The Student Room Group

No tuition fee loan??

I have applied for tuition fee loan (£9000) as well as the maintenance loan, higher maintenance loan and adult dependant's grant. I have not received any correspondence yet but just logged on to check the status and it says I will receive the maintenance loans and grant but no tuition fees will be paid. Is this correct? If it is, I seriously doubt I will be able to afford to go to University now :frown:

I received student finance for the two year Certificate of Higher Education that I completed in order to be able to do this degree (it's at the same university). Does this affect my current application?

Please help!
Original post by Laura2283
I have applied for tuition fee loan (£9000) as well as the maintenance loan, higher maintenance loan and adult dependant's grant. I have not received any correspondence yet but just logged on to check the status and it says I will receive the maintenance loans and grant but no tuition fees will be paid. Is this correct? If it is, I seriously doubt I will be able to afford to go to University now :frown:

I received student finance for the two year Certificate of Higher Education that I completed in order to be able to do this degree (it's at the same university). Does this affect my current application?

Please help!

Yes your previous study is what is removing your eligibility for tuition loan for your first year.

However a certhe is usually only a one year course not 2. Were you studying part time? I would suggest speaking to your current university to check that you've entered your previous study correctly (plus if your application is correct then they've clearly encouraged you down a route that isn't fully funded and so should be able to assist you - if you can't get funding then they might be willing to offer fee waivers or financing to cover the first year fees).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending