The Student Room Group

When to start AS revision?

I've got my first exam on the 20th of May. I've not started any full blown revision, I've just been going over my notes every day in my frees.

But when should I start properly revising?

Thank you!
A month ago.

Going over notes does count as revision btw. But if you aren't doing anything at home yet then that's a problem.
Original post by BasicMistake
A month ago.

Going over notes does count as revision btw. But if you aren't doing anything at home yet then that's a problem.

Okay.

I've been doing a lot of past papers for my subjects a couple of times a week at home. Is that enough? I would like a bit of direction so I know I'm doing the right thing. :smile:
Original post by wonderoforange
Okay.

I've been doing a lot of past papers for my subjects a couple of times a week at home. Is that enough? I would like a bit of direction so I know I'm doing the right thing. :smile:

May I ask what your AS subjects are?
Original post by BasicMistake
May I ask what your AS subjects are?

Sure, I'm studying English Lang, Lit & ICT.
Sure, I'm studying English Lang, Lit & ICT.

I don't share any subjects with you so I won't be the greatest help.

All I will say is that how you revise is down to you. For some subjects, you only need to read through notes and you will be able to absorb all the information you need. For others, you may need to practice exam questions. It all depends on how you yourself feel about the subject.
you doing OR AS Lit?
Original post by OddFuturez
you doing OR AS Lit?

I'm doing OCR, yes.
I'm doing OCR, yes.

I'm doing that too, what texts you doing ?
Original post by OddFuturez
I'm doing that too, what texts you doing ?

I'm studying 'The Homecoming', 'Hamlet', 'The Merchant's Prologue + Tale', and '1984'.

What about you? :smile:
I'm studying 'The Homecoming', 'Hamlet', 'The Merchant's Prologue + Tale', and '1984'.

What about you? :smile:

Bloody chamber, Hamlet , Merchant's prologue and Street car named desire
Reply 11
I'd say you should start it AS soon as possible.
If you pardon the pun.
Reply 12
Nows the time to prepare for the examination, you should be confident with content and be learning how to present that in the exam and ensure you understand the key topics by revisiting them here and there
Ages ago
Original post by zayn008
Nows the time to prepare for the examination, you should be confident with content and be learning how to present that in the exam and ensure you understand the key topics by revisiting them here and there

see that was my plan...until i had chemo during march :frown: now im ****ing behind

Quick Reply

Latest