The Student Room Group

Do I have to use the 6 major world religions in my R.E exam?

Do I have to use one of the six major world religions or can I use any? This morning I had a mock R.E exam and in most of my answers I used Christianity and Buddhism. However, for some answers I referred to the cult of Cthulhu, the Church of Jediism and the Church of Euthanasia. For example:

"All religions are sexist" Do you agree (3 marks)?

My answer: I strongly disagree as their are many religions that are not sexist. For example, the church of Euthanasia believe that everyone should kill themselves regardless of gender. Furthermore, the cult of Cthulhu believes that both male and female are equal slaves of the dark lord, the great old one Cthulhu. Lastly, the church of Judaism allows anyone to become a jedi once they take an oath.

Will I get the marks?
Reply 1
Original post by Cameron_Milne
Do I have to use one of the six major world religions or can I use any? This morning I had a mock R.E exam and in most of my answers I used Christianity and Buddhism. However, for some answers I referred to the cult of Cthulhu, the Church of Jediism and the Church of Euthanasia. For example:

My answer: I strongly disagree as their are many religions that are not sexist. For example, the church of Euthanasia believe that everyone should kill themselves regardless of gender. Furthermore, the cult of Cthulhu believes that both male and female are equal slaves of the dark lord, the great old one Cthulhu. Lastly, the church of Judaism allows anyone to become a jedi once they take an oath.

Will I get the marks?

For some of the Edexcel units (the 'Christianity and another religion') ones you can only use one other religion - or at least only one per question.
Thanks, so I'm guessing I lost some marks. Never mind it was still worth it.
Original post by Cameron_Milne

Will I get the marks?

I did mine years ago but I think you have to stick to the major world religions (I might have put jediism as a joke on mine and still got an A though, the rest I wrote was serious) as that's on the specification.

Quick Reply

Latest