The Student Room Group

EY Smart Futures 2016

Hi, haven't seen a thread about this particular work placement.

Has anyone hear applied and had their interview? I had mine a couple of weeks ago. I think it went well - to be honest, it's so hard to tell. I thought I messed up a lot for PwC but I got in, so who knows.

I got stuck on one question about making sacrifices for my team - I don't think I've ever had to do that tbh.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I got my EY Smart Futures offer today and I got PwC aswell!
Reply 2
Original post by HTCORN
Hey, I got my EY Smart Futures offer today and I got PwC aswell!

London? I'm still waiting on a reply
Reply 3
Nope Birmingham definitely less competitive than the London offices.
Reply 4
I'm waiting on a reply for the London one too had my interview just under 2 weeks ago
Reply 5
Original post by Mmlb99
I'm waiting on a reply for the London one too had my interview just under 2 weeks ago

How did the interview go?
Reply 6
Original post by popcornjpg
How did the interview go?

I feel like it really flowed and I think it went pretty well but it's hard to tell, I really hope I get a place how about you??
Reply 7
I have my telephone interview on wednesday - can you give my any tips on the strengths assessed - I am a bit worried about it , but trying to do preparation to make me feel more relaxed about it
Reply 8
Literally nothing to be worried about at all!
Reply 9
They are only trying to get more information about you not to try and catch you out. Its best to keep your application and CV near you also water (i learned the hard way).

The questions they are going to ask are not hard at all its just about developing your answers so that it covers the question fully. Also link it to EY as much as possible however if you do not understand the question, just ask for them to repeat it, they will not mind and it will not impact your application.

Just stay calm and don't worry, I wish someone told me this when I did my interview but none of the people I asked did so GOOD LUCK.
Reply 10
Also what city are you applying for?
Reply 11
Yeah just be your self it's just like a regular conversation they just want to know who you are and what you're about
Original post by future123
I have my telephone interview on wednesday - can you give my any tips on the strengths assessed - I am a bit worried about it , but trying to do preparation to make me feel more relaxed about it

You for London by any chance?

Still waiting on a reply :frown:
No - I'm in Manchester
64390765]They are only trying to get more information about you not to try and catch you out. Its best to keep your application and CV near you also watch

The questions they are going to ask are not hard at all its just about developing your answers soquestion fully. Also link it to EY as much as possible however if you do not understand the question, just ask for them to repeat it, they will not mind and it will not impact y

Just stay calm and don't worry, I wish someone told me this when I did my interview but none of the people I asked did so GOOD LUCK.
Thanks - I feel less nervous now. Had conference call and she did say to act natural and not too rehearsed. I'm applying for Manchester . Will let you know how it went
Thanks , will just try to be myself
No in Manchester
Original post by Mmlb99

Ya got a reply yet?
Reply 19
Original post by popcornjpg
Ya got a reply yet?

I got an email statig they'll give me an outcome by the 15th of May what about you???
The waits been so long

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending