The Student Room Group

Merkel brings in first law to help integration, companies can hire anyone.

The law stipulating that EU jobs most go to EU workers first and foremost is being suspended so that non-EU residents can apply, this is expected to open up 100,000 jobs to non-EU economic migrants and asylum seekers dwelling in Germany and is suppose to last 3 years.

This seems like a desperate measure and a double edged sword, allowing non-Germans with no proof of identity and no check-able background compete in the labor market against German and EU nationals.

I understand there will be a benefit to the economic migrants, even small German businesses, but average Joe Smidt seems like he is getting the shaft here. Another sobering thought is that Mr.Mo of 31 is going to be working beside little herr Hannah in her first job.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/apr/14/germany-unveils-integration-law-for-refugees-migrants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HanSoloLuck
The law stipulating that EU jobs most go to EU workers first and foremost is being suspended so that non-EU residents can apply, this is expected to open up 100,000 jobs to non-EU economic migrants and asylum seekers dwelling in Germany and is suppose to last 3 years.

This seems like a desperate measure and a double edged sword, allowing non-Germans with no proof of identity and no check-able background compete in the labor market against German and EU nationals.

I understand there will be a benefit to the economic migrants, even small German businesses, but average Joe Smidt seems like he is getting the shaft here. Another sobering thought is that Mr.Mo of 31 is going to be working beside little herr Hannah in her first job.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/apr/14/germany-unveils-integration-law-for-refugees-migrants

It says just asylum seekers in the article, its all very brief. You missed out the need to integrate and cuts to their benefits of they decide not to take language and culture lessons. Germans population is in decline they need people for hese low paid jobs. Its better some of them work instead of having hundreds of thousands just on benefist. All rather alarmist.
This is no surprise, the Germans have a history of trying to destroy Europe.
Original post by dozyrosie
This is no surprise, the Germans have a history of trying to destroy Europe.

Yeah they have a big history of multiculturalism. No race supremacy at all.

The Neo-Nazis like WPWW up there do not like Merkel at all.
I'm quite enjoying this match between Germany and Sweden............the sport being "let's see who can commit suicide as a country, ruin the lives of our children and cause most rape as possible to the females the fastest through recklessness and social justice warrior retardation."

Sweden is still in the lead of course but Germany has made a hail Mary play here.
Original post by HanSoloLuck

:lolwut:
All this will do is speed up the process of people realising that most of these immigrants can't integrate.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Indeed, Germany was one of the most tolerant places in Europe for Jews (the main minority back then), until the economic troubles that led to Hitler.

No it wasn't, Britain France Italy, virtually any non Germanic country was better than Germany, it just seems that way after they unleashed the holocaust. Germany was as passionately anti Jewish as any Eastern state.
Germanic peoples have not been invading Europe for centuries, they were native to Europe. They invaded other European empires, sure. As a result, pretty much every modern European has substantial Germanic blood, from the modern Greeks to the Spanish. Even the Russians - who derive their name from the Germanic Rus people.

So if you are going to confuse Germans with the Germanic peoples, then you could argue that Germans destroyed the corrupt and dictatorial Rome, and created modern, liberal, democratic, Europe.

German people are a mix of the original Europeans and Huns, part of the continuing Asian expansion into Europe.
Non-German speaking, or non Germanic? England is Germanic.

I agree the English have been bastardised by Germanics, but I am Scottish/Irish descent and untainted by the Hun.
Original post by KingBradly
All this will do is speed up the process of people realising that most of these immigrants can't integrate.

Precisely. I do believe that a great deal of it has to do with their backward beliefs (mostly inspired by Islam) and until those are not modernised, we will not have 'real' integration.
ITT : People bragging about pure bloodline because they have nothing else to be proud of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 雷尼克
Most of them can and are integrating, its a shame you're letting right-wing newspapers like the Daily Mail or Daily Express delude you into thinking that all of these immigrants are rapists. Kind of reminds me of Donald Trump's rhetoric.

"Everyone who has a different opinion to me must be gullible idiots who read rags and love Trump".

No. Grow up.
Original post by 雷尼克
Most of them can and are integrating, its a shame you're letting right-wing newspapers like the Daily Mail or Daily Express delude you into thinking that all of these immigrants are rapists. Kind of reminds me of Donald Trump's rhetoric.

People like you are the reason the far-right gets success.
Original post by 雷尼克
You insult yourself buddy. Likewise, telling me to 'grow up' doesn't negate the fact that your argument is a narrow-viewed assumption of a very complex situation.

Are you seriously calling me "narrow viewed" when you just dismissed everyone skeptical of mass Muslim immigration (a group which includes the likes of Douglas Murray and Bill Maher) as morons who get all their information from the Express and the Mail?
This seems like a sensible measure, you're a country that has taken in a sudden and according to the article now massively reduced surge of refugees, the logical thing is to give the refugees now in your country a fair shot at getting a job so your government doesn't have to keep footing the bill for everything they need and possibly have them boost your economy with the increased work force.
Original post by 雷尼克
Explain how my different interpretation of the situation is giving rise to non-existent 'far right successes'.

lol Don't give me that nonsense about how all you're doing is offering a "different interpretation". It's disingenuous and transparent. You're obnoxiously dismissing anybody with opposing views to yours as idiots who don't warrant opinions like a good little fascist.
Major respect to Germany for being so welcoming despite recent events. I really hope it doesn't bite them in the butt and provides a lasting solution to their aging population problem.
Original post by Gwilym101
This seems like a sensible measure, you're a country that has taken in a sudden and according to the article now massively reduced surge of refugees, the logical thing is to give the refugees now in your country a fair shot at getting a job so your government doesn't have to keep footing the bill for everything they need and possibly have them boost your economy with the increased work force.

Nah this is anti white racism, by getting a job Mr mo now has the tools to become an even bigger rapist.
Indeed, Germany was one of the most tolerant places in Europe for Jews (the main minority back then), until the economic troubles that led to Hitler.

Not really, Hitler only got in because of the existence of the DNVP which consisted of a large number of German professionals who believed in monarchy and anti-Semitism. He didn't come from nowhere, even without the economic problems (which were arguably frustrated by conservative civil servants) Germany was still one of the most authoritarian and conservative places in the world. The biggest mistake of WW1 was assuming the old regime would just accept the changes, they frustrated them at every oppurtunity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending