The Student Room Group

Political correctness gone mad is much better than no political correctness at all

Scroll to see replies

Original post by limetang
In which case there is no real reason for us to stop it. You may not like what they're saying but unless there is something going on there beyond them simply offending people I don't see why they should be prevented from speaking.

Because of its eventual social and potentially mental impact. Not to be rude but can you not read, pal?
Original post by Espada Zero
This website is a student forum and so in theory should have some of the most educated people in the country, yet the degree of racism, sexism, and hatred based on religion and sexuality on here is off the charts.

Obviously they are not as likely to express these opinions as freely without the veil of anonymity, but going based on what i've seen on here if this is what people really think then I'm glad we have OTT political correctness.

The world is better for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

[video="youtube;sXQkXXBqj_U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXQkXXBqj_U[/video]
Original post by KimKallstrom
[video="youtube;sXQkXXBqj_U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXQkXXBqj_U[/video]

Didn't that season end up with them all agreeing that they need to be PC?
Original post by TSRUsername99
Didn't that season end up with them all agreeing that they need to be PC?

Ha, to be fair, loads of people post the "they took our jeeerrrbs!" thing and ignore that later on it turns out they were correct :tongue:
Political correctness is very dangerous, it creates people that cannot deal with the world and who are unable to improve as they will ignore anything bad said to them.
And saying that tsr is racist and misogynistic is quite false actually, while you do get threads saying that "women are stupid" or "all Muslims are stupid" those people are not taken seriously, only the ones who actually provide reasons why what they say is correct like oppression in Islam or the fact that there is a very good reason why male and female razors are priced differently should be listened to.

Everyone has the right to freedom of speech no matter what you say, but most people will only listen to things that are interesting or of use to them so In a way it creates a natural form of "correctness"
But places that curtail the rights of people to have freedom of speech creates a far worse society, anyone should be allowed to insult anyone. In Britain I can safely say that david cameron is a idiot and should be hung and I wont expect the sas to come bursting in my room.

We have to be able to criticize feminism and many other movements with logical and sensible facts, as criticism is a good thing as it makes us want to improve for the most part.
And anyone that is sensitive or has " triggers" really needs to grow up. I can understand for really traumatic things such as war or physical and heavy mental abuse but when you say spiders are your trigger when you are just scared of them makes you seem like a idiot.

For the most part offensiveness needs to be taken on the chin, I can safely say that growing resilient to verbal abuse is a good thing, the real world is pretty dark and you either make a false world for yourself where everything is a lie and wait till it comes crumbling down or you live in reality and realise that not everything will go your way. But obviously there are times when abuse should not be tolerated, but I do see people get angry at stupid things
Original post by KimKallstrom
Ha, to be fair, loads of people post the "they took our jeeerrrbs!" thing and ignore that later on it turns out they were correct :tongue:

Nothing like a big pile of getting gay to sort out our immigration woes, stick it on the white cliffs so they can see it from Calais.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending