The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Women don't come close to men in most facets of life. Unless it has something to do with childbearing, men are vastly more competent at nearly everything else. For starters, men are far more physically stronger. Quadruple that with their better intelligence, dexterity and vitality, they tend to build and innovate more than any woman could hope (except for maybe one or two).

With their natural abilities, men create and maintain civilisation. To see this in action, all you need to do is to look at the workforce. All the important work that keeps this country afloat is done by men day in day out. From domestic construction to industrial construction. From electricians, plumbers and mechanics to the Royal Marines and the postal/delivery service. Without men you wouldn't have grand buildings, paved roads, sturdy bridges, marvellous aeroplanes and amazing automobiles and comfortable communication. Hell, have you ever seen a woman change a tire? I haven't and it isn't a particularly difficult thing to do. Either they don't care to learn or they simply aren't capable, despite lots of women owning cars. What sort of work do women do? Nursing, teaching, office work, babysitting, domestic work and a few others. Yes these are important, but a country can survive without this sort of work, whereas a country would fall into disrepair and destruction very quickly if all trade work, construction work and policing stopped for whatever reason.

Man's superiority isn't limited to work. In the field of study, again you see men dominate. Men have been the important philosophers, scientists, mathematicians, astronomers and writers. There aren't many (if any) female equivalents of Aristotle, Averroes, Aurelius, Ibn al-Rawandi, Isaac Newton, Cyrus, Washington, Isambard Brunel...and so on and so forth. Naturally because of their higher intelligence, men are the de facto leaders of any country. Most politicians are men and most countries historically were ruled by kings and their armies. Speaking of armies, no country would be able to defend itself without men, because only men have the strength, endurance and build required of a soldier. And only men have the industrious talent needed to develop lethal firearms, explosives and heavy weapons. No woman would have been able to write The Prince - the best book on realpolitik that I have read. Why? Because men are practical and rational creatures and therefore acknowledge what must be done in any given society - they know the threat of war always looms and defence is an essential aspect of any competent country. Machiavelli was definitely that sort of person even if his suggestions were brutal but he was a realist. Again reinforcing how men are natural leaders. They have the instinct to get sh*t done. On the other hand, women are often irrational and pander to emotion.

So what else? Well there's sports. Every sport has been mastered by men and I'm sure most if not all were invented by them. When people go to watch a game of football or cricket, they watch the pinnacle of the game, since you're paying to watch something and therefore you want to see the best. In women's tennis, the Williams sisters, the best female tennis players in the world, got pounded by a chain-smoking, binge-drinking Karsten Braasch who was ranked 203 when it happened in 1998. Every grandmaster is a man, except for Judit Polgar and maybe a couple other token women. Every snooker champion is a man. Every golf champion is a man. Thats because being being a grandmaster requires exceptional intelligence and mental stamina. Snooker and gold require exceptional dexterity, endurance and strength. Women don't have these qualities except in exceptional cases.

So we can put women's superiority to a rest now. But men and women are still equal right? Nope, not even a bit.
Original post by The_Last_Melon
1) Childbirth.

2) Breasts containing milk.

3) Aren't built like ogres.

4) Testosterone rises steadily with age rather than peaking then fading.

5) Vastly superior social intelligence.

6) Obsessed with health and beauty which are sensible obsessions. Beauty is deception which demonstrates an instinctive understanding for warfare.

7) Equally capable as men in all technical areas, just less interested in doing it because it is seen like monkey-work to them.

8) They all know it, but never talk about it, except the feminists - but most of them aren't feminists whereas most men are chauvanists because they are in denial about their inferiority.

I could go on and on, but now it's your turn to contribute.

Rep'd.
Original post by Tinemither
It's actually the opposite. Women tend to slowly produce it in small amounts over the course of their life, with a very gradual increase. Testosterone = Hormone=Can be broken down like any other protein. So it's not like it lingers in their bodies for an eternity. Upon reaching the menopause, hormones LH, FSH, progesterone and oestrogen are produced a huhe amount less, and testosterone in a higher amount. Hence why little old ladies may have chin hair or moustaches.

ARH, in response to your previous comment, testosterone is associated with aggression and hair growth. It isn't necessarily associated with becoming 'ripped', since that is a social issue with a person. Otherwise the argument could be why aren't all men 'ripped'?

Can I see your sources please?
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
Women don't come close to men in most facets of life. Unless it has something to do with childbearing, men are vastly more competent at nearly everything else. For starters, men are far more physically stronger. Quadruple that with their better intelligence, dexterity and vitality, they tend to build and innovate more than any woman could hope (except for maybe one or two).

With their natural abilities, men create and maintain civilisation. To see this in action, all you need to do is to look at the workforce. All the important work that keeps this country afloat is done by men day in day out. From domestic construction to industrial construction. From electricians, plumbers and mechanics to the Royal Marines and the postal/delivery service. Without men you wouldn't have grand buildings, paved roads, sturdy bridges, marvellous aeroplanes and amazing automobiles and comfortable communication. Hell, have you ever seen a woman change a tire? I haven't and it isn't a particularly difficult thing to do. Either they don't care to learn or they simply aren't capable, despite lots of women owning cars. What sort of work do women do? Nursing, teaching, office work, babysitting, domestic work and a few others. Yes these are important, but a country can survive without this sort of work, whereas a country would fall into disrepair and destruction very quickly if all trade work, construction work and policing stopped for whatever reason.

Man's superiority isn't limited to work. In the field of study, again you see men dominate. Men have been the important philosophers, scientists, mathematicians, astronomers and writers. There aren't many (if any) female equivalents of Aristotle, Averroes, Aurelius, Ibn al-Rawandi, Isaac Newton, Cyrus, Washington, Isambard Brunel...and so on and so forth. Naturally because of their higher intelligence, men are the de facto leaders of any country. Most politicians are men and most countries historically were ruled by kings and their armies. Speaking of armies, no country would be able to defend itself without men, because only men have the strength, endurance and build required of a soldier. And only men have the industrious talent needed to develop lethal firearms, explosives and heavy weapons. No woman would have been able to write The Prince - the best book on realpolitik that I have read. Why? Because men are practical and rational creatures and therefore acknowledge what must be done in any given society - they know the threat of war always looms and defence is an essential aspect of any competent country. Machiavelli was definitely that sort of person even if his suggestions were brutal but he was a realist. Again reinforcing how men are natural leaders. They have the instinct to get sh*t done. On the other hand, women are often irrational and pander to emotion.

So what else? Well there's sports. Every sport has been mastered by men and I'm sure most if not all were invented by them. When people go to watch a game of football or cricket, they watch the pinnacle of the game, since you're paying to watch something and therefore you want to see the best. In women's tennis, the Williams sisters, the best female tennis players in the world, got pounded by a chain-smoking, binge-drinking Karsten Braasch who was ranked 203 when it happened in 1998. Every grandmaster is a man, except for Judit Polgar and maybe a couple other token women. Every snooker champion is a man. Every golf champion is a man. Thats because being being a grandmaster requires exceptional intelligence and mental stamina. Snooker and gold require exceptional dexterity, endurance and strength. Women don't have these qualities except in exceptional cases.

So we can put women's superiority to a rest now. But men and women are still equal right? Nope, not even a bit.

So how come I have beaten men in every exam I've ever taken, and to every job that I've been offered? And with every subsequent promotion? …Whilst knocking out a few kids en route.
(edited 7 years ago)
+ Women have fleshy meat wallets
I didn't quote from anything, other than what my biology teacher told me and from what I'd noticed in older women.
I didn't quote from anything, other than what my biology teacher told me and from what I'd noticed in older women.

Okay, can you find any studies on this?
1) Childbirth.

6) Obsessed with health and beauty which are sensible obsessions. Beauty is deception which demonstrates an instinctive understanding for warfare.

7) Equally capable as men in all technical areas, just less interested in doing it because it is seen like monkey-work to them.

8) They all know it, but never talk about it, except the feminists - but most of them aren't feminists whereas most men are chauvanists because they are in denial about their inferiority.

I'm sure childbirth is so fun.

Milk which isn't often used. In 2005, only 13% of mothers were exclusively breastfeeding. If that milk was so good, why is the number so low?

Built like ogres? You don't put on muscle by just looking at a bar. You have to work for it, which shows dedication and willpower.

Testosterone might fade in men, but it's still around ten times higher throughout life.

Social intelligence depends on the group of people and their upbringing.

Obsessed with health and beauty. That's exactly why so many members of HAES are women, I'm sure. Being obsessed with your beauty isn't a good trait, it's borderline narcissism.

Yes, equally capable as men in technical areas.

Most men are not chauvinists (unless you'd like to volunteer some statistics?), and the word feminism has been tainted by women-supremacy 'feminist' groups.
Original post by ivybridge
He seems a bit thirsty - probably will. Much more. Should have sent me a penis then - not my fault. :colonhash:

lol ill send u a penis
seen some really nice ones actually

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
I read a few articles earlier about it. They all said contradicting things. Some explain it contributes heavily to muscle growth, others claim it has a small effect on muscle growth unless something else is used too, for example anabolic steroids or exercise.

I am likely to side with the latter, since I am not very muscular, and I don't exercise. It would mean, if it was the first one, I would be rather muscular. So to summarise, it is a mix. Older women with higher production of testosterone are likely to be a little more muscular (not to the extent that it would show) but it's nothing too much.
I read a few articles earlier about it. They all said contradicting things. Some explain it contributes heavily to muscle growth, others claim it has a small effect on muscle growth unless something else is used too, for example anabolic steroids or exercise.

I am likely to side with the latter, since I am not very muscular, and I don't exercise. It would mean, if it was the first one, I would be rather muscular. So to summarise, it is a mix. Older women with higher production of testosterone are likely to be a little more muscular (not to the extent that it would show) but it's nothing too much.

Testosterone's an anabolic steroid in itself, with about 8 times as much in adult men than adult women.
Original post by alkaline.
lol ill send u a penis
seen some really nice ones actually

Spoiler

Okay I will soon :tongue:
**** yes
Original post by DrSocSciences
So how come I have beaten men in every exam I've ever taken, and to every job that I've been offered? And with every subsequent promotion? …Whilst knocking out a few kids en route.

What field do you work in? Acing exams isn't an effective measure of intelligence. Most exams I've ever taken are based on memorising lots of information.

Men are more likely to be more intelligent and also less intelligent than women. Those who are more intelligent tend to go on to do greater things. Hence why there have been more Avicennas, Leonardo Da Vincis and Bobby Fischers than, well, their female counterparts. Those who are less intelligent can use their physical abilities and skills to provide a vital service. Do you think that welders and crane operatives are the most academic of people? Probably not, but they probably aren't stupid either. Just average or below average, but clever enough to make a living through hard work and grit - work that no woman wants to, or is capable of doing. None of this means women can't be intelligent, I never said that. But men are superior in the sense that they have multiple ways of thriving and collectively, men build civilisations. Whereas women are far more limited.
Original post by WoodyMKC
Childbirth is nothing compared to taking a stiff shot to the nuts :u: As are cluster headaches and I get those pretty regularly.

I had no idea that you suffered from cluster headaches! This will probably sound a bit weird but I find them really interesting to read about as I suffer from migraines myself (though they're obviously nothing compared to a cluster headache!) :tongue: How would you say that you cope with them?
Haha, Most women I've seen who don't wear makeup look physically ill.
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
But men are superior in the sense that they have multiple ways of thriving and collectively, men build civilisations. Whereas women are far more limited.

Yours is a curiously sheltered and archaic perspective of the world.

If you have the opportunity to work in a professional capacity and within a meritocratic environment in any of the capital cities on the planet, your views might change pretty quickly.
1) Childbirth.

You might have an argument but you also tried to argue for 'White Lives Matter' making you irrelevant.
1) Childbirth.

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or serious or if you're trying to get laid :rofl:

Even, I, as a woman, can admit that men are for the most part at least physically superior to women. Although I think the highest IQ ever recorded belongs to a woman, one cannot deny that on average more men are probably more intelligent than more woman are; though that's not to say that women haven't contributed in various ways to the arts, architecture, the sciences and computing, it's just that by and large men seem to be overrepresented
Original post by Youngmetro
You might have an argument but you also tried to argue for 'White Lives Matter' making you irrelevant.

So someone being "wrong in your eyes" on one thing makes him invalid in others?.
He also has no point, Men and women are pretty equal in most things, but strength and fat storage and shape and biological things are the only things to differ us.

but for the most part we are equal

Latest