The Student Room Group

How can i be eligible for full scholarship money for tuition fee?

I am aiming to achieve A*s for my A level and i want to get an scholarships.
The criteria for each scholarship is different. You need to look up the exact criteria for them.
I Haven't known of a uni to give a scholarship for the fees...that's a very american thing

However look up the Unis you want to go to and it'll list all scholarships and stuff on the websites
Reply 3
Original post by dream_big
I am aiming to achieve A*s for my A level and i want to get an scholarships.

No UK uni has full scholarships for undergrads. That's what student finance is for.

For example, in England all home students qualify for a full tuition fee loan. (Not a scholarship, ie you have to pay it back depending on your earnings when you finish university). And then there's a means-tested maintenance loan depending on your household income.

But many universities do offer small (£2-£3k) scholarships to applicants with the highest grades or sometimes for sporting or other excellence. Eg Surrey, for one. http://www.surrey.ac.uk/content/undergraduate-tuition-fees-bursaries-scholarships

Are you a UK resident applying to an English university?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by jneill
No UK uni has full scholarships for undergrads. That's what student finance is for.

For example, in England all home students qualify for a full tuition fee loan. (Not a scholarship, ie you have to pay it back depending on your earnings when you finish university). And then there's a means-tested maintenance loan depending on your household income.

But many universities do offer small (£2-£3k) scholarships to applicants with the highest grades or sometimes for sporting or other excellence. Eg Surrey, for one. http://www.surrey.ac.uk/content/undergraduate-tuition-fees-bursaries-scholarships

Are you a UK resident applying to an English university?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep i am uk student indeed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by dream_big
Yep i am uk student indeed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, so your fees will covered by the student loan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most of the time by having poor parents and even then they're not full scholarships, just a couple grand per year. I think the closest thing I've heard of to what you're asking is someone being exempt from first year tuition and I haven't heard of anyone else getting that deal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending