The Student Room Group

The Gay Gene

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ckfeister
Not directed to you.

That's alright, I watched the video you linked me to and it actually makes a lot of sense. It wouldn't be fair to judge somebody due to the type of brain that they have, right?
If it was a masculine/feminine brain thing, how would bisexuality work?
Original post by HurtfulHarold
That's alright, I watched the video you linked me to and it actually makes a lot of sense. It wouldn't be fair to judge somebody due to the type of brain that they have, right?

Nah, I let people say this stuff even though I am.. gay myself its very complex, no one is born homophobic, but the intelligent people will know the truth as they will think outside the box.
Would you say a homosexual had a hormonal imbalance that caused a masculine or feminine brain in the womb?

that would be my guess but i'm no expert
Original post by banterboy
that would be my guess but i'm no expert

yo whats up with y'all
Reply 25
Original post by banterboy
but not that it is a gene, however.

genes decide how you develop.
At the very least you shouldn't call anybody out due to their different beliefs. I'm not saying that we should disregard beliefs like this. Anyways, what do you think about the 'Gay Gene' conspiracy? Do you think it makes sense? Or is it all a bunch of hogwash?

geez
There is no gene that actually makes someone be born as a gay person. But it can be a disorder type, not entirely sure though.
Some people do just choose to be gay and that is that. Some people have said they are gay and then have changed their minds later and now are not gay again. So I do not know what is happening. Maybe environmental influence does play in and others I do not know about yet.
Original post by Anonymous
There is no gene that actually makes someone be born as a gay person. But it can be a disorder type, not entirely sure though.
Some people do just choose to be gay and that is that. Some people have said they are gay and then have changed their minds later and now are not gay again. So I do not know what is happening. Maybe environmental influence does play in and others I do not know about yet.

You can't choose to be gay. You can choose whether or not to be celibate, but that's another matter.

You do realise that people can be attracted to both genders?
Original post by mondvay

Do they? There's a reason the Nature vs. Nurture debate has been going on for so long.
Original post by mondvay

Yeah, but the effects are not the genes themselves.
Original post by Anonymous

Oh look, an uneducated anon has crawled out of their cave
Original post by lolakirk
Oh look, an uneducated anon has crawled out of their cave

Excuse me why so rude? Fine be all gay you want as if it is going to bother me. I was just trying to say that some do develop feelings to same gender over time and some majority jusy do not. Also some people get attracted to both but they do not call themselves gay or even bi because they feel stronger for the opposite gender more. I feel somehow ot has also got to do with your hormonal levels but as I said not sure yet.
Just playing devil's advocate here, but if some people are saying that hormone imbalances causes homosexuality does that not mean that heterosexuality is the default sexuality? Meaning that we are supposed to be straight? Which also explains why men and women are born with reproductive systems that are supposed to work together?
wtf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending