The Student Room Group

Eton is cheaper in terms of contact time

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hezzlington
No school is worth that much! But some of these places (eton included) are incredibly beautiful and Hogwartsy and I'd of loved to go there. My secondary school failed ofsted inspection, had a failing infrastructure (you can literally punch holes through the walls. We used to pass food to friends in other lessons), terribly bad teachers. If I'm ever rich, I'd want my kids to go somewhere with a rich history and amazing architecture, (and of course brilliant teachers).

I agree - it really isn't worth that amount of money. However, I'm a scholar so I don't pay that :colone:
Original post by Trapz99
Well, my school does have more people getting into Oxbridge and RG unis than private schools do, so I'd say it is better.

Which grammar school would this be? Because I'm calling ******** on that. Also, Oxbridge is not the be-all-and-end-all.
Original post by AmazingArry
It's white lodge isn't it... I bet it is the RB school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No? My friend went to the Royal Ballet School though! Hated it.
Original post by ivybridge
Which grammar school would this be? Because I'm calling ******** on that. Also, Oxbridge is not the be-all-and-end-all.

I'm not going to tell you my school, am I? But last year, 80 out of 135 students went to either Oxbridge or other RG unis. Without paying for an expensive education

I don't know about MORE than private schools, but the grammar school in my town had tons of Oxbridge/RG entrants. 98.4% A* - C grades or something like that.

I'm so jealous of you people at nice schools/unis :frown:

I go to a RG uni and it means **** all.
Reply 25
Everybody here talking about 41k private schools and here I am self-teaching with a quid a month at the library. :lol:
Original post by Zacken
Everybody here talking about 41k private schools and here I am self-teaching with a quid a month at the library. :lol:

:holmes: food for thought…
Original post by Zacken

You know state school is free, right?
Original post by Trapz99
You know state school is free, right?

:holmes:

either way, seems to work perfectly well for Z :yep:
It's about £41,000 a year for boarders I believe. And that's excluding books, food (apart from dinner), trips, Easter revision classes, etc.etc.

Kings Ely isn't worth even £20,000 in my opinion :lol:

What about tonbridge and hurtwood?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iEthan

:holmes:

either way, seems to work perfectly well for Z :yep:

Lol yeah but I'm sure they have schools in Mauritius as well. I don't know how he's self teaching everything- how is he so flipping clever?
Nah, I have a few friends at The Leys. The Leys is less expensive, as is Haileybury, Bishops Stortford College, New Hall, Felsted etc.etc.

My bro went bishops, I bailed and went to public school because I thought I would have to play soggy biscuit to pass the time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trapz99
I'm not going to tell you my school, am I? But last year, 80 out of 135 students went to either Oxbridge or other RG unis. Without paying for an expensive education

Then don't make the claims. Plenty of schools around the country get vast numbers into Oxbridge every year and then get another hefty sum into American elites. It really doesn't matter though does it? Oxbridge and the Ivies are not everything and I know quite a lot of people with literally all A*s who didn't want to even apply to either for various reasons. It's not really a sufficient measure of who's good and who isn't.

I don't know about MORE than private schools, but the grammar school in my town had tons of Oxbridge/RG entrants. 98.4% A* - C grades or something like that.

I'm so jealous of you people at nice schools/unis :frown:

I go to a RG uni and it means **** all.

I meant I was calling ******** on the premise that it has gotten more people into Oxbridge in a year than any other school in the country. And more so how that made it better... lol just no.

:frown: Sorry

Fairs - why?
Original post by drandy76
My bro went bishops, I bailed and went to public school because I thought I would have to play soggy biscuit to pass the time

Posted from TSR Mobile

Um... yeah... all of those rumours about private schools aren't true.
Um... yeah... all of those rumours about private schools aren't true.

I know lol, I was 11 would've believed anything at that age

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know lol, I was 11 would've believed anything at that age

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mhm. You do know Bishops Stortford College is a unisex school, don't you? Like, girls do hail there? :lol:
Then don't make the claims. Plenty of schools around the country get vast numbers into Oxbridge every year and then get another hefty sum into American elites. It really doesn't matter though does it? Oxbridge and the Ivies are not everything and I know quite a lot of people with literally all A*s who didn't want to even apply to either for various reasons. It's not really a sufficient measure of who's good and who isn't.

I meant I was calling ******** on the premise that it has gotten more people into Oxbridge in a year than any other school in the country. And more so how that made it better... lol just no.

:frown: Sorry

Fairs - why?

RG status just doesn't affect you as an undergraduate. Boasting about going to a RG university is beyond pointless. (I'd say that boasting about what uni you go to is pointless as well..but..then again this is TSR).
Mhm. You do know Bishops Stortford College is a unisex school, don't you? Like, girls do hail there? :lol:

Yeah but there's a curfew and separate halls of residence(I think that's what you call it), either way my beliefs at the time weren't even remotely logical, was just looking for reasons not to go tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
RG status just doesn't affect you as an undergraduate. Boasting about going to a RG university is beyond pointless. (I'd say that boasting about what uni you go to is pointless as well..but..then again this is TSR).

Meh, fair enough.

Yeah but there's a curfew and separate halls of residence(I think that's what you call it), either way my beliefs at the time weren't even remotely logical, was just looking for reasons not to go tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough. I was like that when my parents wanted to send me to a boarding school in Edinburgh - heeeeeeell no.
Original post by Zacken

Because you are capable of doing that and doing it properly :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending