The Student Room Group

Sixth Form Year 12 Mocks

Hello TSR,

I'm looking for advice based on experience. Basically, I just sat my Year 12 mocks and there's a set of pass grades that we need to hit and we were told that we would have a meeting of some sort if we don't achieve those grades. Do people get kicked out of sixth form when they don't hit the minimum grades or do they have to retake the year? Please tell me what has happened based on experience and I would really appreciate it as I am crazily worried right now and have been for the entire week and it's really getting to me (the anticipation).

Thanks
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by Mahel
Hello TSR,

I'm looking for advice based on experience. Basically, I just sat my Year 12 mocks and there's a set of pass grades that we need to hit and we were told that we would have a meeting of some sort if we don't achieve those grades. Do people get kicked out of sixth form when they don't hit the minimum grades or do they have to retake the year? Please tell me what has happened based on experience and I would really appreciate it as I am crazily worried right now and have been for the entire week and it's really getting to me (the anticipation).

Thanks

I'm not sure about the policy of your Sixth Form (is it usually quite strict?), but no one got kicked out of mine when they didn't reach their targets in mocks. I doubt you will need to retake the year.
It is just a mock, and I suppose they just want to speak to people to track their progress and ensure they get the best grades possible. :smile:
In my sixth form, you would never get kicked out for a mock. We need a minimum of D's to move on to A2.

Quick Reply

Latest