The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

England is such an unhappy country

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Parx
Look, when bias becomes the agenda in an argument - that's the point to refrain. You simply cannot say (or quantify) in any way shape or form why 620,000 white British Londoners leave London in the space of 10 years by saying that 'I understand the lifestyle in the capital isn't for everyone'. What kind of a ******** thing is that to say? Just leave it. Have your day. Have your life. Enjoy your multicultural London. Byebye.

"95% of whites moved out of Detroit after the 1960s, the formerly greatest city in America, because I understand Detroit life isn't for everyone lol lol lol"
Reply 41
Original post by Parx
Great. Now do you think that black people would ever choose to move to Wales if employment was available? Don't even pretend the answer would be yes. Of course they wouldn't. They wouldn't move to a Welsh town where they could possibly be the only black person around. So why question me? It's as if white people are just to be trodded on now. No rights.

Well, Londo nis very easy to be liked by anyone who is not white british quite honestly. It provides them great opportunity, great tolerance of their own culture, great employment and benefits, NHS access. Why don't you have an intelligent understanding of this situation? I don't mind Polish or Muslims, I just don't want them here in masses eroding our culture.

What would be your solution then? I agree with what you're saying, most immigrants orignally moved to London as it had the best employment prospects. Since more immigrants arrived, they would most likely stay with people of their own culture (increase population in London) and London still has more chances to find a job.
Completely agree mate. And I say that living in Leicester - a multicultural ****-hole.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Am I the only one who loves England, our peculiar humour and way of being?

Nope, I am rather fond of the place too, and I'm not even properly English, I'm merely an English born, Irish-Scottish hybrid. Of course it has it's flaws and I certainly wish some English and British people in general would drop the whole self loathing, self pitying act, because there is really little cause for it. This is one of the best nations on Earth you could hope to belong to.
Original post by Paul Dirac
Definitely the weather but this is probably why Britain has been so successful at cultivating the sciences. In fact the probability of producing scientists was so large that the greatest scientist of them all, Newton, simply had to come from here.

I swear my part of the country must be some microclimate bubble, because I really don't experience this notorious bad weather everybody is always harping on about. In the summer it gets way too hot and it will often go weeks on end without a single drop of rain, I would actively welcome more rain around here, my garden looks like a desert throughout most of the summer.
Bugger that it's unpatriotic people like you who need to leave the uk
Reply 46
Original post by Parx
Well I lived in America and I had similar thoughts. It was also one of the happiest times/years in my life.

Did you live in America as a child? Big difference living there as a child than as an adult.

There are no paradises. Wherever you live, you have to get up early, go out to work, pay your bills, pay your taxes, and occasionally deal with government retards. Australia isn't just about basking in the sun and "throwing another shrimp on the barbie" as if you were on some lifelong vacation.
Reply 47
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
"95% of whites moved out of Detroit after the 1960s, the formerly greatest city in America, because I understand Detroit life isn't for everyone lol lol lol"

I drove through Detoilet a couple years ago. It's a horror story.
Reply 48
Original post by dozyrosie
I have to have a good laugh at this, I was raised in Australia (born in Britain), I have lived in four of the states and travelled extensively, and though it is a great country, it is no paradise. Your picture of Australia is a joke. I have also been around Europe and other places for short but not tourist stays. There are no paradises left, People are not a happy lot with their lot, the one thing Britain does have which is our triumph over the rest of the world, is a thing we call the NHS. So you go live with the bogans, but don't ever get ill.

Brits seem to think living in Australia is like living on Ramsey Street in a 1990's episode of Neighbours. Unfortunately it's nothing like that. (I lived in Mackay QL for a while. What a complete armpit of a place)
(edited 8 years ago)
Its the 18th of April and still there is standing water and puddles on all my local golf courses, Godamn right im miserable
Original post by Parx
Great. Now do you think that black people would ever choose to move to Wales if employment was available? Don't even pretend the answer would be yes. Of course they wouldn't. They wouldn't move to a Welsh town where they could possibly be the only black person around. So why question me? It's as if white people are just to be trodded on now. No rights.

Well, Londo nis very easy to be liked by anyone who is not white british quite honestly. It provides them great opportunity, great tolerance of their own culture, great employment and benefits, NHS access. Why don't you have an intelligent understanding of this situation? I don't mind Polish or Muslims, I just don't want them here in masses eroding our culture.

Eroding....hmm. Define British culture
Original post by Greenlaner
Nope, I am rather fond of the place too, and I'm not even properly English, I'm merely an English born, Irish-Scottish hybrid. Of course it has it's flaws and I certainly wish some English and British people in general would drop the whole self loathing, self pitying act, because there is really little cause for it. This is one of the best nations on Earth you could hope to belong to.

Ethnically speaking I'm not British at all, but I agree with you, this country is indeed great but unfortunately it's the indigenous Britons themselves who constantly put the country down.

The fact is that there are more White Brits in London than any other demography so enough with the hysterics and exaggerations. People who leave London tend to do so because living there is expensive and they feel that they/their families can have a better quality of life elsewhere in the country, not because they can't stand the sight of non-Whites (and if that was the case then good riddance to bad rubbish). It's also one of the busiest cities in the world and life can be rather hectic. So yes, that sort of life isn't for everyone.
Original post by Parx
Has anyone realised? I don't know about you but when I've been abroad I have always noticed a vast difference between England and these other countries. These other countries I have been to be it, Australia, Singapore or Indonesia or as west as USA or more centrally with the likes of Spain and Italy - they all have a more identifiable culture and one which everyone buys into. They might not be the richest in the world, they might have economic problems in some countries, but they are happier as people. I don't know if there's a correlation between great weather and a slower pace of life like in a number of those countries I mentioned, and a happier existence. Everyone buys into the country, the culture and way of life. There's a stronger sense of purpose, unity and spirit.

I can't help but feel personally very unhappy in England as an Englishmen. I also can't help but feel that this country and the people here are very unhappy. My personal opinions about this range from mass immigration, to the growing ascent of Islam to things about this country such as the weather, the 24/7 way of working life in these modern times, greater pressures and economic issues from housing to health, to the rise in technology and consumerism and materialism in this economically developed country with everything on its doorstep. I just think the traditions and heritage of this country is being eroded and lots of people are unhappy, Brits and non-Brits. Lots of Brits are worried about the state of this country and where it's going. I look at immigrants who come here from Eastern Europe and working in cafes or as cleaners and wondering how they can wake up every day and be happy ... they aren't. I look at Muslims and think they can't be happy either, they don't look it. They obviously don't feel comfortable with their status in the UK on a wider level, however it's not our duty to accept them for who they are and if anything it should be the other way around. But this is a growing problem in England today, the dissipating British way of life while the mass influx of new cultures and people come to the UK without assimilating into British culture.

Then there's the economic side of this country. We are kind of too spoiled. We are one of the greatest most developed countries on this planet and are very lucky to have the opportunity to have what we have, comparatively to the world. Maybe we have too much too easy and don't make the effort? We just take things for granted. Our country is colder not just literally, but as people. We don't value family like they do in other countries and culture. Heck even America is better than here, I lived there for a year. Everyone flies the American flag there, everyone considers themself American and buys into the country. It's a different feeling alltogether.

I can't help but feel England is going nowhere and everyone is thoroughly unhappy. I'm actually considering moving out of England because it's such an unhappy life here. I spent 3 weeks in Australia and it was a breathtaking experience. Everybody happy, smiling, stupendously good weather, beautiful beaches, such a chilled and relaxed laid back culture and more than that everyone buying into the Australian way of life. No opposition, no clashes.. just Australian. It was amazing and a really peaceful and happy experience. I left there feeling really sad .. I could not believe how happy I felt as a person and it made me realise just how much I have missed out on in life by not being from a country such as that. I'd take it every day of the week over being raised in England and being an Englishmen.

Thoughts?
gawd the english are obessed with immigration.

To be quite honest...id rather be somewhere that was at least a little downbeat. If youre surrounded by sad peeps relatively youre happy. I think tis a person thing anyways.
Original post by WBZ144
The fact is that there are more White Brits in London than any other demography so enough with the hysterics and exaggerations. People who leave London tend to do so because living there is expensive and they feel that they/their families can have a better quality of life elsewhere in the country, not because they can't stand the sight of non-Whites (and if that was the case then good riddance to bad rubbish). It's also one of the busiest cities in the world and life can be rather hectic. So yes, that sort of life isn't for everyone.
honestly its nice having the variety in London. I think some people point at immigration as the problem for everything.

one think I dont understand are the long working hours particularly in London ...then again tis the same in most countries
Original post by WBZ144

Yes there are more white Brits in London - a grand total of 44% of the population. A small change from 1931 when white Brits were 98% of the population. I'm quite certain many of those whites did leave London because of all the Africans and Asians moving in. The cockneys have almost disappeared. Now their territory includes only Loughton and the surrounding areas. Anyway I guess you'll be saying the same thing when the ethnic people of this country, whose ancestors have been living here for 5000 years, are 10% of London in 2061.
Yes there are more white Brits in London - a grand total of 44% of the population. A small change from 1931 when white Brits were 98% of the population. I'm quite certain many of those whites did leave London because of all the Africans and Asians moving in. The cockneys have almost disappeared. Now their territory includes only Loughton and the surrounding areas. Anyway I guess you'll be saying the same thing when the ethnic people of this country, whose ancestors have been living here for 5000 years, are 10% of London in 2061.

Like I said: if anyone is leaving London because the sight of Africans and Asians offends them then I have no sympathy. Good riddance.
Original post by WBZ144
Like I said: if anyone is leaving London because the sight of Africans and Asians offends them then I have no sympathy. Good riddance.

I'm sure they're heartbroken after not receiving your sympathy.
I'm sure they're heartbroken after not receiving your sympathy.

And I'm sure that those Africans and Asians are losing sleep over your anger at their existence.
Original post by WBZ144
And I'm sure that those Africans and Asians are losing sleep over your anger at their existence.

Don't care whether they're sleeping 2 hours or 20 hours a day tbh.

Latest

Trending

Trending