The Student Room Group

RAF final interview help

Hello,
I've passed my PRTC, been given my intake date and my final interview is this Wednesday. Can anyone explain what the final interview consists of and if I need to revise anything before hand? I've heard it's not as in depth as your first interview
Reply 1
From what I've heard, It's just a formality (The official offering of a place in the RAF) but be too cocky as you can still fail it. I believe it's more relaxed than the first interview and advice is given about the future and whatnot.
Original post by Mr.Fellows
Hello,
I've passed my PRTC, been given my intake date and my final interview is this Wednesday. Can anyone explain what the final interview consists of and if I need to revise anything before hand? I've heard it's not as in depth as your first interview

Mr.Fellows

The final interview will be with OC AFCO, he/she will discuss your terms of service and offer of service subject to you passing basic training. He/she may ask you any questions and will guide you through the paperwork required to complete the formal offer of service.

It is not an interview as such, however you should as always be formal polite and be aware of the information you should know at this stage. He/she may for example ask you for the NERP following NEM 16? Whether you could survive on such an amount during training and how much it would leave you with after tax/accomodation? He/she needs to understand that you have fully considered all aspects of service.

Regards,
AT

Quick Reply

Latest