The Student Room Group

Writing faster

Hey,

this may sound stupid but with my English exam in about 2 weeks, I amm practicing essays everyday etc. However, I cannot write fast. When I try to speed up my writing for even 2 or 3 seconds my hands shake and all I end up doing is writing slower.

Are there any tips or someone who could suggest a way to overcome this? Are there hand exercises you can do to make them more stable as they do shake pretty bad? Apart from constant practice, what do you guys suggest?

This is a serious thread as I am worried about this so would appreciate sensible responses.

Many thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Jeff548
Hey,

this may sound stupid but with my English exam in about 2 weeks, I amm practicing essays everyday etc. However, I cannot write fast. When I try to speed up my writing for even 2 or 3 seconds my hands shake and all I end up doing is writing slower.

Are there any tips or someone who could suggest a way to overcome this? Are there hand exercises you can do to make them more stable as they do shake pretty bad? Apart from constant practice, what do you guys suggest?

This is a serious thread as I am worried about this so would appreciate sensible responses.

Many thanks

1g of coke

Joke, ask if you can nominate a scribe. They thought my handwriting was so bad it would come to that..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Ask school to get extra time. I know People in schools who get extra time for not knowing how to write properly but its worth a try.
Reply 3
Original post by George77
Ask school to get extra time. I know People in schools who get extra time for not knowing how to write properly but its worth a try.

They said no because you have to apply after prelims and it's too late now :frown:

My hands still shake like hell though and it's annoying
Reply 4
I had that same problem as you and I still do. I take history, english, geography and rmps which all require you to write a lot so you gradually are able to get faster. My tip for writing fast is to be light handed when you're holding the pen and while your writing will not be neat, do your best to make sure it's at least legible which can be quite difficult. It sounds silly but when you focus onto writing faster (at least for me) I actually end up writing slower. Another tip I could give is to reduce the amount of unnecessary information in your essays, focus on where you get the marks and write only those parts if you can.
We're all in the same boat, all the best :smile: x
Reply 5
Try and contact the SQA. Maybe they will tell your school to give you extra time.
Reply 6
Just focus on always knowing what youre going to write next and try and make sure you're writing relevant things that get you marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending