah, but then it's just TSR- if he was genuinely serious irl then I would take issue.

You can't really take things at face value on here :moon:
Most people prefer instant gratification, someone who's good looking provides that. Someone who isn't but has a good heart is someone that you first need to get to know and that only provides delayed gratification.
I don't think it is in general, I mean both matter, but personality definitely has a higher weighting imo.
Its just sickening to see tbh. I understand that a pleasant face is attractive etc but I've seen so many people who base their judgements on other's looks. Its rather immature and so ignorant. I'm only making this thread because I know a guy who literally judge everyone on their looks and their clothes. Unfortunately, I get to see him everyday and he makes fun of everyone and I cannot stand him.

I feel sad for such people. Looks is temporary guys, hearts stays the same. Yes, attraction in a relationship is crucial but judging some and making fun of them or what they wear is indicative of your own personality, morals, immaturity and values. Such beings need to grow up and fix their minds.

BL this is absolutely why I love you. And why you and indeterminate are so so perfect together.

You're so different to a lot of people and I love it, you're so real.

Always be you.
I just want to make clear to the absolute moron who keeps making comments about me - shut up, no one cares what you think. You are so pathetic that I will not even speak directly to you.
Original post by Eternalflames
The guy I'm currently crushing on is sweeter than sugar, so nice. But it was his looks that attracted me first, if I hadn't liked his looks, we probably would have never started talking.

Haha well, in a relationship which involves romance, you have to have attraction but I mean some people consider other's look or styling crucial to even be friends with them. Now, that, imo is too far.

Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
I really don't know anyone like this, and would tell them to f*** off if I did :dontknow:

You, Sir, are one lucky being! I know this guy and he pisses me off. I have never came across such a immature, rude, ignorant and arrogant person of my age. I told him that too but he got angry. Errmm..okayyy then, Idec.

Original post by Ethereal World
BL this is absolutely why I love you. And why you and indeterminate are so so perfect together.

You're so different to a lot of people and I love it, you're so real.

Always be you.

Omg, seriously, EW, this is one of the very basic thing that everyone knows that judging someone on their looks is bad. You're just too nice to us! :biggrin:

We of course love you so much!:h:

I'll always be like this though :biggrin: Always here for you :h:
Couldnt have said it any better
Looks are important but will fade
You will grow old and get wrinkles
But certain aspects of the persons personality will stay :smile: and personality meams alot more to me than looks:yep:
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Couldnt have said it any better
Looks are important but will fade
You will grow old and get wrinkles
But certain aspects of the persons personality will stay :smile: and personality meams alot more to me than looks:yep:

Get in, TNTT! :five:
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Get in, TNTT! :five:

:biggrin:
I think they are both equally important is just looks is the first thing you see in somone.

Personality is something that takes time. Many people don't have time to assess that person's personality if they're not close to them so they use looks as a 'summary' of that person. Quick and easy.

Also with looks you can kind of 'sense' what they're like. If you see a hench guy who always where tight clothing you know he's a scumbag for example.

To answer your question.....its just more people prefer to have a good looking partner with avg personality than avg looks good personality because they're more of a visual person
Genuine kindness is actually also kind of sexy...
Original post by Awesome Genius
I just want to make clear to the absolute moron who keeps making comments about me - shut up, no one cares what you think. You are so pathetic that I will not even speak directly to you.

LOL That outburst made me laugh!
Haha well, in a relationship which involves romance, you have to have attraction but I mean some people consider other's look or styling crucial to even be friends with them. Now, that, imo is too far.

Yes, I agree. That is too far and so shallow.
Good hearts soon turn mean or depressed

Quick Reply

Latest