The Student Room Group

what do girls prefer here, tall but narrow, or short but wide?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Fenugreek
Its just cringey to look at.
You must have pretty broad shoulders to play rugby.

Not really, very proportionate and I'm quite small.

I'm fast and strong. As I got older and other girls got bigger I couldn't be in the scrums anymore cause my shoulder and general body was too small and skinny, but I played scrum half, centre, left wing and fall back for the latter years. At first I played loosehead prop or number 8
Original post by Biryani007
I was kidding, I don't believe getting a bf will solve any of the issues I have XD

I'm sure we've spoken about this before actually...you believing no one would want to invest in you unless there was some attraction, so it was easier for you to find a girlfriend rather than a friend? I remember disagreeing with you on that but whatever :tongue:

Why were you then saying you NEEDED a girlfriend?
We all have issues of our own, you'll both be getting to know one another now - you'll come to know of any problems she has and she'll find out about yours...Having problems doesn't make you any less wonderful, if she doesn't like you for all your craziness then she can go...

Lol, dw, I know that. I was just... Not entertaining your humour because I'm in a bad mood -__-

Did I really say I needed one? I'm sure I meant I needed a friend and by extension of the previous line of logic that meant I'd most likely end up with a girlfriend before another type of friend... Still desperate times call for the desperate measures and stuff.

No. The sad sad problem is that I can't really see her as more than a friend I do sexy things with and I don't know why... I guess we're just too different. But what makes it worse is that she seems to really like me. And now I've gone and made her get ****ing contraception when she's gone 21 years without it ffs. I feel so bad you know. So bad.
Original post by Goaded
Not really, very proportionate and I'm quite small.

I'm fast and strong. As I got older and other girls got bigger I couldn't be in the scrums anymore cause my shoulder and general body was too small and skinny, but I played scrum half, centre, left wing and fall back for the latter years. At first I played loosehead prop or number 8

5'6 kinda tall for a girl
Reply 63
Original post by Fenugreek
5'6 kinda tall for a girl

It's about average in my experience. And tall doesn't mean anything lol. I could be 6'2 but that wouldn't make me a sufficient driving force in rugby for people are much heavier than myself
Original post by TorpidPhil
Lol, dw, I know that. I was just... Not entertaining your humour because I'm in a bad mood -__-

Did I really say I needed one? I'm sure I meant I needed a friend and by extension of the previous line of logic that meant I'd most likely end up with a girlfriend before another type of friend... Still desperate times call for the desperate measures and stuff.

No. The sad sad problem is that I can't really see her as more than a friend I do sexy things with and I don't know why... I guess we're just too different. But what makes it worse is that she seems to really like me. And now I've gone and made her get ****ing contraception when she's gone 21 years without it ffs. I feel so bad you know. So bad.

Yeah that's what you meant...I questioned why you said you needed one and you explained :smile:

So you're not attracted to her? You can't have made her do it without her wanting it herself...
If you don't feel for her like she does for you you can't string her along...it's not fair on her..
Original post by Biryani007
Yeah that's what you meant...I questioned why you said you needed one and you explained :smile:

So you're not attracted to her? You can't have made her do it without her wanting it herself...
If you don't feel for her like she does for you you can't string her along...it's not fair on her..

Well that's the thing. I've never done any of this before. I've only ever had arbitrarily contrived infatuations with people I wasn't even friends with! Never followed through on it. But with this girl I was never infatuated with her to start with because **** happened quite quick - we met through online dating so it's just getting to know each other via texting and dates.

I assumed that I would become romantically attracted to her over time. I can't really see myself raising a family with her. I don't really want to allow her to meet my parents. Still do like her personality though and **** I still want to talk her for long walks around the park by the lakeside.

But love at first sight is not how it works anyway. And to be fair we've done a lot more sexual things than romantic things anyway tbh, so maybe I just need to do romantic things with her more!

Yet I'm scared of doing that because what if it doesn't work??? I don't catch on more significant feelings beyond that of a good friend and she literally falls for me? I just made it worse...

It is hard to read given my inexperience...

I think I probably just need to give it more time and stop ****ing worrying.
Original post by Proxenus
strong is ok but being muscular is a bad thing. avoid rugby players. stay safe

The thing is though, out of all the boys and men I've met, the rugby players are the kindest and most gentle!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The downside of having broad shoulders is everyone is in your ****ing way when walking down the street.

Quick Reply