The Student Room Group

You accidentally annoy a random stranger and they're rude to you, do you apologise?

Okay, so I'm in Wilko buying a plant. The soil's dry so when I put the plant on the counter some of the soil falls out onto it. This annoyed Wilko checkout-guy (who just finished having an awkward conversation with this woman), who responded by being rude to me, before proceeding to use the hood of my coat the wipe the counter (which I found simultaneous weird and funny, but mostly weird).

This whole 'experience' made me wonder whether you'd apologise to a random stranger who's being rude because you accidentally annoyed them?
Original post by Mad_Cat_Lady
Okay, so I'm in Wilko buying a plant. The soil's dry so when I put the plant on the counter some of the soil falls out onto it. This annoyed Wilko checkout-guy (who just finished having an awkward conversation with this woman), who responded by being rude to me, before proceeding to use the hood of my coat the wipe the counter (which I found simultaneous weird and funny, but mostly weird).

This whole 'experience' made me wonder whether you'd apologise to a random stranger who's being rude because you accidentally annoyed them?

I would laugh in their faces and call them a rude expletive. If the guy used my coat to mop soil up i would have his fat ass fired on the spot
If the soil dropped and he did nothing I would say let me clean it up. but since he was so rude I would make him pay to wash the coat and I would talk to the manager
Referring to the question generally I would probably apologise reflexively and then regret it afterwards.

But in your situation I'd put in a complaint. Grabbing a customer's clothing to clear up soil, in a place that sells it? Very silly, would definitely complain.
Original post by AperfectBalance
If the soil dropped and he did nothing I would say let me clean it up. but since he was so rude I would make him pay to wash the coat and I would talk to the manager

My coat's fine, the soil was dry.
Original post by Mad_Cat_Lady
My coat's fine, the soil was dry.

Glad to hear, but still the cashier was very rude to you

But if it was my coat it would have got in the fibers and really screwed it up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending